City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
It's gone we move on I take great heart from some aspects of our performance last night (we weren't that much worse than them) in fact in attacking terms we carried the bigger threat for large portions of the match.We got pulled out of position, went to sleep for a second and got punished after defending really well up until the penalty and MDM red and tbh Messi was totally anonymous for long periods, okay we didn't get much help from Billy Barca in the refs shirt but hey ho it happens in football.I love Pell I like his reading of games and tactical ability to change and improve things he see's going wrong, his changes instantly improved our attacking options.My only gripe is that maybe he was a little over cautious with his team selection (i'd have played Naz and Jovetic from the start) but make no mistake as a European club super power we are a couple of signings from being in amongst them.

I'm disappointed, you didnt shout this, it would have been so much more valid if you had...

I still like you though

Whitworth Park said:
What get's me is that he changed a team that played brilliant against Chelsea.
Maybe bring Nasri in but leave the rest alone.
Barca should have been worried about us not the other way round.
I think if we had attacked we could have scored a couple, sure they might have as well
but i would sooner have had 2-2.

We had no choice really, with the space they'd get in midfield I thought the choice to have Kolarov in midfield was brilliant. Against Chelsea we didn't really have much to lose and could play with 2 strikers but against Barcelona it would be suicidal. Milner also couldn't play as he was suspended, I thought the selection was bang on, I certainly don't think Pellegrini factored that we would be 1-0 down and playing with 10 men in this game. In the end I still think 1-0 would of been okay but that second goal was a poor one to concede and it has really killed our chances.

I thought the guys were magnificent tonight despite a very pro Barca ref with some questionable decisions and non-decisions. Unfortunately, I believe the Demichalis red card was warranted as he was the last defender. However, it was outside the box when he first tackled Messi.

The remaining 10 men were great and Barca was not getting close until Kolarov was swapped out. After that, that side of the field was wide open and the second goal resulted.

Don't mean to second guess the boss, but would have preferred Jovetic instead of Dzeko as he was way better ball skills. With Aguero back for the Camp Nou game, still fancy our chances although 1 goal down would have been way better than 2.

Looks like Arsenal got the same ref or at least his brother. They are down to 10 men. There have been two penalties in the game and two missed.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
It's gone we move on I take great heart from some aspects of our performance last night (we weren't that much worse than them) in fact in attacking terms we carried the bigger threat for large portions of the match.We got pulled out of position, went to sleep for a second and got punished after defending really well up until the penalty and MDM red and tbh Messi was totally anonymous for long periods, okay we didn't get much help from Billy Barca in the refs shirt but hey ho it happens in football.I love Pell I like his reading of games and tactical ability to change and improve things he see's going wrong, his changes instantly improved our attacking options.My only gripe is that maybe he was a little over cautious with his team selection (i'd have played Naz and Jovetic from the start) but make no mistake as a European club super power we are a couple of signings from being in amongst them.

I'm disappointed, you didnt shout this, it would have been so much more valid if you had...

I still like you though

Ha ha ha ha pmsl cheers P.L.L.K We're all a bit deflated but we're CITY ! so we'll get to our feet,dust ourselves down and start marching again cos that's what blues do.

CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
CAPTAINKIPPAX said:

I still like you though

Ha ha ha ha pmsl cheers P.L.L.K We're all a bit deflated but we're CITY ! so we'll get to our feet,dust ourselves down and start marching again cos that's what blues do.

I agree. I had rags trying to take the piss today... bless their little cotton socks... losing to Barca isnt a disgrace, the CL is a bonus. We'll go again and come back stronger

Viva CAPTAINKIPPAX!!!

I think Stefan Jovetic could have been used effectively in this match as we have it seen him perform on a European stage. Putting Kolarov in LM was an odd decision and I would of liked to see Jovetic being played in CAM role. Jovetic is a very versatile player who can play in a range of positions from striker to even a winger at times. I think next season will be the one where Jovetic will light up the Premier League.

The pane onl RTE just ran a piece that went on for at least 5 minutes on how it was "astonishing" that Milner wasnt played last night, unreal

Just came across this - the lad is so fucking good, we are lucky to have him.

[bigimg]http://gfycat.com/SardonicImperfectKoodoo[/bigimg]

(I guess its adjustable or some shit so youll have to click on it)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.