City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
andrewmswift said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Apparently he's lost the plot in the press conference. Blamed the ref... just great, not only will our manager be picking up bans and fines, but the real problems not get swept under the carpet.

you've been a fucking prick all day, just log off

Not my fault i don't have my blue tinted specs on. Some of us rather not have our heads in the clouds.

Apparently

Re: How do you feel after a defeat like that?

McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
kun said:
McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
I'm absolutely disgusted. I thought we played well at times, worked hard when we didnt have the ball. Yaya, Negrado and Fernindinho got stuck in and covered every blade of grass. Kompany was magnificent. Again. And Silva brilliant and unlucky not to score. But Im still disgusted. And I blame Pellegrini. It was him that picked the team and him that picked DiMichelis. How can Pellegrini not see how poor MDM is? An absolute liability, wether it be in defence or midfield. I hope he never wears the shirt again.
Do us a favour and piss off, mate.

I am proud of the lads, put in a great performance and had as many chances as they did. Demichelis was superb until the red card (and that was outside the box, so shouldn't have led to a goal). Kompany proved definitively that he is the best centre back in the world. Zabba and Clichy were fantastic, Negredo too. Navas kept his width and looked good. Silva was MOTM for me and deserved a goal. Yaya and Ferna were imperious and Kolarov was disciplined. Nasri and Dzeko did well off the bench but Lescott shat himself under the slightest pressure. The red card didn't really destabilize us, we carried on playing well and created chances (if Silva's volley goes in we have a different games on our hands). How you can be disgusted is beyond me. Roll on Stoke...

CTID.

How can I be disgusted? Im disgusted that DiMichelis was allowed to be on the pitch. I dont blame him personnally for the defeat. He's just not good enough. Not good enough by a long way. He's a liability. As he was against Chelsea. What disgusts me most is the fact that Pellegrini continues to pick him. Boyata and Lescott are better defenders, both were fit.

Then your a troll, i'd say more but i'm not taking a ban for the likes of you.
You disgust me and your ilk.

It was a decent performance against a relatively toothless Barca.

Luck didnt favour us. But until we get some cbs who are better passers under pressure then the CL is not winnable.

Now lets concentrate on the trophies we can win.

MSP said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
andrewmswift said:
you've been a fucking prick all day, just log off

Not my fault i don't have my blue tinted specs on. Some of us rather not have our heads in the clouds.

Yours is in the ass tonight tbh.

For not saying how wonderful the performance was? Players like Toure and Nasri were let down not only by an individual player, but worse so by a manager who didn't have faith in them to do what they do best, get forward and cause havoc.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
TFC said:
karen7 said:
Thats it we are out

bollocks, we can do these in Spain

Totally agree. They've hardly wiped the floor with us since we went down to 10 men and the double bonus at the Nou Camp will be that we will have Aguero back and WON'T have Martin Dimichelis.
Agreed,Aguero would have had a great time against that back line tonight.Negredo scared the shit out of them on his own.

Maldeika said:
kp789 said:
Maldeika said:
Still - how could Demichelis come in a situation to be in a 1vs1 against Messi. That is what I do not understand. There is the mistake. Usually as a defender you then have to try to get the ball prior to the penalty box.

Yes, maybe Demichelis could have thought about leaving Messi to Joe Hart... Sorry, makes me laugh. An away goal from the opponent in the CL usually means going out especially if it is against Barcelona.

It is nice to counter attack - but not to leave yourself fully open in the behind against an opponent like Barcelona especially if Messi is there. Sorry, the problem has not been Demichelis - and not even the not called foul - but to leave the back like this.
Great post. Unfortunately for MDM, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time against arguably the greatest player that has ever lived.

I have seen Demichelis, van Buyten and Badstuber in the time of van Gaal - and with Heynckes and now with Guardiola. In the time of van Gaal the same defenders were poor as the organization just left them alone in a lot of the situations. If you e.g. look at the match from Bayern against Barcelona last year it was not the task of the defenders to take care of Messi but of the defensive midfielders and everybody else. In my eyes Messi did not really look sharper tonight then he did then.

And I would never go for an offside trap against Messi in that situation - not with that defense and not with Joe Hart as a goalkeeper.

I did not really think that Barcelona was that good tonight. Too less movement, the passes not sharp enough and a little slobby. And the attacks pretty harmless.
Finally!!!! Someone who understands me!

Commendable effort after goin one man down,second goal was harsh on our display but tie is still alive if we have a fully fit 11 anything is possible,i for one enjoyed us playing such a big game relatively well,look how far we've cme,instead ov moaning b happy abt it n even of we go out we,ll have a domestic treble to look forward to

Thought we were excellent tonight. Just one lapse in concentration for the first, and the second came from players being shattered.

One thing though is the ref was a complete wanker. Lost count how many times the snidey little shit Busquets and Dani Alves made sneaky tackles that went unpunished. Any 50/50 and it always resulted in a Barcelona free kick and a booking for us.

I thought we started poorly and first 15 minutes we looked in awe of them. We got better as the half went on but for some reason reverted to more of the same at the start of the second half. Looks like we got a bit of bad luck with the penalty but someone texted me as the game was on and said their offside goal in the second half wasn't.

Fernandinho wasn't at the races first half but I thought he was excellent second half when we went to ten men.

Negredo didn't play well for me, didn't stretch their defence much and was rightfully substituted. Dzeko did much better when he came on.

Navas was another who disappointed and Nasri really played well when he came on.

We have it a go but that second goal has killed us.

Barcelona were technically very good. They always look composed where we looked rushed (I think playing in the premier league doesn't help that) and their movement was good. I have to say though I find their football extremely boring. Just doesn't do it for me. Give me Bayern or Madrid any time over them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.