City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

I see some folks are questioning the red card - I feel the blue tinted specs need to be removed. That was a red card any day of the week under the current rules:
Foul (check)
Denial of a goal scoring opportunity (check)

The only issue is whether it was a pen. 50/50 call and I was bang level.
But as it was DeMichalis's other leg that cleaned Messi out in the box, I would say that is the decisive factor - Messi was still on his feet till that point.

Stanger said:
Valiant effort from the boys. Extremely poor refreeing. Some of the players put in an excellent shift and it was great to see them fight till the end even when we were a player down

Positives.
Vincent Kompany what a player! Zaba and him bossed the right side defense and nobody could get past them.
Silva did brilliant, he made sure the little possession we had was put to good use. Such an underrated player.
Dinho despite just coming back from injury put in a great performance, love to see him tackle and charge with the ball.
Nasri cameo towards the end gave us a chance to fight back.

Negatives.
Negredo, being up on his own did not help him at all. Fought for the ball well, but his finishing has been poor lately.
Clichy/Demichelis. Left side of the defense has been a problem all season and it continues to be the same.

Another 90 minutes to go, and anything can happen. We will have Aguero back and i believe we have a good chance to beat them. We have seen how they play, its a chance for us to regroup, and play to their weaknesses.

Also, there is way too much respect for Barca in here. Hate them diving cunts! People calling Messi the best player in the world, he seemed nowhere near that against us.

Give it up. Clichy was superb mate.

Dzekos Smile said:
The reality is, City still have a long way to go in becoming European champions, Barca did not even get out of second gear.
I agree. They were the away team and tried to make it a cagey game, we didn't impose ourselves on them as the home team.

As well as we did in some ways last night what I took from the game the most was that we have weaknesses, the very elite don't. We aren't one of the very elite yet.

BlueAnorak said:
I see some folks are questioning the red card - I feel the blue tinted specs need to be removed. That was a red card any day of the week under the current rules:
Foul (check)
Denial of a goal scoring opportunity (check)

The only issue is whether it was a pen. 50/50 call and I was bang level.
But as it was DeMichalis's other leg that cleaned Messi out in the box, I would say that is the decisive factor - Messi was still on his feet till that point.
Hard to see how anyone can say that wasn't a red card. It's done now though, and I can't wait to see who we bring in to fill that space permanently. Heavy investment needed there in the summer for a partner for Kompany.
Anyway, Aguero hat trick in 3 weeks time. ;-)

de niro said:
you can buy any player, chose any formation to play any team but if the ref is a cheat you stand no chance.
If I was a Barça fan I'd be unhappy the perfectly good goal was disallowed for Fabregas being offside when he wasn't.

The ref was awful but we didn't get all the big decisions go against us.

KippaxCitizen said:
de niro said:
you can buy any player, chose any formation to play any team but if the ref is a cheat you stand no chance.
If I was a Barça fan I'd be unhappy the perfectly good goal was disallowed for Fabregas being offside when he wasn't.

Brick wall mate. DN has said we have been cheated since the takeover, despite us netting 3 trophies since then.

Having slept on it and read the reactions on here I'm not surprised at the massive disappointment that comes across. We weren't robbed and in the main we played as well as we could. When it was 0 - 0 it looked like the team that made the first big mistake would suffer and we made it. The sending off seemed to lift us and suddenly Yaya who had been given the run around and couldn't make any impression started to play a bit and Nasri showed to be a much bigger threat than Navas. Couldn't really fault either Negredo or Dzeko as they had little in the way of quality service or support from midfield. The defence played well overall and Fernandiho was terrific and did the work of two men. We just didn't keep the ball well enough to hurt them when we had 11 men if anything we kept it better with 10.

Please Pellers give up on the idea that Yaya is a holding midfielder. Play him where he hurts the opposition. We weren't too far away and need to constantly remember how far we have come in a few years. Let's concentrate on dominating the home front for now and European success will come as we build over the next two to three years.

Finally keep quiet about how we are bigger than Utd and don't slag the referee. Let the football do the talking.

KippaxCitizen said:
de niro said:

You can even make an argument that the Clichy handball was a penalty as well although few complained over it...Ordinarily ball to hand shouldn't be a pk but in that scenario, he's turning away and his hand is away from his body - a good deal of the time, that's an easy call to make

I think most Barcelona fans might be annoyed that so many City fans are pointing to the ref instead of acknowledging what happened out there...We had more of the ball and you lot made more mistakes - that's it

Gutted to concede the 2nd, that has killed us in the tie.

Wasnt our best game, but we were solid until the penalty. Loved how we approached the game with 10 men, an equaliser wouldnt have been undeserved.

But that 2nd, argggghhhh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.