City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Armaan said:
mmc said:
Would of preferred to see yaya player forward and put silva on the left, would of had a better control of possession and less defensive responsibility on yaya. Dont understand why we dont push him higher up the pitch again teams like barca, bayern. Slot javi in there and we could of tried to get a foothold in the possession and yaya could of scored them important goals he loves/ and i love, so much.
I always say that about Yaya but nobody ever agrees with me. Yaya behind Kun would scare the shit out of every team bar none.

I don't think Pellegrini wants to sacrifice 90 minutes of Yaya controlling the game from midfield for a few occasions per game of him getting into goalscoring positions.

The off side rule is very complicated these days ..... but why wasn't Messing given off side ..... At the point Navas is "fouled" and Barca get the ball he is off side ... The ball is played forward and he is still offside and walking back onside... Then by the time Iniesta makes the through pass he is level and unmarked and so has gained an advantage by being offside

Probably I don't understand the rules in which case any enlightenment would be appreciated

portisheadblue said:
The off side rule is very complicated these days ..... but why wasn't Messing given off side ..... At the point Navas is "fouled" and Barca get the ball he is off side ... The ball is played forward and he is still offside and walking back onside... Then by the time Iniesta makes the through pass he is level and unmarked and so has gained an advantage by being offside

Probably I don't understand the rules in which case any enlightenment would be appreciated
Simply because the only pass that matters is the one that goes directly to him. Everything else that goes on before that is deemed irrelevant.

FCBarca said:
Mowing the pitch after the match

timthumb.php

Of course Spaniards and Catalans (you´re not one I deduce) have never got up to dirty tricks of this kind EVER!!
What we did was well within the rules - the length of the grass was within specified limits because if it hadn´t been we would have been ordered to cut it - end of!!

Now toddle off back to rag cafe

mike channon´s windmill said:
FCBarca said:

timthumb.php

Of course Spaniards and Catalans (you´re not one I deduce) have never got up to dirty tricks of this kind EVER!!
What we did was well within the rules - the length of the grass was within specified limits because if it hadn´t been we would have been ordered to cut it - end off

Totally agree mcw. Mowing the grass after a game encourages new growth as it stimulates individual grass leaves to return to an upright position as it may have been flattened by a player rolling around after a tackle.

This happens more in some games than others, of course, depending on the "kind" of players playing.

willy eckerslike said:
FCBarca said:

timthumb.php

What we did was well within the rules - the length of the grass was within specified limits because if it hadn´t been we would have been ordered to cut it - end off

Totally agree mcw. Mowing the grass after a game encourages new growth as it stimulates individual grass leaves to return to an upright position as it may have been flattened by a player rolling around after a tackle.

This happens more in some games than others, of course, depending on the "kind" of players playing.

But mowing before the match doesn't eh?...Keep telling yourself it wasn't some attempt to slow down Barcelona's passing...Pellegrini knows this trick quite well...There were pics ahead of the match showing footprints quite visible due to the length

There should be regulations on length as this is a common tactic against Barcelona...not to worry, the Camp Nou pitch will be nice & fast

FCBarca said:
willy eckerslike said:

But mowing before the match doesn't eh?...Keep telling yourself it wasn't some attempt to slow down Barcelona's passing...Pellegrini knows this trick quite well...There were pics ahead of the match showing footprints quite visible due to the length

There should be regulations on length as this is a common tactic against Barcelona...not to worry, the Camp Nou pitch will be nice & fast

You watch any game on TV. As soon as the match ends they come out with lawnmowers as much to roll the pitch as to take a slight mm of the grass. As long as the grass is the correct length I don't see the problem.

FCBarca said:
willy eckerslike said:

There's a few things not quite right with your accusation.

1) City mow the pitch after every game.
2) City are better playing on the deck as well, so it would affect our play too.
3) I think many people know this trick and it isn't against the rules.
4) It's a fairer ploy than trying to break up another team's passing play than consistently fouling, which IS against the rules and led to the first yellow card for Barca.

FCBarca said:

timthumb.php

Thats a fairly common thing post game. See it all the time when commentators are summarising the game.

FCBarca said:
willy eckerslike said:

Have you ever been to a live game? Be careful with your answer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.