City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Chris in London said:
For anyone at the ground who hasn't seen a replay, it wasn't a penalty (it was outside the box) and Barcelona gained possession through a foul on Navas that wasn't given.

The tackle on Navas could have gone either way. He threw himself to the ground.

Also it was a penalty. "If foul continues inside penalty area, it's a penalty kick" [via @jesusmalaga]

BgyUPW-CYAAMduQ.jpg

Here is a question - IF the ref had given a free kick right on the edge of the box instead of a pen -
would MDM still have got a red (for being the last man)?
I was just wondering because this season I have seen "a last man" defender 40 yds from the goal bring down an attacker and got a red.

Home for half an hour , decent exit from the ground and drive home

Disappointed we couldn't hold the score at 0-1 but i did think it was an uphill task after seeing the team sheet

I'd have kept the same team as played Chelsea minus Jimmy but what do I know

No option now but to unleash a fully fit Kun (fingers crossed) for leg 2

gwt said:
Feel bad for the players because they did very well tonight, I'm very proud of them. I don't think us or anyone in England is at the level of Real, Barca, Bayern, etc yet. We're getting there and this was a great test for us. With some skill and luck we can get by them next round and there's a decent chance we will.

I won't have them as better than you. Despite us having a shitload of injuries this season they still aren't ahead of us. They just about won against a City side that were noticeably inferior to the current one.

Great match by the way. The scoreline flattered us slightly. I felt 0-1 would have been more representative of the game. We were slightly better overall. Tito (or even Pep) would not have won this game.

citytill1die84 said:
Didn't think Barcelona were that special what respect I had for them has gone diving cheating bastards. Boys did me proud although I think it's over I think we can still beat em away.

Just got back from match. IMHO Bayern Munich were more impressive. Very surprised how dirty they were.
Once we realised they were not as good as Bayern,thought we started to play with more belief.

Another story of missed chances especially the Negredo header at the end of the first half.
They were at full strength and we weren't. Still think we can score at the Nou Camp so tie not over yet.

Thought atmosphere was great and singing from all sides of ground. Great rendition of Blue Moon.

CTID

Gutted that Sergio wasnt available as I believe that would have made a big difference. Cant see us getting anywhere close at the Nou Camp so if we do go out, I really think it could be a blessing in disguise in the long run. Lets really go for it and win this fucking domestic treble.

afc16 said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Anyone else distinctly unimpressed with Barcelona's style? Pundits always salivate over their supposedly perfect tiki-taka football but I really find it dull as dirt to watch.
I find Guardiola's teams boring, I find Spain boring and this current Barça manager's team boring.

I find the way we play (weren't at our best tonight with the ball) and the way Ancelloti's teams play far more exciting.

i would say barca's current style which i saw tonight was a bit boring yes, but i wouldn't say pep's style is boring.

that barca team he had for about 3-4 years played football that you could jerk off to.

and now his bayern team are playing similarly.

when we played barca a few years ago, they were mesmerising. in the first game which we drew 2-2, they should have beaten us 10-0.

they aren't close to that level now though.
I used to love watching Barca play. Not this team. They keep possession well, but they don't look like scoring. I remember that game. First hour they were brilliant and then it looked like they ran out of steam. Did Fabregas score with a hurt foot? He got a bit of booing when he went off. never really liked him as he always tried to referee games

Your mate Nasri is playing out of his skin at the moment. I think he is right up there with the very best players. Unfortunately not quite fit enough to start.

Good Luck against Bayern. I think they will beat you. But that's only because they are the best.

Kerry bai said:
Chris in London said:
For anyone at the ground who hasn't seen a replay, it wasn't a penalty (it was outside the box) and Barcelona gained possession through a foul on Navas that wasn't given.

The tackle on Navas could have gone either way. He threw himself to the ground.

Also it was a penalty. "If foul continues inside penalty area, it's a penalty kick" [via @jesusmalaga]

BgyUPW-CYAAMduQ.jpg
Never a foul on Navas for me and I've slagged that joke of a ref off for about seventy other things he got wrong but he(/his linesmen) was right not to give it.

Bluep*ss said:
Here is a question - IF the ref had given a free kick right on the edge of the box instead of a pen -
would MDM still have got a red (for being the last man)?
I was just wondering because this season I have seen "a last man" defender 40 yds from the goal bring down an attacker and got a red.
It's nothing to do with being "the last man", The quesrion is did he deny a clear goal-scoring opportunity?

And the answer was "yes he did." So the red card was correct although it's barmy to give one when you've awarded a penalty as you haven't actually denied a goal-scoring opportunity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.