City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

No nit-picking from me. We beat an elite footballing side and now have a decent chance of qualifying.

I've got a feeling the gentleman on the top right of our screens might take some shifting.

stonerblue said:
Brilliant night all round for me. Apart from a fantastic game i had Aguero for a hat-trick and Bayern Half time City full.

UP THE BLUES.

My biggest regret is that last Friday i went looking for odds on us to win all three games (Swansea/Bayern/Southampton) - even though i've never really been a betting man. I had a feeling anyway and found the odds, decided to go big with 100 euros on it, then got sidetracked and completely forgot!

Then again we probably wouldn't have won if I'd put that bet on...

Mister Appointment said:
stonerblue said:
Brilliant night all round for me. Apart from a fantastic game i had Aguero for a hat-trick and Bayern Half time City full.

UP THE BLUES.

My biggest regret is that last Friday i went looking for odds on us to win all three games (Swansea/Bayern/Southampton) - even though i've never really been a betting man. I had a feeling anyway and found the odds, decided to go big with 100 euros on it, then got sidetracked and completely forgot!

Then again we probably wouldn't have won if I'd put that bet on...

That's usually how it works for me too.

Fantastic game, deserved the result. We play at a faster pace without Yaya and in some games I'm glad he doesn't feature. I am sure he'll be picked against Roma, I just hope Manuel puts Milner in the middle again if that's the case.

Watching the Alonso goal again just got me thinking of it could have been disallowed because Dante was blocking Hart vision and moved at the very end ?

bondsman said:
A ten man Bayern would win the premier league? They out played is with ten but that was one of our performances in Europe?

Some ridiculous comments on here. We went 1-0 up against ten and then they took the piss for 75 mins in a game they didn't even need to win. Aguero saved us single handedly. Yet again big questions have to be asked. What were those substitutions? Had Bayern not made two defensive errors that would have been humiliating last night.

I genuinely can't believe some of the stuff on here, or in the Daily's (Winter calling us 'embarrassing' in the Torygraph for starters). I watched a game in which Bayern skinned us alive for 10 minutes, we got the better of them for the next 15, and then they controlled possession for the remainder of the half without ever threatening our goal. And bar that first 10 minutes, at no point did we play badly, and their goals were every bit as soft as ours.
'What were those substitutions?' I'd say given that we turned the game around, they were the right ones.
The team played pretty well, collectively and individually, and indeed the only player who made me even a little bit nervous was Kompany. Possession stats for the 90 minutes were 56:44 and pass completion something like 550:400, so to say we had the p*ss taken out of us is ridiculous.
Bayern are probably the best team in the world, so quite what it takes to satisfy some people is beyond me

TangerineSteve17 said:
Fantastic game, deserved the result. We play at a faster pace without Yaya and in some games I'm glad he doesn't feature. I am sure he'll be picked against Roma, I just hope Manuel puts Milner in the middle again if that's the case.

Ya Ya got a straight red against CSKA, which I think carries a 2 game ban in the Chimps League, so he won't be playing against Roma

Exeter Blue I am here said:
bondsman said:
A ten man Bayern would win the premier league? They out played is with ten but that was one of our performances in Europe?

Some ridiculous comments on here. We went 1-0 up against ten and then they took the piss for 75 mins in a game they didn't even need to win. Aguero saved us single handedly. Yet again big questions have to be asked. What were those substitutions? Had Bayern not made two defensive errors that would have been humiliating last night.

I genuinely can't believe some of the stuff on here, or in the Daily's (Winter calling us 'embarrassing' in the Torygraph for starters). I watched a game in which Bayern skinned us alive for 10 minutes, we got the better of them for the next 15, and then they controlled possession for the remainder of the half without ever threatening our goal. And bar that first 10 minutes, at no point did we play badly, and their goals were every bit as soft as ours.
'What were those substitutions?' I'd say given that we turned the game around, they were the right ones.
The team played pretty well, collectively and individually, and indeed the only player who made me even a little bit nervous was Kompany. Possession stats for the 90 minutes were 56:44 and pass completion something like 550:400, so to say we had the p*ss taken out of us is ridiculous.

There seems to be a small element both on the forum and in the media who are angry that we turned things around and won the match. They seem angry that they can't wake up this morning and laugh at City for being out of the CL and bottom of their group. Angry that Bayern didn't wipe the floor with us. Frustrated that our striker did the job he's paid to do and bury easy chances when they came his way. Pissy that we defended with purpose and hunger.

These people are making me smile and laugh a lot this morning. Lets go to Rome, beat them, then go on and win the whole fucking thing this season. It might just be written already. :)

Exeter Blue I am here said:
TangerineSteve17 said:

Ya Ya got a straight red against CSKA, which I think carries a 2 game ban in the Chimps League, so he won't be playing against Roma

Oh yeah so he did. Well as good a player as he is, in a game like this (away in Rome) it might be a blessing in disguise. I would think we need all players chomping at the bit to get a result there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.