City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Proud of the Lads tonight. Thought we were unable to impose our strength and power because of crap ref. I do not think playing 2 out and out strikers can beat Barca because they will just pass around you so thought MP tactics pretty good. The game did change completely with the red card and penalty. MDM has got to have enough experience to let Messi go and see of Joe can save so he dropped a right clamger there. We're not far away from Barca on the evidence of tonight.

Just got back from the match and have to agree that the support was great tonight.

Mighty proud of the team, in the first half we were really organised and didn't look like conceding chances, and having gone down to 10 men we played brilliantly against one of the best teams in the World teams and one of the worst referees. You could see Barca were surprised at how hard we pushed them, wouldn't go as far as to say they were rattled but there were times when they were looking anxious.

We weren't allowed to tackle or compete for the ball, but Barca were. How does Pique get away with having his arms over the shoulder of Negredo and Dzeko holding them down all the time? And every time they jumped for the ball the ref ruled it a foul. Bah!

citytill1die84 said:
Didn't think Barcelona were that special what respect I had for them has gone diving cheating bastards. Boys did me proud although I think it's over I think we can still beat em away.
Didnt see much diving or cheating, but its not over

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Anyone else distinctly unimpressed with Barcelona's style? Pundits always salivate over their supposedly perfect tiki-taka football but I really find it dull as dirt to watch.

It can be a bit boring but their interchange in passing is brilliant.If the other team don't have the ball they won't hurt you and Barca keep it better than anybody.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Anyone else distinctly unimpressed with Barcelona's style? Pundits always salivate over their supposedly perfect tiki-taka football but I really find it dull as dirt to watch.

Very surprised that they didn't go for the throat immediately after the sending off. There was a short brace, then they just slacked off. I thought Xavi, Iniesta and Messi were having a bit of a night off TBF. Busquets was their star player for me. Seemed to suck the ball off our midfield and distribute it away from danger.

no chance

Untill we are massive we have got no chance in the champs lge that ref was a disgrace sending off yes but outside box u can not touch a player in europe! Well played blues at least were not cheats!

I'd also add I like that Pelligriini is already laying the groundwork with the next referee that is assigned to the away fixture with his post match comments. He never complains about the referees and I love that he is today because that guy was TERRIBLE.

My view for what it's worth, the referee gave them EVERYTHING in the first half - from the beast's booking after 1 not so dodgy tackle (Alves took 4 shithouse tackles to get booked), and all that was missing was maybe more City bookings for 'aggressive walking', at least that's the way it looked to me.

If Navas had received the free-kick as HE SHOULD HAVE, there would have been no attack and (again only my view), NOT a pen (although as it played out I accept that MDM would have been sent off even though it WAS OUTSIDE the box).

Basically, in the first half, it was as if we were playing against 12 men......after the 'sending off', the Swedish ref toned his bias (my opinion) down but then of course we were a man down anyway (linesman for the tackle on Navas??????). Barca were good let's make no mistake about that, but it will be interesting to see how the 'not the best' referees treat the other games (and UEFA's big money spinning, therefore favoured teams). We will see eh?......................................

Not had time to read all the pages so sorry if this has been said: I was proud of the whole team tonight, Vinnie had Messi in his pocket for 99% of the match & they all fought to the end. It was a shame about the second goal but it's only half time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.