City vs Bayern Munich Post match Thread

No reason to panic. We were outplayed for sure, but I actually think it would have been a VERY different game had Hart stopped that relatively easy Ribery goal early on. The opening stages were likely to set the tone for the match and you literally felt everything deflate at that moment. It's hard to play with confidence from the back when your goalkeeper is letting in pea shooter shots left right and centre; Hart was the platform Bayern built from.

It's all well and good blaming Pellegrini and saying that we should have played 5 in midfield, but 4-4-2 is the formation that clicked against Manchester United, did we really want to make a last minute change in formation in order to try and beat the European Champions at their own game? And mid-game, chasing goals, would it have really made a difference sacrificing a striker to bring in a player whose job Aguero was supposed to be doing anyway?

Plzen are a Champions League comedy side, CSKA only just scraped past them at home today, we'll qualify for the knockout rounds whatever happens and by the time of the knockout matches themselves hopefully Hart and the rest of the team will have built up some consistency.

Every now and again you just have to hold your hands up and say,not only were we beaten by a better team,but a far superior team,in every position.
I have not seen a City midfield so over-run and practically chasing shadows for a while,so for me,although disappointed,I`m just glad that it only ended up 1-3,as lets be honest,this could have been a fucking big tonking big style.
Well done Bayern on a football lesson.

HazeM3 said:
Mrmcfc said:
HazeM3 said:
Because he helped you win the title? Because his goals of the bench last season gave this team chance to play in CL this year? Because he was your best forward in the preseason?? Because Negredo still need to prove himself?
done enough to prove himself for me,

Thats why you would never be a coach. Thank god.
you're embarrassing.
He hammered the rags single handedly, scored 3 in 3 (technically) at the start of the season and caused more problems tonight than aguero and dzeko did combined.

You're clueless mate.

Bluemoonie92 said:
Zlatan said:
NAVAS is biggest mistake of this club. HE will fucked up a few twice a players he never will be :)
He is not good enough to be elite winger and never will be. so his production of good pases to the box will be limited. In defence he is shit. ( today goals ) And he is talking always a place of one or two much better players than him ( Silva, Jovetic ) today. A LOSE/LOSE SITUATION. The sooner you people realise that ( and give him A. Johnson role ) the better. And yes this few chances he menaged to create he chose who he will pass the ball, instead of who is in best position.

Oh just fuck off

True this is a F'king Clown

Joycee Banercheck said:
We won't play a team as good as Bayern until we play them away. All three of their goals were down to errors we made. But they played us off the park for near enough the entirety of the match. Should have stuck another midfielder on earlier, but hey ho.

thats only about 8 weeks away mate, GULP ;)

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I'm afraid Pellegrini got this horribly, totally wrong. Allowing Bayern an extra man in midfield was always courting absolute disaster. Doing nothing at all about it was completely clueless. Admittedly Joe sent out an invitation after 7minutes to them to play the game they love , but the only response of the manager was to look at his watch to see how much longer the agony was to last! Agreed Bayern are a great side , and City gift wrapped all three goals, but this is the manager brought in to improve our performances in Europe. We may be lucky that we are in a group with Plzen and Moscow, but Mancini never presided over an abject shambles such as this.

You dont remember how widely our arseholes were gaped by Dortmund at home last year then?

They absolutely Stella'd us that night.

Tonight is nothing new against the real big dogs in europe.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
we'll qualify for the knockout rounds whatever happens

Now then .. where have i heard that line before ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.