City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

We were lucky to get a point tonight,never a penalty.
Joey had what,8/9 DEEEEECENT saves,well done son.
We've got a lot to learn at the top table yet.
Might be the best team in England,but Europe ??,
couple of years yet i'm afraid to say.

Surely Mancini has now seen that teams that harrass us on the ball completly fucks up our game plan without a plan b that's not go to 5 at the back. Komps needs to trust Nastasic and stop covering towards him, leaving our RB double teamed all the time. He also comes and makes weird interceptions way up the pitch, maybe itd take him being dropped to give him the kick up the arse he needs (not advocating this, just a suggestion). Our midfield is woefully underperforming, neither Garcia or Rodwell are currently good enough to do the job required of them. Silva and Nasri needed to drop deeper to try and get more involved, Kolarov although not my fav player did an admirable job when he came on - has improved alot since the start of the season.

Terrible just terrible tactical game from Mancini, and some players were on the pitch like they even don't give a shit ... One of Yayas worst games ever ... Players upfront (Sergio and Edin) were running and trying to get the ball but there was no one from middle to feed them.
For me Roberto is tottaly flop of the match !

robbieh said:
City Raider said:
if nastasic was bought to replace lescott because he's a better passer of the ball, i've not seen it yet

Sorry. Disagree. For me he not only looks a better footballer than Lescott but he is going to be much better than Kompany as well. Vincent when he's not on form panics.
Nastasic's passing was very poor tonight.

As was everyone's to be fair.

Mancini admitting the problem with our defence was him so hopefully we return to a solid back 4 now.

Our players cannot play an effective pressing game. Dortmund are well drilled in that aspect and something that we got be working on the most.

Mancini - ohhh said:
dazz46 said:
We won the league playing a formation that worked for us,The idiot then plays all the friendlies with a different formation then changes it again when the season starts,
This is the reason our back four have been terrible you cannot blame the players.Kompany does not become a poor player over night.

Mancini has to get in training and tell the players we are going to play the same formation as last season.

As for the players brought in Everton fans laughed at us for buying Rodwell and Garcia looks just as poor can't tackle and can't get around the pitch.

Ill have you know that every single player we bought this window was not even on Mancinis toilet papers toilet paper.. Hope thats paints a good picture!!

Had we gotten our first or even second choices, we would have been a totally different side..

Tonight was a good game of football! Too close to call, a somewhat hot and cold performance from us but a good football game all the same..

I still believe that we can recover to come and WIN IT! Yes the big cup!!

All is not lost..

I agree all is not lost but we need to get back to last season's formation and tactic's or it could be all lost.

And if Mancini didn't want any of these player's he should have said so and thought to keep DeJong.

brummie blue said:
Mancini says on Sky he knows the problem we have and how to put it right, and it's his job to do so.

Thank god!

Expect a clean sheet and a 4-0 win against Sunderland

this ^^ Lets see tonight as positive im sure 3-5-2 will be ditched for good and back to last seasons defending

Rodwell can't deliver in big games, at least at the moment. I know it's a broken record, but Nige just had miles more in his locker. He's played a World Cup final and got away with a kung fu kick for Christs sake!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.