City vs Bayern Munich Post match Thread

bayern blade said:
[quote="cibaman"]The trip to Russia is starting to look ominously make or break. CSKA aren't a great side, just one of those workmanlike teams that we often seem to struggle against. We should get a result there, but we should have won in Ajax, got a result in Napoli. We did well against Plzen, but against a poor team, just like Villareal.

I think it will be 2-1, just dont know which team will get the 2.

Firstly well done. That was simply the best performance of any team at City I have ever seen. Awesome.

You're quite right about CSKA, our results against them, as well as your's, will define our position.

I've already booked for the Munich away game, staying in Austria and getting the train in. Went last time and loved the city and the warmth of Bayern fans towards us. Can't wait for the return trip. Hope we don't need a result though!!

I've had a day to calm down and think about it and most of what I think has already been said but i'll say it anyway (it's called venting!).

Firstly, when I saw the team selection I knew it wasn't going to be good, we were playing 2 strikers and then Nasri and Navas in midfield against the best side in Europe. It was ridiculous, we needed Milner in the midfield with Toure and Fernandinho from the start and only Aguero on his own up front if we wanted to play Nasri and Navas.

Next up there was the complete lack of composure and shape. We were all over the place, Clichy had the worst game i've ever seen him play, granted he was up against Robben but still he got torn apart. We could have and should been about 6-0 down by half time, we really were well and truly annihilated all over the park.

Then there's the subs. Can someone tell me why when we are being so clearly relentlessly overrun in midfield that Pellegrini would decide to take off Dzeko and replace him with another striker... what is the point in that? It didn't solve anything and the pummeling continued. It only stopped when they made a few subs near the end.

Finally, lets end on some positives. Milner, Silva and Negredo were all excellent when they came on, Negredo's goal was from the top drawer. Hopefully the team that finished that game will be the team that starts the next game!

...and lets face it, it was Bayern. I'm sure everyone would have been happy with a draw yesterday. Our aim is to get out of the group stages this year, we have no chance of beating the likes of Bayern or Madrid yet.

ballinio said:
East Level 2 said:
Having calmed down we can now be positive:
If we assume BM will beat CSKA in Moscow and everybody will beat VP, then our route to qualification is simply to beat CSKA in the head to head games. A win and a defeat will do us if we win by more than we lose. The margins by which either side beats VP will be irrelevant if we beat CSKA in the head to head games. Obviously a win in Moscow will really set us on our way but my positivity isn't running high enough to suggest that yet.
do you realy believe we can do this with Pellegrini in charge ?
Yes; having seen the goals from the CSKA v Plzen game. And seen the derby.
I can't believe MP will allow anything like that to recur. Perhaps I'm getting too happy-clappy.
I reserve the right to claim a temporary loss of sanity while making the above post should I feel the need to question MP's team selection and tactics on Saturday afternoon.

Pellegrini's biggest mistake was thinking we were good enough to slug it out toe to toe with Bayern.It was like a lightweight boxer in the ring with a heavyweight,we got battered all over the place.He should have packed the midfield and left just Aguro up front and hope we could frustrate and contain them and hit them on the break or from a set piece.

For a supposed top international coach to not forsee this before the game is stupid,to not change it after the first few minutes when it was obvious to everybody in the stadium we were getting swamped is bloody criminal!

This is the system that saw Cardiff and bloody Villa score three goals against us,what did he think fucking Bayern would do facing the same system?Exactly what they did,overran us and it could have been ten.

paulchapo said:
Pellegrini's biggest mistake was thinking we were good enough to slug it out toe to toe with Bayern.It was like a lightweight boxer in the ring with a heavyweight,we got battered all over the place.He should have packed the midfield and left just Aguro up front and hope we could frustrate and contain them and hit them on the break or from a set piece.

For a supposed top international coach to not forsee this before the game is stupid,to not change it after the first few minutes when it was obvious to everybody in the stadium we were getting swamped is bloody criminal!

This is the system that saw Cardiff and bloody Villa score three goals against us,what did he think fucking Bayern would do facing the same system?Exactly what they did,overran us and it could have been ten.

It turns out the team that won the tournament we went out bottom of the group in are better than us.

I'm glad we've cleared that up now and Pellegrini can keep on "learning".

NQCitizen said:
paulchapo said:

It turns out the team that won the tournament we went out bottom of the group in are better than us.

And that statement means absolutely fuck all.Did we think we were better than Bayern or could outplay them on their terms?No.Could we draw or beat them if we had applied the right tactics from the off and not conceeded three preventable goals?Possibly.

My point was a coach of sixty years of age with a proven track record in the champions league got it horribly wrong,in spite of watching poor teams such as Cardiff and Villa score three goals against applying a similar formation and tactics.So he then plays the same way against arguably the best team in the world right now.Stupidity and insanity.

paulchapo said:
NQCitizen said:
paulchapo said:

And that statement means absolutely fuck all.Did we think we were better than Bayern or could outplay them on their terms?No.Could we draw or beat them if we had applied the right tactics from the off and not conceeded three preventable goals?Possibly.

My point was a coach of sixty years of age with a proven track record in the champions league got it horribly wrong,in spite of watching poor teams such as Cardiff and Villa score three goals against applying a similar formation and tactics.So he then plays the same way against arguably the best team in the world right now.Stupidity and insanity.

If it didn't come across I was being heavily sarcastic. I completely agree with you.

The players are arrogant and the manager is so far beyond deluded.

So bored of reading "we'll improve" and "his teams always start slowly"

It doesn't matter if Villareal, Real and Malaga all started slowly - they all won nothing after their seemingly miraculous improvement.

NQCitizen said:
paulchapo said:
NQCitizen said:

If it didn't come across I was being heavily sarcastic. I completely agree with you.

It doesn't matter if Villareal, Real and Malaga all started slowly - they all won nothing after their seemingly miraculous improvement.

Sorry i misunderstood.The manager showed a remarkable amount of stupidity considering his experiance and supposed knowledge of European football.The players were hung out to dry by the tactics but one or two didn't help themselves by individual mistakes.Throwing Richards and Clichy straight back in after lomg periods out injured against such quality opposition was also insane.

I pray i am proved wrong but the guy looks totally out of his depth and with nice managers players become complacent and lazy because like all workers with a soft boss they know they can get away with it.He has spent 90 million on new talent and is being paid mega bucks to achieve.He better fucking start earning it or the owners will have him out of the door quicker than Hughes.

paulchapo said:
NQCitizen said:
paulchapo said:

Sorry i misunderstood.The manager showed a remarkable amount of stupidity considering his experiance and supposed knowledge of European football.The players were hung out to dry by the tactics but one or two didn't help themselves by individual mistakes.Throwing Richards and Clichy straight back in after lomg periods out injured against such quality opposition was also insane.

I pray i am proved wrong but the guy looks totally out of his depth and with nice managers players become complacent and lazy because like all workers with a soft boss they know they can get away with it.He has spent 90 million on new talent and is being paid mega bucks to achieve.He better fucking start earning it or the owners will have him out of the door quicker than Hughes.

And to cap it all the most talented player we bought is enjoying 10 minute cameos despite being potentially the dynamic and creative solution to needing (/ blindly forcing in) a second striker.

Our key players all seem to have lost confidence under Pellegrini, far from the joyous coup over Mancini we look as disinterested as ever but without the tactical nous to not get torn open by the likes of Villa.

NQCitizen said:
paulchapo said:
NQCitizen said:

And to cap it all the most talented player we bought is enjoying 10 minute cameos despite being potentially the dynamic and creative solution to needing (/ blindly forcing in) a second striker.

Our key players all seem to have lost confidence under Pellegrini, far from the joyous coup over Mancini we look as disinterested as ever but without the tactical nous to not get torn open by the likes of Villa.

Agreed.It was only a joyous coup by some mard arsed players who couldn't stand a few home truths and hard work.Most of the fans saw he had built a strong club and with a couple of quality players could have taken us onto the next level.

On the whole we have been piss poor this season so far and the joy of beating a poor rag side and the pub team Pitzen delayed the discontent that is now starting to rumble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.