City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
We'll lose to Roma. :)

No that was brilliant. We're so blessed to have Kun.

I thought it was an excellent performance. Bayern are such a good side and every one of our players stood up tonight. The two goals aside we were excellent defensively.

Special mention for Mangala. He's going to be a world class defender for years to come.

Bayern are exceptional at times but not infallible, as they proved tonight. They showed us at times where we need to go in terms of progression; especially when it comes to winning the ball back quickly and to playing out from the back when pressured but, overall, they were not far ahead of us in the pass completion stats; also, we did do some very good pressing at times and forced them into some errors.

Obviously they were a man down for most of the match but they are so good that it was not a huge advantage.

Thought we played very well tonight, one man advantage or not, and bar the opening 10 minutes when they pissed all over us, I thought we were the more threatening team. Couldn't fault anyone, and even the ref was half decent! I'm certainly amazed to see one or two people claiming we weren't up to much and reliant on Bayern errors for the win. One or two whiners need to take stock of what we've got. A fucking good team that plays fucking good football more often than not, and one capable of mixing it with the best sides on the planet.

We were playing one of the very few teams that start a game as favourites to beat us. They were going to be tough to eat even with ten men and the suggestions I have seen from some that we played a poor game - I've seen the word awful used - are wide of the mark. Technically we matched our opponents in many respects and had a lot of good things in our game.

On an ordinary day, they would be dream balls for any world class striker to took away, but, the psychological challenge of putting these balls away was immense! This was no ordinary day. And he did it 3 times!!! He's a special one

For full sake there are some miserable c**ts on here we have just beat perhaps the best team in the world and some still feel the need to gripe. You don't have to win every game in a 5-0 with 20 shots and 70% possession , how many time have we played well and got fuck all

We worked hard and Kun Agüero is a living God! But I'll tell you what, we did not play well.

At times it looked like we'd had the man sent off and Bayern had brought a twelfth man on. And we went the first 19 minutes of the second half before we even had a shot in the half.

But as I say we did work hard and we forced mistakes from their two poorer players at the back and we march on.

Get in there Segio lad, get in there! Haha :D

There were a full row of Bayern fans behind me. In our own home stand. They all jumped up cheering the Bayern goals and annoyed the fuck out of everyone. One bloke was taking the piss out of a few lads.

I didn't think Bayern were that good. We were below par as per usual in Europe but this time we had an excuse missing all our creative players

Navas was our cutting edge all night along with Aguero of course

Some good play from Mangala. But I heard some people say that he was at fault for Lewandowski's goal

Still in shock, what an amazing night.

If we were to draw 1-1 in Rome, what would the goal difference be like? I know some of you have pointed to the 7-1 result but didn't Roma hammer CSKA in the first round of games to sort of narrow that down?

For fucks sake there are some miserable twats on here, we have just beat perhaps the best team in the world and cos we didn't do it with 70% possession and 20 shots their not happy

KippaxCitizen said:
We worked hard and Kun Agüero is a living God! But I'll tell you what, we did not play well.

At times it looked like we'd had the man sent off and Bayern had brought a twelfth man on. And we went the first 19 minutes of the second half before we even had a shot in the half.

But as I say we did work hard and we forced mistakes from their two poorer players at the back and we march on.

Get in there Segio lad, get in there! Haha :D

There were a full row of Bayern fans behind me. In our own home stand. They all jumped up cheering the Bayern goals and annoyed the fuck out of everyone. One bloke was taking the piss out of a few lads.

They were excellent. Them, Barca and Real are way ahead but the others are all beatable. Sometimes you need a bit of luck to win cups and we might yet get some.

For once the ref was pretty good tonight bar only adding on 3 mins which actually ended up backfiring on them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.