City vs Bayern Munich Post match Thread

Played like pellegrini stopped saying hi to the janitors or whatever reason there was for poor efforts last year.

I'm certainly not saying they're not good enough in anyway as they're clearly some of the most talented on earth but I'm not sure yaya , hart and dzeko are the right players for the way were allegedly trying to play.

@BluePhil8 said:
On another positive, that wanker Jerome was embarrassed by Negrado and then got a red card too. Fuck off you little weasel.

My only consolation tonight also.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Negatives wrong time to play two full backs who've missed so much game time...It showed Richards stood off for the first Clichy was asleep for the 2nd and AWOL for the 3rd.

Hart's "errors" are being over analysised though.

Positives Negredo showed he has the first touch and close control that Dzeko could only dream of Silva looked sharp despite being out.
Nothing wrong with the fullback changes. Clichy was very good, everything considered. Had that been Kolarov out there, Robben would have killed him, and he probably would have gotten a red out of frustration. Micah worked hard. Butfor the most part, they passed us into a comma.

daxman said:
grim up north said:
jellert said:
If you want to win a football match.. you need passion..desire... It was nowhere...

You also need the ball
Bayern didn't show any desire. They simply showed a level of professional expertise that we couldn.t match.
Of course, technically they're on a different planet to us. Tactically too at the moment. But they also showed masses of desire, not only to press and to (want to) work their bollocks off, but also to get on the ball and play, even under pressure. The lack of bravery on the part of our players - excluding the three subs - was mindblowing.

Lucky CSKA and Plzen are so shit we can't help ourselves but qualify this season...that performance tonight was shambolic. The lack of effort was disgraceful,yes we were playing a top team but ffs get in their faces a bit..give them something ANYTHING to think about!

Still don't know what to make of us this season. Genuinely haven't a clue. We've lost 3 games this season for three different reasons. We've been outfought by Cardiff, outclassed by Bayern and lost concentration against a piss-poor Villa team. Then we've battered Newcastle and absolutely bamboozled United. In between all of this, we've STILL not figured out how to beat Stoke. After 5 fucking years.

The fuck are we at the moment? Seriously? 'In progression...? In transit?'

Bayern are unreal. Give them that. However, the quality of the opposition is not an excuse for a lack of effort, poor decision making and yet more individual errors. MORE INDIVIDUAL ERRORS.

I think some of our players have got a bit too comfortable. They wanted Mancini out, he's gone. A bloke who won us the league was sacked because the players didn't want him. He's history now so I'm not fighting that battle. However, now they've got a manager who says, "good morning to them" every day, I think they are expecting an easy ride.

The winning 'mentality' still isn't there I'm afraid. There's a difference between a 'winning mentality' and being 'used to winning'. Some of our players lack aggression and lack that passion/real intensity and eagerness to win every ball and it showed tonight. Don't like to do this but compare that performance from our players to that of Celtic's last season against Barca. Sometimes you've just got to run your fucking balls off.

Mrmcfc said:
grim up north said:
Mrmcfc said:
Absolutely. Should have had 3 in midfield, i agree.
Doesn't change the fact that milner did more than him in 15 minutes.
He's world class when he has an age on the ball, but that isn't a luxury he has at this level.

Was that after Bayern had taken their foot of the gas and taken off their better players, and our manager decided to give our midfield a chance to compete by playing 5 against theirs
Yawn.
Always got an excuse for king yaya.

Not at all mate but Milner ffs

teddykgb said:
worsleyweb said:
Navas doesn't look great
Hart needs dropping
Richards - so so
Nasty - not good enough - cant defend
Clichy - weak
Ya ya - too slow
Fernadinio - bad buy
Dzecko - been average since day 1
Manager - boring

Considering we have spent millions in the summer are we any better???

To me it was cost cutting reducing the wage bill and our quality has dropped - Tevez and ballotelli Barry and de yong - class.

Very very worrying.

Tell me what's wrong??

Jesus. Many of you lack the toughness you claim our players also lack. This is a supremely embarrassing post in a sea full of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.