City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

a9be69435a9179e9ab5b176911f2a43a.jpg

That's capped off a great night, hardly got a voice left!!!

Aguero is just unbelievable. Stupendous even.

Another great come-back, but I have to say 'what a great team Bayern are! I have never seen better pressing in all my long years, and I saw my first City match in 1953! Aguero is the best striker I have ever seen in a sky blue jersey - the coolest finisher ever.
However, we have many lessons to learn from this great Munich side = pressing; accuracy and speed of pass, intelligent covering and running for space when in possession. Roll on Rome

jimharri said:
tommybooth said:
white dog poo said:
If Munich beat CSKA and then any score draw in Rome will see us through with a better goal difference than Roma.

I think it goes on head to head.
Right. As far as I am aware....

In the CL, when teams finish level on points, the final positions are then decided on the ''head to head'' record between the two sides. So, in our situation, if we draw in Rome, we would be level on points with Roma and also level on the head to head (a draw in each game). Then it would go to the scores in those two draws. So a 0-0 would see us go out as it would be ''worse'' than the 1-1 at the Etihad. A 2-2 (or higher) would see us go through. If it was to finish 1-1, then (I think) it goes to the GD in the whole group stage. We'd be in the driving seat then, due to the 7-1 drubbing the Italians suffered against Bayern.

Fuck, my head hurts.
Just checked the tiebreaker rules again and you're spot on. However (grab the Advil) that's assuming Bayern beat CSKA... If that game's also a draw, then the goal difference tiebreaker covers all games between us, Roma, and CSKA as we'd all be on 6 points. That would put Roma through whatever the score of our game, because of their big win over CSKA - they'd have +4, we'd have -1, and CSKA would have -3. It would also mean we'd have the pleasure of playing in the Europa League...

TangerineSteve17 said:
So a draw might be enough in Rome now. If Bayern don't lose to CSKA.

It's a dangerous thought. I want City to play for the win in Italy.

Has to be 2-2 or more mate. We shoudl go looking for a win and nothing but a win. Lets just hope we have our way and turn up like we did today.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Citizen in Pakistan said:
We were awful tbh up untill 85 mins it felt like we had a man less and only for aguero brilliance we got the win but the performance tonight left a lot to be desired for most parts ,Anyhw a win is a win
And no matter how bad we might be in Europe its 3-3 with bayern in cl :)

1/3 - rag
5/2 - forgotten to take his meds
8/1 - fell asleep after 10 minutes and woke up after 92

Place your bets

Wow
First half stats
Bayern 2-1
Possession 65-35
And with 10 men

Second half
Hardly a chance created apart from lampard effort and navas one ,and still overall possession
Bayern 56 city 44

And goals came from mistakes rather than chances created ,so I'm not sure if I was watching a different game or I'm a rag or I forgot my meds but certainly ain't blind

As Corporal Jones said" they don't like it up them!" They certainly did not in the bar I was in!!!! Serious noise at 1-2 serious quiet at 3-2! Get in !!!!!!
Serge you are a hero!!!!!
Luv it luv it luv it!!!!

Exeter Blue I am here said:
We were awful tbh up untill 85 mins it felt like we had a man less and only for aguero brilliance we got the win but the performance tonight left a lot to be desired for most parts ,Anyhw a win is a win
And no matter how bad we might be in Europe its 3-3 with bayern in cl :)

1/3 - rag
5/2 - forgotten to take his meds
8/1 - fell asleep after 10 minutes and woke up after 92

Place your bets

Wow
First half stats
Bayern 2-1
Possession 65-35
And with 10 men

Second half
Hardly a chance created apart from lampard effort and navas one ,and still overall possession
Bayern 56 city 44

And goals came from mistakes rather than chances created ,so I'm not sure if I was watching a different game or I'm a rag or I forgot my meds but certainly ain't blind

If you are going to quote possession in a Guardiola game its not going to help. Neuer is like an outfield player for them and I thought we contained them immensely well even if it would have 1-2. This isn't Swasea City or West Ham mate.

Every goal comes from someones mistake.

Would be glad to hear what Bayern did of any note.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.