City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Anyone else distinctly unimpressed with Barcelona's style? Pundits always salivate over their supposedly perfect tiki-taka football but I really find it dull as dirt to watch.
I find Guardiola's teams boring, I find Spain boring and this current Barça manager's team boring.

I find the way we play (weren't at our best tonight with the ball) and the way Ancelloti's teams play far more exciting.

andrewmswift said:
i think we were excellent to be honest, and if the pen wasn't wrongly given we win. even with 10

yes the foul was just outside the box, definite red but not a pen, just a free kick.

BUT, barca had a perfectly good 2nd goal ruled out for offside even though it was level, so i think that evens the pen decision up a bit.

Feel bad for the players because they did very well tonight, I'm very proud of them. I don't think us or anyone in England is at the level of Real, Barca, Bayern, etc yet. We're getting there and this was a great test for us. With some skill and luck we can get by them next round and there's a decent chance we will.

rastus said:
citytill1die84 said:
Didn't think Barcelona were that special what respect I had for them has gone diving cheating bastards. Boys did me proud although I think it's over I think we can still beat em away.
Didnt see much diving or cheating, but its not over

Every time a City player went near them they were on the ground.

afc16 said:
andrewmswift said:
i think we were excellent to be honest, and if the pen wasn't wrongly given we win. even with 10

yes the foul was just outside the box, definite red but not a pen, just a free kick.

BUT, barca had a perfectly good 2nd goal ruled out for offside even though it was level, so i think that evens the pen decision up a bit.
Again, each passage of play is dependant on what preceded it.

Who was the clown that went down clutching their hand and got nothing for it? That was embarrassing. Really didn't think much of Barca tonight.
Ref really wound me up. As did my Dipper girlfriend when I got in!

shevtheblue said:
Basquets and Alves showed their class today, class of cheating that is. But this is European football, dive and cheat and you will prosper.

But that IS Champions League football! It always has been (or at least since the nineties) and always will be. It will NEVER change.

So why is everyone up in arms at the odd decisions tonight? The only player we have who can con the ref is Kolarov. When you feel a touch, however slight, go down. If we want to win this competition, we have to become more Euro-aware.

Mancity1980 said:
sir baconface said:
ForzaMancini said:
Haha. Hilarious.

Fuck off.

You beat me to it.
you guys are taking yourselves far too seriously. We played as well as could be expected tonight and with a bit of luck could have got something out of that match, but without a doubt that second CB position is a weakness that needs addressing. We should get away with it domestically this season, but there are at least 3 sides in Europe (if not more) that will exploit it.

That's a bit more constructive than your previous post.

Just got in so I've not read all this thread just bits so apologies if I'm repeating what others have said.
I think the first twenty minutes we gave Barcelona too much respect. There was a noticeable fear factor amongst
some of our players. I think we are still mentally adjusting to playing at this level which was evidenced by our
passes going astray when we occasionally had possession.. After that until the sending off I thought we at least
matched them and had the better of the chances. If Negredo had scored who knows what would have happened?
I thought Vinny proved that he is the best defender in the world again tonight and Fernandihno & Yaya put in a
great shift. The referee was appalling not just for the penalty but for the number of fouls he called against us
whilst letting Barcelona get away with similar or worse. I don't think its worth analysing the match after we
went down to 10 men. From what I saw we are very close to Barcelona and on a good night we can beat them.
I don't think that they are as good as Bayern. They play nicer football but Bayern are a more complete team
in terms of defending and physicality. I think we need 3-4 upgrades to the current squad to win the CL but
we are not a million miles off. I can see us winning it in the next couple of years. For now though I think
whilst 0-1 was doable 0-2 is a bridge too far this season. Hold your heads up blues it's coming! Oh and I
thought the support was great - they were even singing near me in CB L3!

KippaxCitizen said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Anyone else distinctly unimpressed with Barcelona's style? Pundits always salivate over their supposedly perfect tiki-taka football but I really find it dull as dirt to watch.
I find Guardiola's teams boring, I find Spain boring and this current Barça manager's team boring.

I find the way we play (weren't at our best tonight with the ball) and the way Ancelloti's teams play far more exciting.

i would say barca's current style which i saw tonight was a bit boring yes, but i wouldn't say pep's style is boring.

that barca team he had for about 3-4 years played football that you could jerk off to.

and now his bayern team are playing similarly.

when we played barca a few years ago, they were mesmerising. in the first game which we drew 2-2, they should have beaten us 10-0.

they aren't close to that level now though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.