City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

barcafan6 said:
This is a barca fan here.
You played really well and i think the match could have gone anywhere and i feel our coach outplayed pelligrini tactically.
It could have gone anywhere but please dont say that we won due to refs error.There was a handball by someone whose penalty wasnt given and an offside wrongly given.Take those into account

Yea, Nasri should have started and showed why when he came on.

Fabregas was onside but that's never a handball. Barca barely appealed.

The problem with the ref is that the Messi penalty greatly impacted the game and happened before the Fabregas offside decision

Anyway, I hope you go onto with the CL if we don't pull off a miracle in the 2nd leg.

A tad unfortunate tonight and a draw would have been reasonable. Agreed with the team selection even the AK/Clichy combo. Didn't agree with MDM but he defended well until you know when. Main beef with MDM was the way he conceded possession so cheaply. Pen wasn't a pen but was a red card.

Main thing for me was that Barca came for a draw and in the end did a professional job on us. And that really is were we fall down. Its just not in our DNA at the moment. It will come in time though and games like this are part of that learning experience.

Pellers will probably get a ban but then the ref was shit. Nothing to do with impartiality he was just shit.

andrewmswift said:
Pigeonho said:
The screen shots are great. Unfortunately the ref doesn't have that luxury. You win some, you lose some.

which is why the sport needs to bring in instant replay.

Nooooo. How many camera angles would you need? The game would be ruined. Goal line decisions, yes. But that's it.

mammutly said:
andrewmswift said:
Pigeonho said:
The screen shots are great. Unfortunately the ref doesn't have that luxury. You win some, you lose some.

which is why the sport needs to bring in instant replay.

Nooooo. How many camera angles would you need? The game would be ruined. Goal line decisions, yes. But that's it.

then we'll keep having the barcas reals rags etc cheating their way to trophies. it's a fucking disgrace

Begbie said:
asking again...where the fuck were the support tonight?

Were you at the game you clown?I was and the support was fucking brilliant,never stopped singing,''We'll fight to the end'' and other stuff even at ten men and 1-0 down.

Some on this site need to give their head a big fucking wobble as hard as possible,if they aren't whining about the support they are crying about a few people leaving early,go and get a fucking life!!!

Kazzydeyna said:
Can't believe some of what I'm reading on here tonight.

I have been guilty many many times of spouting off whilst gutted or angry about a result or performance, and I've lost count of the times I've reread my posts the day after and been embarrassed but bloody hell some people tonight...

MDM was doing just fine until the penalty (that wasn't) and the red card (that also wasn't).

MP IMO got his tactics pretty spot on. As much as they had tonnes of possession , which we all KNEW they would have before the game -it's just how it is with Barça - , they didn't actually frighten us until the penalty.

Even with ten men we IMO matched them for threat in the second half. The second goal was a killer but shit like that happens when you're playing one of the best and certainly the most experienced teams in the world.

Pellers can hold his head high after tonight, as can the team. Am I the only one who is actually thinking "fuck it, we've just been up against the best in the world and you know what? We BELONG in that company. Bring on the next few years . I can't wait"

Well done Manuel. Well done lads. Well done MDM, you especially were robbed tonight mate.

CTID.

Of course it was a red<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:31 am --<br /><br />
mick10 said:
kp789 said:
mick10 said:
Yes the chap in the centre is clearly offside and it was he who put the ball into the net.
That doesnt matter, he was onside in the second phase of play
These offside decisions are given constantly week in week out. While the ball wasn't played directly to him he was clearly offside in the initial move gained the advantage by being so, minor interference of play only by sticking the ball into the net mind, offside and will always be given in that scenario.

Not how offside works. Are you a woman? ;)

Mancity1980 said:
sir baconface said:
ForzaMancini said:
Haha. Hilarious.

Fuck off.

You beat me to it.
you guys are taking yourselves far too seriously. We played as well as could be expected tonight and with a bit of luck could have got something out of that match, but without a doubt that second CB position is a weakness that needs addressing. We should get away with it domestically this season, but there are at least 3 sides in Europe (if not more) that will exploit it.
I think we all know that the CB position is a problem as we've been discussing it on here for most of the season. We can only base expectations on the squad we've currently got, and work with it as best we can. That's how the team and the manager will be judged at the end of the season. Anything else is just speculation.

Really proud of the team tonight against arguably one of the best teams in World football. We showed real character, especially when down to 10 men. Despite all of this, I can't help but feel frustrated that we didn't stick to our tried and trusted system, especially being the home team. Playing Negredo up top on his own gave us no outlet. OK, it may have been more than 2-0 but I would still like to have seen us carry on with a tried and trusted system rather than showing too much respect. I think this formation tonight was one for the away leg and not a first leg at home.

well just got back, can say this and that but they are better than us and it looks like the best team will go through, hope we can just have one of those great nights over there and pull it off, good effort boys, Kompany is some player

lets see what happens, this is THE game now, we have tested the waters know what barcelona are about, now the players need to start pulling together.

that game was crap crap and more crap though tbh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.