City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

mick10 said:
Bl0od said:
1619597_633822213320630_896271272_n.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIxgSTE2oxU[/youtube]

Guys we are not like that. We played good, they deserved win.

Most important we can win at camp nou with Aguero.
Yes the chap in the centre is clearly offside and it was he who put the ball into the net.
That doesnt matter, he was onside in the second phase of play

willy eckerslike said:
Decent performance by the lads tonight, but the gulf in quality is plain to see when we are compared against the big three. Pretty much the reason I don't get too excited about this competition, yet.

We need to improve key areas of the squad but can't spend big, like teams have been able to do in the past, due to the FFP farce as we need to show we are moving in the right direction. Luckily the increased revenue from the expanded stadium and the benefits of the youth system will eventually bear fruit, but unless we are extremely lucky in the transfer markets, I foresee it'll take us another 5 years to reach the level required to win this competition.

That is just tosh, we did Bayern and they did want to win so non of this "they were not arsed" shit, i can show you how gutted they were after if needs must.
We just came unstuck against arguably the best team around, JUST.
I saw no gulfs tonight at all so your talking shite.

In fact i think your a troll, 5 years my fucking arsehole.

McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
kun said:
McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
I'm absolutely disgusted. I thought we played well at times, worked hard when we didnt have the ball. Yaya, Negrado and Fernindinho got stuck in and covered every blade of grass. Kompany was magnificent. Again. And Silva brilliant and unlucky not to score. But Im still disgusted. And I blame Pellegrini. It was him that picked the team and him that picked DiMichelis. How can Pellegrini not see how poor MDM is? An absolute liability, wether it be in defence or midfield. I hope he never wears the shirt again.
Do us a favour and piss off, mate.

I am proud of the lads, put in a great performance and had as many chances as they did. Demichelis was superb until the red card (and that was outside the box, so shouldn't have led to a goal). Kompany proved definitively that he is the best centre back in the world. Zabba and Clichy were fantastic, Negredo too. Navas kept his width and looked good. Silva was MOTM for me and deserved a goal. Yaya and Ferna were imperious and Kolarov was disciplined. Nasri and Dzeko did well off the bench but Lescott shat himself under the slightest pressure. The red card didn't really destabilize us, we carried on playing well and created chances (if Silva's volley goes in we have a different games on our hands). How you can be disgusted is beyond me. Roll on Stoke...

CTID.

How can I be disgusted? Im disgusted that DiMichelis was allowed to be on the pitch. I dont blame him personnally for the defeat. He's just not good enough. Not good enough by a long way. He's a liability. As he was against Chelsea. What disgusts me most is the fact that Pellegrini continues to pick him. Boyata and Lescott are better defenders, both were fit.

Give it a rest eh. Martin wasn't that bad tonight.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Apparently he's lost the plot in the press conference. Blamed the ref... just great, not only will our manager be picking up bans and fines, but the real problems not get swept under the carpet.
How's he lost the plot,he's every right to blame the ref not just for the non pen but his general performance,and blowing up for soft fouls in their favour,must have felt like playing against 12 for the players....

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
andrewmswift said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Apparently he's lost the plot in the press conference. Blamed the ref... just great, not only will our manager be picking up bans and fines, but the real problems not get swept under the carpet.

you've been a fucking prick all day, just log off

Not my fault i don't have my blue tinted specs on. Some of us rather not have our heads in the clouds.

Yours is in the ass tonight tbh.

Not sure why fans are crying about this. They should be fucking proud. 10 men against one of the best sides in the world and we held our own. Ref was poor to be fair and we were equals before the sending off. Yes barca are slightly better than us at the mo but seriously we aren't that far off. Also a lot of players tonight wore their hearts on their sleeves. Vinny in particular was a legend. Well done city!

swblue7 said:
FFS, why the fuck are we still waiting for the arrival of a top class cb. We are fighting in four fronts and there is still a fuckin gaping hole next to Vinny. Any one with half a football brain knew that over 90 mins MDM was gonna get found out against Messi n co. Sure enough Messi isolated him and when u are a slow donkey u ain't gonna recover against the best in the world. Game over due to not securing a cb in the window !!

KNOB

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:

I agree with manager, the ref was awful. Four cynical fouls (3 by Alves) until he booked Alves, and then ran across the pitch to brandish a yellow at our first foul. He was not reffing the game for both teams. Busquets had 2 digs in the first half he got away with. If Dzeko had put that chance in at about 85 mins, I think there could have been a riot on the pitch as he would has disallowed it.

kp789 said:
Maldeika said:
AntonDonJuan said:
As an experienced defender, which he is, he should have stayed on his feet and let messi go. He chose to slide in as per usual and bring him down. His choice, he chose to bring him down.

He should bring his own joypad out for fifa which every button just makes him slide tackle

He actually had a decent game up until that point but it was a daft decision. If it stayed 1-0 we are still in the game, but it's not and demichelis getting sent off for a stupid tackle he was never going to win is the main reason for that

Still - how could Demichelis come in a situation to be in a 1vs1 against Messi. That is what I do not understand. There is the mistake. Usually as a defender you then have to try to get the ball prior to the penalty box.

Yes, maybe Demichelis could have thought about leaving Messi to Joe Hart... Sorry, makes me laugh. An away goal from the opponent in the CL usually means going out especially if it is against Barcelona.

It is nice to counter attack - but not to leave yourself fully open in the behind against an opponent like Barcelona especially if Messi is there. Sorry, the problem has not been Demichelis - and not even the not called foul - but to leave the back like this.
Great post. Unfortunately for MDM, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time against arguably the greatest player that has ever lived.

I have seen Demichelis, van Buyten and Badstuber in the time of van Gaal - and with Heynckes and now with Guardiola. In the time of van Gaal the same defenders were poor as the organization just left them alone in a lot of the situations. If you e.g. look at the match from Bayern against Barcelona last year it was not the task of the defenders to take care of Messi but of the defensive midfielders and everybody else. In my eyes Messi did not really look sharper tonight then he did then.

And I would never go for an offside trap against Messi in that situation - not with that defense and not with Joe Hart as a goalkeeper.

I did not really think that Barcelona was that good tonight. Too less movement, the passes not sharp enough and a little slobby. And the attacks pretty harmless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.