City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

I thought Clichy had a good game, made some very good interceptions and started quite a few attacks.

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
We'll lose to Roma. :)

No that was brilliant. We're so blessed to have Kun.

I thought it was an excellent performance. Bayern are such a good side and every one of our players stood up tonight. The two goals aside we were excellent defensively.

Special mention for Mangala. He's going to be a world class defender for years to come.

Bayern are exceptional at times but not infallible, as they proved tonight. They showed us at times where we need to go in terms of progression; especially when it comes to winning the ball back quickly and to playing out from the back when pressured but, overall, they were not far ahead of us in the pass completion stats; also, we did do some very good pressing at times and forced them into some errors.

Obviously they were a man down for most of the match but they are so good that it was not a huge advantage.

Thought we played very well tonight, one man advantage or not, and bar the opening 10 minutes when they pissed all over us, I thought we were the more threatening team. Couldn't fault anyone, and even the ref was half decent! I'm certainly amazed to see one or two people claiming we weren't up to much and reliant on Bayern errors for the win. One or two whiners need to take stock of what we've got. A fucking good team that plays fucking good football more often than not, and one capable of mixing it with the best sides on the planet.

We were awful tbh up untill 85 mins it felt like we had a man less and only for aguero brilliance we got the win but the performance tonight left a lot to be desired for most parts ,Anyhw a win is a win
And no matter how bad we might be in Europe its 3-3 with bayern in cl :)

Few points:

1) Firstly, for the second game running, the crowd were very good at least from my perspective of watching the game on the box. It's nice to see!

2) Fuck you Boateng. He's a little prick, so good to see him fuck up.

3) Joleon Lescott, I thought, held himself well on ITV.

4) City have big, big problems. This result shouldn't detract from that, but nor should we not celebrate in the mettle that the players showed to win the game - or should I say Lampard and Aguero who were miles ahead of all others. Pellegrini needs to start sorting these problems out soon otherwise things could start to turn sour for him.

5) What a player Aguero is.

6) Great to see the little fella give it a go in the interview in English. He's extremely low maintenance for such a big player.

stony said:
I thought Clichy had a good game, made some very good interceptions and started quite a few attacks.

This and the Derby have been standout games. He is the epitome of hot and cold.

Navas, Clichy and Aguero (motm) were standouts for us. Boateng really impressed me for Bayern, solid all night except for that final goal (that's the blue in him :)).

Citizen in Pakistan said:
We were awful tbh up untill 85 mins it felt like we had a man less and only for aguero brilliance we got the win but the performance tonight left a lot to be desired for most parts ,Anyhw a win is a win
And no matter how bad we might be in Europe its 3-3 with bayern in cl :)

You must have been watching a different game to me, because I thought for much of the game we played quite well, we pressed well and had a bit of fight, Bayern are a top team whoever they have playing for them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.