City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

The first half wasn't actually that bad. Dortmund were the better team, but we were in the game, creating chances and we probably should have scored 1 or 2 (David Silva continues to be the worst finisher in our team, though that's hardly his main job)

But the second half was a hard watch. Just completely outclassed, outplayed, out-thought. Humbling viewing. Dortmund are world class, but I still don't think we should be getting totally bossed like that, especially at home.

Yaya had a mare, but everyone gets one of those every now and again.

Kompany's form all season, I just don't know. Looks like the 2008 player as opposed to the 2012 player. Probably just needs to play through it, but in current form he looks very vulnerable, especially in one on one's.

Outside of his ridiculous miss (Just head it in FFS) When he got the ball, I thought Silva was pretty good tonight, showed a drive thats been absent recently.

Not good. 4 games left, and I think at least we have to win 3 and draw 1. Which means we have to beat either Dortmund away or Real Madrid at home and both of those look beyond us at this moment in time.

No need to panic, we got some winnable games in the next few weeks, lets get some victories under our belt and up our confidence, I'm sure things will be better

They are better than us no shame in that, 3 points against Sunderland will hopefully lift some of the malaise which is hanging over us both on and off the pitch.

DaveH said:
Woooooooo Disaster
The german champions came and gave us a game of football and it was game of 2 keepers which could of gone either way.
This wasn't scunthorpe in the cup, it is the champions league.
Get a grip people we are still learning and improving.

No disaster but again more signs of a team that is not switched on.

We haven't learnt alot and are not improving in Europe so far.

Hopefully our league form will stay on track and we really do need a comfortable home win on Saturday because we look nervous and lacking in confidence and have been for much of the season.

Until we start keeping clean sheets we will struggle to have the season we would expect us to have.

Its impossible for Hart to do so when you have a defense and midfield performing like ours has so far this season.

Re: Our home atmosphere tonight was pathetic.

mcfcliam said:
English football for you.

Sterile, upper class bollocks. Well done to those in charge, you have got what you wanted. a sanitised, boring fan culture.

Andy Mitten is 100000% bang on the money.

Indeed he is.

We will only compete with the likes of Dortmund/Aris/Poznan fans if prices come crashing down.

Rip Off Britain, and its on the terraces.

Re: Our home atmosphere tonight was pathetic.

I was in block 110 tonight and we did manager to drown out one of their songs with the good old Uwe Uwe Rosler chant.

Dortmund are excellent and it's clear to see why theyve slapped Munich twice in two years to become back to back champions of Germany. Probably the best team I've seen at our ground in several years. They also knew exactly how to play against us. They did their homework really well.

In all I have to say I think they were / are a better team than us at this time.

First half we could've and should've scored at least a couple, as should they. This recent inability to take our chances is really starting to do my head in. At CL level you have to take your chances. Had we taken 1 or 2 it's a completely different game.

Joe Hart was incredible tonight and just like v Madrid showed why he's the best in the world. Well done Joe.

Playing these 'proper' CL games (as opposed to getting a piss easy group) is excellent for everyone's development/experience especially lads like Jack and Nasti. Playing such intense games against excellent players, and yes making mistakes, will make them better players. Much more so than playing against the likes of Cluj or the team Chelsea beat last night.

Progression wise I'm convinced if we take 6 points off Ajax we'll be in a very strong position to progress.

As we now play them twice and Dortmund and Madrid play each other twice here are the possible outcomes after 4 games (with us beating Ajax twice):

Madrid beat Dortmund twice:

Madrid 12
City 7
Dortmund 4
Ajax 0

Madrid beat Dortmund once and they draw once:

Madrid 10
City 7
Dortmund 5
Ajax 0

2 draws:

Madrid 8
City 7
Dortmund 6
Ajax 0

Dortmund beat Madrid twice:

Dortmund 10
City 7
Madrid 6
Ajax 0

Dortmund beat Madrid once and they draw once:

Dortmund 8
City 7
Madrid 7
Ajax 0

Basically, we beat Ajax twice and no matter how the Madrid v Dortmund games go we're in a good position going into the last 2 games. It would however be 'best' for us if Madrid beat Dortmund twice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.