City vs Bayern Munich Post match Thread

sh249 said:
Train said:
sh249 said:
Of course, technically they're on a different planet to us. Tactically too at the moment. But they also showed masses of desire, not only to press and to (want to) work their bollocks off, but also to get on the ball and play, even under pressure. The lack of bravery on the part of our players - excluding the three subs - was mindblowing.

Bravery has nothing to do with it. lol. Heart, bravery, desire etc all mean nothing when your team is set up to lose against the most skillful and efficient team.
Course it does. If the Bayern players hadn't played with the desire to work and run and press we'd have had a far more comfortable evening. Sure he got the tactics wrong, but that doesn't excuse the lack of balls shown by our players - games like that, desire and bravery become arguably even more important than otherwise, and we were found to be painfully lacking.
Agreed. Celtic showed those qualities against Barca last night. Bayern had a total work ethic, we didn't. Besides that when you play the best team in Europe you need your best players out there. Leaving Silva on the bench was wrong. Also not starting with Alvaro.

paphos-mcfc said:
ZZmaestro said:
Well, curtains are falling.
Simply put, Munich and top tier CL teams are still no match for any PL team, yes i mean English Premier League fxxxxing teams, no contest at all.

First, their level of athletic feats and pace is beyond our reach.
Secondly, their players are globally worldclass material, it's far from being the case about us ( minus the likes of Vinnie and Yaya ).
Last but not least, Pep is ten time the tactical and men manager the likes of Pellers and Bob Mancini will ever be.

Last pin in the coffin, i'm affraid our late goal performance just happened while they subbed Schwensteiger and let their foot off the gas pedal, just like us against the scums at the 60min mark...

Still, tonight shines as a paradygm shift moment for us, many things to adress when it's still time to :

Joe, not good enough to lift us to the grouds we are shooting for, drop him or sign in some real competition for him.
2 men midfield: while it works in PL against law tier opposition, we get atrociously flooded against physical teams => play 3 men for life sake
2 strikers up front in CL : rubbish
Dzeko as a starter : doesn't do half the work Aguerro / Tevez were doing at tiering defenses, play him at 70' mark
We miss Silva big time, get match fit asap David, please.
We threw £100M,while Monaco and PSG bought .... Q U A L I T Y and L E T H A L weapons in the likes of Cavani and Falcao ,
which names will bring fear from the ones we signed lately, hum ?

A few things I'd agree with there, but sort your spelling out ffs. :)

Dude, when i'm wasted and emotional due to the verry trough being too hard to swall, my spelling is the last thing i'll care about.

Wow that was impressive from Bayern, even though we gifted them all 3 goals the result flattered us.

We were never in the game until Silva and Milner came on but then again by that stage the game was gone and they had gone down a couple of gears.

I could sit here picking holes in City all night starting with Hart who must surely pay a visit to Specsavers this weekend because for the umpteenth time this last couple of seasons has managed to get his hand/hands to the ball but they always seems 6 inches or so away from the centre of the bleedin thing.
Time for panty me thinks because we can't go on like this.
Nastacich too looked out of his depth tonight but given his age and the way Bayern slaughtered us in midfield he can be forgiven because it's games like this where he'll learn, taking a battering like that won't happen very often.

At times tonight Bayern were mesmorising, I thought Barcelona at their best were good at keeping the ball but this was something else, Having two full backs that haven't played for a month or so didn't help matters but I doubt any team in the world would have lived with Bayern tonight.
Sometimes you just have to doff your cap and admit we were beaten by a lot better team.

too many "off days"now by hart,nasty looking unsure of himself yaya loose,s interest to quickly,dezko lack of ball control and as for fernandinho!well there,s another story!

We're out of our depth. I think that's clear. We aren't good enough to play with them. Thankfully not many are. I'll accept being outplayed and just being beaten by a better team, but I won't accept lack of effort and lack of heart.

We were so beaten and so outplayed in every position on the pitch that at one point I was thinking something like this was going to be our only solution for the rest of the game..

BVQ60jLCcAANSth.jpg

[bigimg]http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/nashrocket.gif[/bigimg]

Disappointing performance again tonight, I feel a twat saying some things so soon after but the same things keep coming into my head whenever we don't get a result.

1. Joe. I love him and have been among his strongest defenders when pricks have knocked him left right and centre , often when he isn't even at fault. However even I feel he needs dropping. Not for a rest, more a reminder. I rate Costel and I know Joe will come good and be City's and Englands for the next decade but maybe he needs protecting from his own hype.

2. Defending. Many said our failings last year was our suspect defence, this being despite us having the lowest figure in the goals against column. Wasn't the expectation that with Mancini gone, Zonal system jettisoned , we could expect a marked imrovement. Ok a period of adjustment is to be expected but these are very good players, many of whom seemed uncomfortable zonal. I think we really should be expecting more from them. Previous posters are trying to single specific players out but that is unfair, they are all Komps included not performing to expectations.

3. MP, I will admit I didn't want RM out. whether this was through the belief continuity breeds success, sentimentality cos he won the title with us, or just cos he wore an appropriately coloured scarf and had nice hair I dunno. When he did go however I didn't exactly lock myself in a darkened room and sob uncontrollably. I felt MP was probably a sound replacement, indications did seem he was better equipped to take us forward on the continent. Why then did he leave it till 70+ minutes when we were 3-0 down to make the changes even Clive fucking Tyldesley could see needed making. I said also in the wake of the Villa result 1 point from 9 in games against weak opposition is not a good return. Dunno what the answer is, certainly ain't the sack but needs to look long and hard at tonight in particular. when he did make those changes, even before thay had jb sent off we went from being overrun to competitive in the blink of an eye.

4. Dzeko, do I need to even mention the name of a recently acquired spanish international?

grim up north said:
Mrmcfc said:
grim up north said:
Not at all mate but Milner ffs
If tonight's roles were reversed and milner played the way yaya did, whilst yaya came on and did what milner did, i'm certain your outlook would be very different from what it is now and you'd take no issue slagging milner off.

Not in the slightest mate YaYa is a footballer Milner is not it's really that simple, if YaYa is shit I will say so but tonight our CM were stiched up by the coaching staff
Milner isn't a footballer?
You're off your rocker you mate.
It's pointless even debating with you when you obviously have such an incredible man crush on yaya.

super_city_si said:
I fancy us to take em in Munich!!! :)

Crazy but true; I hope we we will learn from this and become a better team..

Manuel set out an attacking line up aiming to win the game, this is a Spanish trait, in Spain teams rarely set up for a draw even when playing the 'super clubs' because the overriding philosophy is that one win is worth three draws and that if you set out to park the bus teams like Barca/Real inevitably find a way to unpick you.

Personally I prefer this approach even if we lose the occasional game i.e. Villa away, because we are susceptible to a long punt. I think that given time this is where Pello's approach will differ from Bobby Manc's more Italianate view, In the long term I think it will make us better to watch and more rewarding to support.

True we got it wrong tonight and we did look better when Silva came on, we should have changed earlier but would that really have made the difference.

Finally and sadly I agree with Joe Hart's critics, for the first time tonight I thought he definitely affected the team's confidence.

completely outclassed, our tactics were appalling and we were lucky to only lose 3-1, At least silva and negrado looked good when they came on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.