City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

Re: If the pen hadn't been given...

oakiecokie said:
Innsbruckblue said:
Do you all really think that ref had a good game?
Lewandowski's 'foul' for their first goal was the most blatant dive I've seen in ages.
Not to mention plenty of other decisions.
I was shocked that the ref actually applied the law for Agüero's penalty, and then thought we might have a decent ref.
However, it was the usual decisions later in the game. A Villa fan watching with me even couldn't believe some of the decisions.

Yes I did think the ref had a good game and was one of the best we have had over the years in this competition.Anyone who thinks that any ref should get 100% correct decisions needs to wake up.He was far better than most PL refs I`ve seen of late.

Haha, brilliant! Thanks for clearing that one up. I had no idea I was so naive to think that every ref should get 100% of the decisions correct. Of course I don't. What I do expect is every ref to be fair, and not to be consistently conned by diving and cheating. A ref who will not give the opposition free kicks when our player has cleanly won the ball (see Clichy's booking, Ribery's dive, Lewandowski's dive, etc.).
The fact that grown men, who've been watching football for years, can be duped into thinking the ref had a good game because (1) he gave us a penalty and (2) he was 'better' than most PL refs of late....amazes me. Would you have still said that had we failed to win the game?
He may have been better than others we've had lately, but he still had a bad game.

bondsman said:
A ten man Bayern would win the premier league? They out played is with ten but that was one of our performances in Europe?

Some ridiculous comments on here. We went 1-0 up against ten and then they took the piss for 75 mins in a game they didn't even need to win. Aguero saved us single handedly. Yet again big questions have to be asked. What were those substitutions? Had Bayern not made two defensive errors that would have been humiliating last night.

If City had not made two defensive errors it would have been a 1-0 win.

I can't actually recall Ribery, Robben and Lewandowski having that many chances.

mad zab said:
west didsblue said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
file.jpg
He gave the ball away in a dangerous position early on and I thought he didn't look that good for the first 20 mins or so but he improved for the rest of the game. Perhaps 6 is a bit harsh.

What!!

He did one foul that led to a free kick and our great fucking goalkeeper just stood and watched it roll in!

He was actually our best defender up to then.
IMO bar serge best player on the pitch .
And on a side note thebayern defender that was sent off was the one the choice was between him and mangala

bondsman said:
A ten man Bayern would win the premier league? They out played is with ten but that was one of our performances in Europe?

Some ridiculous comments on here. We went 1-0 up against ten and then they took the piss for 75 mins in a game they didn't even need to win. Aguero saved us single handedly. Yet again big questions have to be asked. What were those substitutions? Had Bayern not made two defensive errors that would have been humiliating last night.
Disagree bondsman, in reality we earned the 1-0 position against 11 men. The goal was only delayed by the punishment for their 'cheating'.
After that we looked in control for the rest of the half and could have capitalised. Bayern had another purple patch for last 5 of half due to the stupid wall mistake and us then being phased by it.

Second half we simply contained them enough to be able to fashion our own chances. Th3y were few and far between for the most part, but we did have them (found myself screaming for a couple of early balls one from Navas whivh he hit at the man after waiting too long, and one on the left which would have curved right in to Serg on his own in the middle, but this time hesitation meant it was turned inside).

As the game wore on we began to see more opportunites open as they tired and panicked a little (Neuer's clearance to touch, anyone?)

bondsman said:

Some of the we were great comments are clearly OTT because we weren't for much of the match. However, Bayern whilst enjoying loads of possession and playing very well, didn't create anything at all 2nd half.

The thing that struck me about us was that we never gave up and it came good in the end. On play alone, we probably didn't deserve to win but there have been games where we have played worse and won so it does even itself out.

When you consider we had two of our most influential players out it was a good effort to get the win against a side who lets face it are much better than us currently.

I was disappointed with a few performances. For me Nasri didn't do enough, Milner was below par and Hart had a poor night but on a night when we beat one of the best teams in the world at home in a game that actually did matter to us, there cant be too much cause for complaint.

Re: If the pen hadn't been given...

Innsbruckblue said:
oakiecokie said:
Innsbruckblue said:
Do you all really think that ref had a good game?
Lewandowski's 'foul' for their first goal was the most blatant dive I've seen in ages.
Not to mention plenty of other decisions.
I was shocked that the ref actually applied the law for Agüero's penalty, and then thought we might have a decent ref.
However, it was the usual decisions later in the game. A Villa fan watching with me even couldn't believe some of the decisions.

Yes I did think the ref had a good game and was one of the best we have had over the years in this competition.Anyone who thinks that any ref should get 100% correct decisions needs to wake up.He was far better than most PL refs I`ve seen of late.

Haha, brilliant! Thanks for clearing that one up. I had no idea I was so naive to think that every ref should get 100% of the decisions correct. Of course I don't. What I do expect is every ref to be fair, and not to be consistently conned by diving and cheating. A ref who will not give the opposition free kicks when our player has cleanly won the ball (see Clichy's booking, Ribery's dive, Lewandowski's dive, etc.).
The fact that grown men, who've been watching football for years, can be duped into thinking the ref had a good game because (1) he gave us a penalty and (2) he was 'better' than most PL refs of late....amazes me. Would you have still said that had we failed to win the game?
He may have been better than others we've had lately, but he still had a bad game.

I have to disagree. I thought he had a good game. A ref will never be perfect but he wasn't bad.

bondsman said:

I agree that the win papered over the cracks, although I think it was a better performance from us compared with some of the dross witnessed in previous CL games.

The big question is why are Bayern obviously so much better than us, and the answer for me is the manager and coaching staff. Some of our players look comfortable at this level, but some plainly don't and that for me is as much about the manager as the player. Bayern are making even the less talented players more effective, To a man, they are all confident on the ball, they constantly move into space and they pass to feet. The player receiving the ball has more time and space and then he too can pass to feet. The whole is much greater than the sum of the parts.

With us, it's all a bit rushed. The ball is too often hoofed in the general direction of another City player, rather than passed crisply to feet or into the receiving players' path. He then has a millisecond to control and pass the ball before he's tackled and possession is lost. Those players of ours with lightning fast footballing brains and excellent control just about cope, but the rest struggle. It's not because they aren't good enough though, it's down to how we play.

Lampard's presence was very settling.

Mangala is crackers!

Aguero is god.

Sagna surprised me.

Silva in for Nasri, Fernandinho in for Fernando. That's our XI for Rome.

shemnel said:

Mangala is crackers!

Aguero is god.

Sagna surprised me.

Would you really drop Fernando? I thought he was excellent last night.

Chippy_boy said:
shemnel said:

Mangala is crackers!

Aguero is god.

Sagna surprised me.

Would you really drop Fernando? I thought he was excellent last night.

Yeah, i agree he had a good game, but i would prefer Fernandinho's harrying in an away game. Though to be honest it could come down to performances and form pre-rome as there's not a lot in it between the two of them. Id happily have either, but the one who is in the best form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.