City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
"Martino admits he was 'surprised' Pellegrini picked Kolarov on the left. Says he was expecting Silva and Nasri out wide."

Again, just proves it even more, added with Vinnies comments about showing them too much respect... Pellegrini didn't have the balls or belief to go at them. Not until it actually went tits up, where we just happened to actually look a better side. What good is it going into these games if we believe we're not fit to lace the oppositions boots? The rolling of the red carpet for Messi and the tedious fawning over them completely brainwashed everyone into thinking we don't deserve to be on the same field as them, same happened with Bayern. Had this been the days of Vassell and Danny Mills I might have actually got my head round it.

Sorry mate but that is a rubbish post. We play 4-4-2 and get utterly bummed by Bayern at home and Pellegrini is a dick for playing 4-4-2. Then he goes 4-5-1 and plays Silva behind Negredo and he's showing them too much respect. You can't have it both ways.

I thought our line up was pretty decent, as was our play until MDM committed suicide for the team.

I think the score line is quite flattering of Barca and not representative of how the game went. Dare I say it I thought we may have played better with a second striker and we did miss sergio. It can be turned round in the second leg if everything goes for us as it certainly didn't today. I thought the referee wanted to be the centre of attention rather than a match between two teams, blowing up for faint touches, awful yellow card decisions and unfavorable decisions against perfectly good challenges. We set up and played to a manner the referee wouldn't allow us to. Moan or not, that is how the game fared.

To all the Rags on here.

City might be heading out if the CL, but your pile of shite under Moyes is out of the COC, the FA Cup, and the PL title race. And once you face a decent team in the CL, you'll be out of that as well.

SEASON OVER!

With no CL football next season either.

Now f*** off! :-)

we played some good football but 2 or 3 of our players are simply not skilled enough at this level need to improve the squad in the summer Barac were lucky with the penalty and the 2nd goal was soft two errors that have cost us onwards and upwards

The result could have been worse, should have been better. All in all, a fantastic performance from all that wore blue tonight.

bugsyblue said:
Not sure why fans are crying about this. They should be fucking proud. 10 men against one of the best sides in the world and we held our own. Ref was poor to be fair and we were equals before the sending off. Yes barca are slightly better than us at the mo but seriously we aren't that far off. Also a lot of players tonight wore their hearts on their sleeves. Vinny in particular was a legend. Well done city!

This

bugsyblue said:
Not sure why fans are crying about this. They should be fucking proud. 10 men against one of the best sides in the world and we held our own. Ref was poor to be fair and we were equals before the sending off. Yes barca are slightly better than us at the mo but seriously we aren't that far off. Also a lot of players tonight wore their hearts on their sleeves. Vinny in particular was a legend. Well done city!
This.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.