City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

paulchapo said:
Begbie said:
asking again...where the fuck were the support tonight?

Were you at the game you clown?I was and the support was fucking brilliant,never stopped singing,''We'll fight to the end'' and other stuff even at ten men and 1-0 down.

Some on this site need to give their head a big fucking wobble as hard as possible,if they aren't whining about the support they are crying about a few people leaving early,go and get a fucking life!!!

exactly what i thought mate, we are getting a shit load of stick off twitter aswell. I thought it was good where i was tonight especially when there were a load of ppl with huge cameras spending half the game taking photos.

We played very well for what we are but we're a level below them and München (and I'm not taking the game that Bayern stopped taking seriously after they went 2-0 up into account with these points, there's a lot of things in that game that you'd just never get in a proper game that really means something).

We were at home and didn't impose ourselves on Barça. We matched them in some areas and limited their goal scoring opportunities to just a few shots from outside the box, and we did some things extremely well. But they will impose themselves on us far more than we did on them at the Camp Nou.

I thought some of our players lacked belief and so did the crowd at times.

Moving away from the thought of being in the same level as them I thought the tactics were spot on, I thought most players played very well. But we have weaknesses and the very best don't. We aren't one of the very best yet.

You played very well tonight blues , some individual performances were outstanding - yaya never stopped running and Kompany was dominant as ever , when you went down to 10 you actually looked better, players gave it there all which is good to see , on the other hand Barcelona are just amazing to watch at times - the constant quick passing and possession and messi looked like he was just in 2nd gear, they make football look easy !

Look forward to 2nd leg and hope you give it a good go.

paulchapo said:
Begbie said:

Were you at the game you clown?I was and the support was fucking brilliant,never stopped singing,''We'll fight to the end'' and other stuff even at ten men and 1-0 down.

Some on this site need to give their head a big fucking wobble as hard as possible,if they aren't whining about the support they are crying about a few people leaving early,go and get a fucking life!!!

I was there and I couldn't agree more mate. I think you'll find the ones who complain about the support are posting during the match. The irony.

andrewmswift said:
mammutly said:
andrewmswift said:
which is why the sport needs to bring in instant replay.

Nooooo. How many camera angles would you need? The game would be ruined. Goal line decisions, yes. But that's it.

then we'll keep having the barcas reals rags etc cheating their way to trophies. it's a fucking disgrace

The same kinds of decisions sometimes happen for us. Time to drop the victim mentality. We were not cheated tonight. We lost to a great side, just.

Just got back from the game, Dani Alves should have had a second yellow, that would have evened things out and he wouldnt have been on the pitch to score the second goal. The early leavers do spoil it for the proper fans, they tried to stand on the steps to take photographs with the pitch in the background but were told in no uncertain terms to move on as they were blocking peoples view of the pitch.

barcafan6 said:
This is a barca fan here.
You played really well and i think the match could have gone anywhere and i feel our coach outplayed pelligrini tactically.
It could have gone anywhere but please dont say that we won due to refs error.There was a handball by someone whose penalty wasnt given and an offside wrongly given.Take those into account
The passage of play that led to the offside would not have come about if the referee didnt award a penalty. Butterfly effect and all that.

As for the handball, good luck with that.

bazzlar said:
Just got back from the game, Dani Alves should have had a second yellow, that would have evened things out and he wouldnt have been on the pitch to score the second goal. The early leavers do spoil it for the proper fans, they tried to stand on the steps to take photographs with the pitch in the background but were told in no uncertain terms to move on as they were blocking peoples view of the pitch.
Also Mascherano took down one of our lads in the first half in the exact same late-challenge way he got booked for in the second half. Fabregas was late in one of ours a in the first half too and wasn't booked.

scousemanc said:
paulchapo said:
Begbie said:

I was there and I couldn't agree more mate. I think you'll find the ones who complain about the support are posting during the match. The irony.

The atmosphere was great,the team and the fans never gave up and the second goal only came at the death after we more than matched them for the whole second half with ten men.With a bit of better luck we could have scored a couple ourselves.We gave them too much respect in the first half,Negrado was too isolated up front and we hurried our passing a bit.I thought we were more composed and played better with ten men to be honest,but Barca pass you to death,the players must be shattered chasing the ball.

Demichelis had a great game until the sending off.Sure his legs have gone a bit but he was positioning and applying himself well.The ref was a biased tosser and we should have had a foul on Navas which if given wouldn't have resulted in the Messi penalty.

We more than matched arguably the best team on the planet playing almost a full half with ten men.15 years ago we were playing Gillingham trying to get out of what was really the 3rd division.Am i happy?You fucking bet!!

Anyone else distinctly unimpressed with Barcelona's style? Pundits always salivate over their supposedly perfect tiki-taka football but I really find it dull as dirt to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.