City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

andrewmswift said:
I hate to go for all caps but FFS WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM UNTIL GARCIA WENT OFF, WHY IS HE BEING SLAGGED
I wouldn't go as far as to say you were the better team, but it was an even contest. A 50/50 game, with him off the midfield was completely lost and nothing could be done about it.

supercrystal7 said:
To put things into perspective. I would have said before the game Dortmund are better than anyone else in the Premiership except you lot. They are a fantastic team.

That said thought you guys played poorly. I thought you would win, but was wrong. I believe Mancini did the right thing. He went toe to toe with Dortmund and you were outclassed today. A lot of it is due to certain players having a poor game.

Silva and Hart had very good games.

At the start of the match Dortmund had the best of things, but at least you were creating chances. Silva just like Ozil, struggles to score for some unknown reason. When Garcia went off everything changed. You completely lost the midfield battle and were overrun.

Balotelli showed nerves of steel to take and score that penalty. That's why he is a special talent.

At the same time Germany must be worried. They should have won this match, but didn't. I know this was brought up in commentary and Gary Neville foolishly dismissed it, but the Germany have produced a generation of world class footballers, but losers. Muller and Neuer are the only exceptions.

This match reveals a few important things.
1. Nasri does not have the right work ethic or mentality to play for City. He is a loser and hid.
2. Yaya Toure really needs help in midfield against the better teams.
3. You are really missing a world class centre back. Kompany is off form and it shows.

Oh feck off.

Ray78 said:
andrewmswift said:
I hate to go for all caps but FFS WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM UNTIL GARCIA WENT OFF, WHY IS HE BEING SLAGGED

It was a rag who was slagging him. We are naive but we got a point.

there have been numerous people attacking him

Well after reading a few posts on here we should move for Mark Hughes, bring a bit of dynamism to the club.

Sack the manager, the board, the groundsman, sack Moonchester and Moonbeam.

People calm down and stop being silly.

We're in exactly the same position as last season and we ended up with ten points, we also won the league. Lots of football to be played yet.

supercrystal7 said:
To put things into perspective. I would have said before the game Dortmund are better than anyone else in the Premiership except you lot. They are a fantastic team.

That said thought you guys played poorly. I thought you would win, but was wrong. I believe Mancini did the right thing. He went toe to toe with Dortmund and you were outclassed today. A lot of it is due to certain players having a poor game.

Silva and Hart had very good games.

At the start of the match Dortmund had the best of things, but at least you were creating chances. Silva just like Ozil, struggles to score for some unknown reason. When Garcia went off everything changed. You completely lost the midfield battle and were overrun.

Balotelli showed nerves of steel to take and score that penalty. That's why he is a special talent.

At the same time Germany must be worried. They should have won this match, but didn't. I know this was brought up in commentary and Gary Neville foolishly dismissed it, but the Germany have produced a generation of world class footballers, but losers. Muller and Neuer are the only exceptions.

This match reveals a few important things.
1. Nasri does not have the right work ethic or mentality to play for City. He is a loser and hid.
2. Yaya Toure really needs help in midfield against the better teams.
3. You are really missing a world class centre back. Kompany is off form and it shows.

tumblr_maq77ecMHG1qejf6u.gif

teddykgb said:
Completely outclassed, I haven't been this impressed with an opponent since Napoli last season. So many reminders of that game in there today, except in a lot of ways Dortmund were better ...

You thought it was Reading at home? This is the Champions League.

Re: Have we ever taken a bigger trousering at home than that?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
I think the last time I saw us get pounded like that on our own turf and get away with it was Liverpool at home Boxing Day 86, when the Scousers ran us ragged for 90 minutes, only for Clive Wilson to score with our only shot. We could have scored 4 or 5 ourselves first half tonight, but by the end there'd have been no complaints if we'd been 7-0 down. What a stitch up that we wound up in a group like that. The difference between Dortmund and effing Cluj was like Mike Tyson fighting Charles Hawtry
The arse 2001 0-4

2 def mids, one not being yaya. Don't play Silva and Nasri together from the start. Don't start with 2 strikers...and the problems will begin to go

Ovo said:
What really stuck out to me is that even when we're playing poorly we are still not getting beat. This is a good sign.
We cant keep being shit though, sooner rather than later we need to pull our fingers out and stop pissing around with formations and get back to what worked last season. Fair play to Dortmund though, they were awesome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.