City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

Mister Appointment said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
bondsman said:
A ten man Bayern would win the premier league? They out played is with ten but that was one of our performances in Europe?

Some ridiculous comments on here. We went 1-0 up against ten and then they took the piss for 75 mins in a game they didn't even need to win. Aguero saved us single handedly. Yet again big questions have to be asked. What were those substitutions? Had Bayern not made two defensive errors that would have been humiliating last night.

I genuinely can't believe some of the stuff on here, or in the Daily's (Winter calling us 'embarrassing' in the Torygraph for starters). I watched a game in which Bayern skinned us alive for 10 minutes, we got the better of them for the next 15, and then they controlled possession for the remainder of the half without ever threatening our goal. And bar that first 10 minutes, at no point did we play badly, and their goals were every bit as soft as ours.
'What were those substitutions?' I'd say given that we turned the game around, they were the right ones.
The team played pretty well, collectively and individually, and indeed the only player who made me even a little bit nervous was Kompany. Possession stats for the 90 minutes were 56:44 and pass completion something like 550:400, so to say we had the p*ss taken out of us is ridiculous.

There seems to be a small element both on the forum and in the media who are angry that we turned things around and won the match. They seem angry that they can't wake up this morning and laugh at City for being out of the CL and bottom of their group. Angry that Bayern didn't wipe the floor with us. Frustrated that our striker did the job he's paid to do and bury easy chances when they came his way. Pissy that we defended with purpose and hunger.

These people are making me smile and laugh a lot this morning. Lets go to Rome, beat them, then go on and win the whole fucking thing this season. It might just be written already. :)

If I know City, and people may remember that I had us down to beat Bayern, we'll go to Rome and smash them 5-0.

Then Moscow will nick it in Germany.

Damocles said:
Mister Appointment said:
I genuinely can't believe some of the stuff on here, or in the Daily's (Winter calling us 'embarrassing' in the Torygraph for starters). I watched a game in which Bayern skinned us alive for 10 minutes, we got the better of them for the next 15, and then they controlled possession for the remainder of the half without ever threatening our goal. And bar that first 10 minutes, at no point did we play badly, and their goals were every bit as soft as ours.
'What were those substitutions?' I'd say given that we turned the game around, they were the right ones.
The team played pretty well, collectively and individually, and indeed the only player who made me even a little bit nervous was Kompany. Possession stats for the 90 minutes were 56:44 and pass completion something like 550:400, so to say we had the p*ss taken out of us is ridiculous.

There seems to be a small element both on the forum and in the media who are angry that we turned things around and won the match. They seem angry that they can't wake up this morning and laugh at City for being out of the CL and bottom of their group. Angry that Bayern didn't wipe the floor with us. Frustrated that our striker did the job he's paid to do and bury easy chances when they came his way. Pissy that we defended with purpose and hunger.

These people are making me smile and laugh a lot this morning. Lets go to Rome, beat them, then go on and win the whole fucking thing this season. It might just be written already. :)

If I know City, and people may remember that I had us down to beat Bayern, we'll go to Rome and smash them 5-0.

Don't worry that has crossed my mind already. I'm just putting it out of my head though. I'm hoping the fact Bayern lost last night makes them doubly determined at home against CSKA.

Damocles said:
Mister Appointment said:

europa league glory then

Mister Appointment said:
bondsman said:
A ten man Bayern would win the premier league? They out played is with ten but that was one of our performances in Europe?

Some ridiculous comments on here. We went 1-0 up against ten and then they took the piss for 75 mins in a game they didn't even need to win. Aguero saved us single handedly. Yet again big questions have to be asked. What were those substitutions? Had Bayern not made two defensive errors that would have been humiliating last night.

Just because some people don't go with a safer opinion for bluemoon liking here doesn't mean that there unhappy about the result there just to honest ,I was of the same opinion that we didn't played well and got labeled as a rag for first time after being on this forum for 2.5 years ,people say pep teams dominate possession but if they dominate and control the game they did up unitill 85 min with 10 men than something is not right ,we were good in a way we contained the threat of Ribery and robern but that's about it ,but football ain't just about defending its also about attacking and our creativity was hardly there

Nah I think the City way would be CSKA getting smashed 4-0, and us drawing 2-2 in Rome. We'd still be going gung-ho (having not done the maths properly) and Totti whacks in a 30 yarder on 93 minutes.

bayern fan said:
Congratulations on the win! :)

After the red card and your goal i didn´t expect us to control the game so well with 10 men and turn it around to 2:1, especially considering that in the centre Alonso was only supported by the 19 years old an unexperienced Höjbjerg.
Unfortunately in the 2nd half while we still had more posession we fucked up some good chances to counter quickly with bad movement and bad decision making.

The 2 mistakes of Alonso and Boateng were the first 2 really bad mistakes in the whole season and i´m almost glad that these mistakes were punished because hopefully the players now know, what a slight drop in concentration can lead to.

Aguero was so crucial in front of the goal, he really is a superb striker. I was also surprised by Lampard, good performance.
C
I wouldn´t mind you going to the quarterfinals and eliminating Dortmund or Barca/PSG, good luck for the rest of the cl and pl season! :)
Cheers i thought it was a fantastic game at times Bayern were on a different planet ,as you said 2 lapses in concentration & you were punished

Citizen in Pakistan said:
Mister Appointment said:

Just because some people don't go with a safer opinion for bluemoon liking here doesn't mean that there unhappy about the result there just to honest ,I was of the same opinion that we didn't played well and got labeled as a rag for first time after being on this forum for 2.5 years ,people say pep teams dominate possession but if they dominate and control the game they did up unitill 85 min with 10 men than something is not right ,we were good in a way we contained the threat of Ribery and robern but that's about it ,but football ain't just about defending its also about attacking and our creativity was hardly there

I saw your post last night mate. I didn't agree with it at the time and I still don't. You need to be able to make a distinction between dominate and control. They didn't dominate anything. They controlled the ball for long periods in safe areas where they were of no danger to City. We were happy to let them do that.

In terms of our attacking play, we had a plan. A clear plan which revolved around Sagna/Navas and Nasri/Clichy using the space Bayern leave behind their full backs. We did that extremely well, only for our delivery to fall short. However I'd say that Navas found more space, was more dangerous, than both Robben and Ribery combined.

Similarly it was clear that Lampard in particular was told to look for Kun early, which he did to excellent effect causing Bayern to go down to 10 men and for us to win a penalty. Again that wasn't luck, and it wasn't particularly amazing play from Sergio. It was about timing and a plan - the ball was timed perfectly and the space was there to run into. In many ways I'd have preferred Benatia not to commit that foul and for Kun to have scored. Once they lost a man, Bayern defensive line dropped 10 yards deeper which changed the pattern of play because there was suddenly less space for us to exploit.

Some of the posts I'm reading are way wide of the mark and would make more sense after a performance like Bayern at home last season or Real Madrid at home the season before. Two matches in which we were absolutely dominated and were lucky to not lose by bigger margins.

Mister Appointment said:
bondsman said:

None of those chances that Sergio buried were easy; not even the penalty: they were all pressure shots.

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

None of those chances that Sergio buried were easy; not even the penalty: they were all pressure shots.

:)

He certainly made them look easy!

No I take your point. I was exaggerating to make a point about our overall performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.