City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

PB, how would such a rule work then in a situation where a player strikes a ball which is goal bound, only for it to be handled on the line deliberately by an opponent (not the goalkeeper) to stop the ball from going in. Such as Suarez against Ghana in the world cup in S.A.

Surely only giving a penalty isn't returning the advantage, as in that situation the ball was definitely going in but now there is a chance that the penalty could be missed?

IMO you have to give the red card and penalty in each situations. The foul tonight was outside the box, so it wasn't a penalty to begin with, but the fact the referee gave the penalty shouldn't stop him from issuing the red card.

MSP said:
Demichelis had great game before red card.

THIS ^^^

Those who moan about him know less than Jon Snow about football.

He took one for the team, and Kompany have played Messi onside, hardly Micho's fault.

Great game by the lads in Sky Blue, ten against eleven plus the help of a fucking twisted incompetent swede ref.

Stuff them fookers 3 nil at the Camp Nou, el Kun Agüero hat trick.

CelesteItis said:
MSP said:

THIS ^^^

He took one for the team, and Kompany have played Messi onside, hardly Micho's fault.

Great game by the lads in Sky Blue, ten against eleven plus the help of a fucking twisted incompetent swede ref.

i actually agree with the two of you. He shouldn't have went sliding in as he did, but he was put in a poor position by firstly the referee and Kompany who had a moments lapse in concentration. He had a good game up until then and wasn't giving the Barcelona team any time to settle on the ball.

Kerry bai said:
Chris in London said:
For anyone at the ground who hasn't seen a replay, it wasn't a penalty (it was outside the box) and Barcelona gained possession through a foul on Navas that wasn't given.

The tackle on Navas could have gone either way. He threw himself to the ground.

Also it was a penalty. "If foul continues inside penalty area, it's a penalty kick" [via @jesusmalaga]

BgyUPW-CYAAMduQ.jpg

Navas was kicked on the shin. That's a foul. Whether he threw himself to the ground or not after he was fouled can not have any relevance to whether he was fouled in the first place.

You might also want to read the laws of the game. Demichelis was penalised for tripping Messi. According to law 14

A penalty kick is awarded against a team that commits one of the ten offences for which a direct free kick is awarded, inside its own penalty area and while the ball is in play.

A trip is one of the 'ten offences'.

Some offences can be continuous, eg holding or shirt pulling. A trip is not one of them. Messi was tripped outside the area. The penalty was wrongly awarded.

CelesteItis said:
MSP said:

THIS ^^^

Jon-snow_510x317.jpg

a big win(ter) is coming. we who have decided the catalan's fate shall swing the sword at the camp nou. valar morghulis.

..tin helm grab..

Chris in London said:
Kerry bai said:
Chris in London said:
For anyone at the ground who hasn't seen a replay, it wasn't a penalty (it was outside the box) and Barcelona gained possession through a foul on Navas that wasn't given.

The tackle on Navas could have gone either way. He threw himself to the ground.

Also it was a penalty. "If foul continues inside penalty area, it's a penalty kick" [via @jesusmalaga]

BgyUPW-CYAAMduQ.jpg

Navas was kicked on the shin. That's a foul. Whether he threw himself to the ground or not after he was fouled can not have any relevance to whether he was fouled in the first place.

You might also want to read the laws of the game. Demichelis was penalised for tripping Messi. According to law 14

A penalty kick is awarded against a team that commits one of the ten offences for which a direct free kick is awarded, inside its own penalty area and while the ball is in play.

A trip is one of the 'ten offences'.

Some offences can be continuous, eg holding or shirt pulling. A trip is not one of them. Messi was tripped outside the area. The penalty was wrongly avoided.

Graham Poll (ex-referee): "Contact continued until at least line marking penalty area and further, meaning awarding a penalty was correct."

Contact was made outside the box but Messi is still in a position to regain his balance and continue. The contact continues into the box and furthermore MDM's trailing leg catches Messi and he hits the ground.

The Navas decision happens every game. There was slight contact and he throws himself to the ground. Those sort of tackles are often not given.

Kerry bai said:
Graham Poll (ex-referee): "Contact continued until at least line marking penalty area and further, meaning awarding a penalty was correct."

Unlucky guys. There is still a second half to be played and I hope it will be a classic. Barca have reach 6 consecutive semi finals so losing is no shame. With some more experience City will be able to break into the European elite clubs, i.e. Barca, Madrid, Bayern. I don't see this team having years of European mediocrity like we see with Arsenal.
Graham Poll lol.......he who booked a player three times and didn't send him off. Surely the bookings should have continued to a sending off!

Download the full match here <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=297755" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=297755</a>

HD highlights up soon.

thanks to the US blues who told me where to see the match, as soon as I saw the channel I just ran out of the house....left the kettle on the gas stove, wife not happy but then shit happens.
I really think we can beat them away...so there

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Kerry bai said:

Unlucky guys. There is still a second half to be played and I hope it will be a classic. Barca have reach 6 consecutive semi finals so losing is no shame. With some more experience City will be able to break into the European elite clubs, i.e. Barca, Madrid, Bayern. I don't see this team having years of European mediocrity like we see with Arsenal.
Graham Poll lol.......he who booked a player three times and didn't send him off. Surely the bookings should have continued to a sending off!

Where in the laws of the game is contact an offence?

Kicking and tripping an opponent is an offence punishable by a direct free kick or a penalty, contact is not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.