City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

Dortmund outplayed us yes, but lets be fair they play like that and they beat 99% of teams in europe. We didnt pass the ball well, formation / tactics leave a lot to be desired and once they got to grips with Silva we had nothing. We were poor but got a point. We have to beat Ajax home and away now and then see where we are. Poor performance but still massively in the group.

to his credit, Kolarov was very good when he came on.

I think BVB exposed the trouble with not having good wingers tonight. We needed someone to get the ball down the touchline with them overrunning yaya. We had nobody comfortable really running down the line with the skill to beat a man. Kolarov isn't it, nor is clichy or zaba. Not really Nasri or Silva's game either. Interesting problem, and one we don't face often since not many teams can really crowd yaya out of a game, but they sure as hell did.

Juan King said:
Not a very good performance from us but Dortmund are a good side. Hart was easily our man of the match which is worrying. Yaya had a very poor game by his usual high standards.

At least we got something out of the game but they should really have won.

On another note, I know it's early days but apart from Nastasic I am not convinced by any of the signings we have made this last transfer window, I honestly can't see any improvement to the team from any of them.

Yaya always gives a shitty performance when he plays deep , Mancini should have given Yaya the free role / Attacking midfield role he loves playing . Play him upfront like we played him against RM , thats when he gives his best .

Well all credit to the germans, a top class side. Clichy had a right run around from Gotze, Vinnie keeps getting caught out of position and diving into tackles and poor old Pablo is having to get right wing crosses in and then gets caught out on the break because nobody can be arsed to cover for him. I think we should stick with Nastasic though and Milner definitely needs to come in on saturday. 6 points from Ajax are now a must.

Rascal said:
samharris said:
Rascal said:
A little perspective perhaps my friend.

We cant be upset and should not be upset when a team plays like that against us

Surely it was our poor effort that allowed them to play like that.. thats what upsets me..

You really think none of our players wanted it?

Sometimes in football you lose to a better team, tonight we drew to a better team. We are doing that at the moment. That is not the sign of a team that shows poor effort.

I didnt say our players didnt want it,just that they were poor,most of this forum thinks the same..Im picking up on a poor team performance which tonight was...But I am more than happy with the point..Tonight for me was our worst home performance since Bob came to us..Next game could be totally different and we could well and truly shaft someone.

Rascal said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Dortmund are a good side but we should be beating them,.

Explain why we should?

Have you any idea about were we currently stand in European football or do you just think we should now roll over everyone in our path.
Look what Dortmund were doing in CL last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.