City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Apparently he's lost the plot in the press conference. Blamed the ref... just great, not only will our manager be picking up bans and fines, but the real problems not get swept under the carpet.
You've not seen it for for yourself then?

Begbie said:
Shirley said:
Begbie said:
i tried to make a new topic about how shite the support were tonight...it got merged or deleted dunno which......

the support were shite tonight

Why don't you just fcuk off.
Why dont you realise we have fucking nil support compared to lesser teams...bury your head in the sand all you want
There's an easy solution to that. Fuck off and support another lesser team who you feel have better support. You won't be missed.

Re: How do you feel after a defeat like that?

kun said:
McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
I'm absolutely disgusted. I thought we played well at times, worked hard when we didnt have the ball. Yaya, Negrado and Fernindinho got stuck in and covered every blade of grass. Kompany was magnificent. Again. And Silva brilliant and unlucky not to score. But Im still disgusted. And I blame Pellegrini. It was him that picked the team and him that picked DiMichelis. How can Pellegrini not see how poor MDM is? An absolute liability, wether it be in defence or midfield. I hope he never wears the shirt again.
Do us a favour and piss off, mate.

I am proud of the lads, put in a great performance and had as many chances as they did. Demichelis was superb until the red card (and that was outside the box, so shouldn't have led to a goal). Kompany proved definitively that he is the best centre back in the world. Zabba and Clichy were fantastic, Negredo too. Navas kept his width and looked good. Silva was MOTM for me and deserved a goal. Yaya and Ferna were imperious and Kolarov was disciplined. Nasri and Dzeko did well off the bench but Lescott shat himself under the slightest pressure. The red card didn't really destabilize us, we carried on playing well and created chances (if Silva's volley goes in we have a different games on our hands). How you can be disgusted is beyond me. Roll on Stoke...

CTID.

How can I be disgusted? Im disgusted that DiMichelis was allowed to be on the pitch. I dont blame him personnally for the defeat. He's just not good enough. Not good enough by a long way. He's a liability. As he was against Chelsea. What disgusts me most is the fact that Pellegrini continues to pick him. Boyata and Lescott are better defenders, both were fit.

Can't blame Demichelis. He has punching above his weight all season, and played well tonight before being sent off. Kolarov didn't do anything offensive or defensive and should have been taken off after he received the yellow card.

Look on the bright side. Finally the talk about winning the quadruple is over. Let's focus on winning the league!

Must back from the game.

I personally found Barcelona boring to watch. Bayern Munich were much, much better.

Negredo was shite, and I have no idea how, on current form, he got in front of Dzeko. Was Clichy carrying an injury toward the end of the game, as he looked dreadfully slow.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Apparently he's lost the plot in the press conference. Blamed the ref... just great, not only will our manager be picking up bans and fines, but the real problems not get swept under the carpet.

Log off fella ffs.

andrewmswift said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:

you've been a fucking prick all day, just log off

Not my fault i don't have my blue tinted specs on. Some of us rather not have our heads in the clouds.

I knew this would happen, this is what happens when you let Barcelona play their game and you sit back. It may look like they are just passing the ball without creating clear chances, but they only need one mistake and they punish you. As I said before the game Pelegrini should have started with 2 up front and attack them, because it was clear they have trouble defending. Barcelona is used to having the ball and that's why they aren't used to defending, Negredo created problems on his own if Dzeko or Jovetic were there to help him Barcelona would be in all sorts of trouble. But instead of that Pelegrini got scared and played right into their hands.

I thought we were a bit nervy to start but started to improve towards the end of the first half. We started the second half very well but poor refereeing ultimately cost us, they didn't look like scoring before the penalty incident. I think we could have won it if we kept it to 0-0 after 60 minutes and brought Nasri on then. Fantastic effort tonight though and very proud.

This game just proves a couple of things though:
1) David Silva is immense
2) Bayern Munich are still the best team in the world

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.