City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

Here we go again ! ITV News, Serge gets pen, Munich down to ten men, go 2-1 down to said ten men, struggle, but due to a mstake at the end of the game when most of the City fans had made their way home went to 2-2, after another mistake deep, deep, deep deep deep into injury time made it 3-2 !

Even though Sagna's been getting stick I thought he did quite well. Infact everyone bar Hart had a great game.
Not sure if it was Mangala or Pique.

To look at tonight's result dispassionately (not easy!), doesn't it just make you think how bloody annoying those two results against CSKA were. 1 frigging point against them. How did we manage to fuck up so badly against such an, let's face it, ordinary side?

Bayern were far superior in the quality stakes,even with 10 men......however we matched them for effort and we got our reward,a great result which made me proud of all the lads.

ITV are a fucking disgrace,Scholes and Chiles couldn't have displayed a greater hatred for us......well...unlucky you pair of bitter pricks,it wasn't quite the night you hoped for.

Serge you little beaut...you just dug us out of an immense shit hole and shoved a lot of copy down a lot of journo's throats. Different level - hell different planet right now.

And just maybe that one single performance by Sergio has not only rescued our CL this year but our whole season as we surely must build on this and carry it into the PL as well. Big game. Big result and possibly the result that puts a lot of mental demons to rest in the CL.

Citizen in Pakistan said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Citizen in Pakistan said:
We were awful tbh up untill 85 mins it felt like we had a man less and only for aguero brilliance we got the win but the performance tonight left a lot to be desired for most parts ,Anyhw a win is a win
And no matter how bad we might be in Europe its 3-3 with bayern in cl :)

1/3 - rag
5/2 - forgotten to take his meds
8/1 - fell asleep after 10 minutes and woke up after 92

Place your bets

Wow
First half stats
Bayern 2-1
Possession 65-35
And with 10 men

Second half
Hardly a chance created apart from lampard effort and navas one ,and still overall possession
Bayern 56 city 44

And goals came from mistakes rather than chances created ,so I'm not sure if I was watching a different game or I'm a rag or I forgot my meds but certainly ain't blind

posesseion aside....a much more balanced view of the game would be:
1) Bayern started well - especially with that shot on Hart
2) City got back - kept them at bay and countered
3) Aguero penalty followed from that - although bayern controlled the game they werent a threat
4) much better than bayern till the free kick - I remember couple of good crosses in the box but no one was there
5) from the moment we conceded we were poor till the end of the first half
6) in second half it was a game of attrition mostly till Kun turned it around

I dont think we played as bad as you made out in the 1st post

Well well well.

Firstly I have to say Bayern are a fucking incredible side. With 10 men, away, in a game they didn't need a bean from, they were still the better side quality wise. This wth several of their main heads missing.

On to us, I said in the pre-match thread I liked the personnel and formation as it made us look 'soild' and gave us numbers in midfield. This transpired in the game and we were able to compete well in the central area. Had we had Yaya and Fernandinho there's little doubt we wouldn't have gone 442 and been handed our arses. Certainly gives MP something to think about going forward.

Thought we should immense 'fight' and real desire. We applied ourselves and stuck doggedly to the task. I'm extremely proud of that and shows me these lads do want it.

I thought every single player had a very good game but I was especially impressed and pleased with Mangala and Clichy, both were fucking excellent.

Aguero is clearly an absolute god and is really adding that ruthlessness to his game by bumming anyone who shows hi even the slightest glimpse of arse cheek.

I have to say though, amongst all those very good performances, my MOTM was undoubtedly Lampard. He was collosal and his football brain is fantastic. Those who argued on the Lampard thread that he is anything but quality should be thoroughly embarassed. What a player. Great business by City.

On a side note did anyone get on Scholes' arrogantly smug as fuck face at half time?. He looked on the verge of laughing himself to death with his little smirk and words of fucing wisdom. I was buzzing to see how gutted he was at the end. The disgusting little rag fuck.

BTW - everybody does realise that we'llnow do Roma but Bayern will let CSKA do them dont they? ;)

That was bloody amazing! Pissed on the tram. No idea where it is going. In work at 7. Love Sergio. Great food in the mancunian suite. Come on city!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.