City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

Re: Our home atmosphere tonight was pathetic.

The atmosphere would at least be a little better if there was more chants then two (Balotelli, Yaya/Kolo) that we could sing for more then 15 sec.

swedishcityfan said:
The atmosphere would at least be a little better if there was more chants then two (Balotelli, Yaya/Kolo) that we could sing for more then 15 sec.

We have Lesson in Pride but unfortunately people are singing it in fast forward mode for some reason! It's my favourite City anthem but seems to speed up by the year to get to the main chorus. We never win at home and we never win away is a great song too (and almost becoming relevant again!). Need to bring back the in 1963 when we fell to Division Two song.

Why Always Ste said:
cool cat said:
Vocal support was wank

Didn't exactly hear you in third tier....

I don't claim to be an ultra ...

Sometimes whoever claim to be our vocal support should admit defeat ..
We were championship level tonight vocally , the away support were champions league level

cool cat said:
Why Always Ste said:
cool cat said:
Vocal support was wank

Didn't exactly hear you in third tier....

I don't claim to be an ultra ...

Sometimes whoever claim to be our vocal support should admit defeat ..
We were championship level tonight vocally , the away support were champions league level

LoL, a Championship team would probably be louder tonight as they'd appreciate actually being in ECL and the tickets would be cheaper so ordinary working class people would be able to get in

Lower the roof take the seats out charge a tenner and we'll be as loud as any Germans just not going to happen so we just have to live with it doesn't help when the teams out played either.

i kne albert davy said:
Lower the roof take the seats out charge a tenner and we'll be as loud as any Germans just not going to happen so we just have to live with it doesn't help when the teams out played either.

Etihad Stadium will sound like Emirates and Old Shitford in no time with an attitude like this.

I think SOME of our songs are shit tbh. Singing about how many we scored against united, how many bombs we dropped on united, or how shit united are is fair enough because we hate the bastards but hardly stadium rocking stuff and im not saying get rid either BUT we need something that's like a repetitive chant that just keeps going, and makes constant noise. Maybe we are too English for it?? I don't know what the answer is.
Some will say bring in safe standing, imo it wont make any difference because our signing sections already stand "safely" .

The main differences between us and the European clubs it that we are family orientated. Nothing wrong with that as the kids are the future support including my son, But it makes a deference to an atmosphere. The whole "match day" experience is almost like going to see a bloody show for me. we are not allowed to build up and atmosphere because we have got pre match entertainment and music that so loud in parts of the ground that you cant start a song.

The reality is that in the UK we are never going to get atmospheres like we do in Europe. our culture is different, the premier league is more and more corporate focused and the attitude of fans is different.

Of course there are times when our support is a bit naff but that usually because what we are seeing is not great. Still im a believer in supporting my team even when they are playing shite. getting on the players backs does not work for me. But Ultimately its each to their own.

100%manc said:
BUT we need something that's like a repetitive chant that just keeps going, and makes constant noise.

The Yaya/Kolo song does that but...

Maybe we are too English for it??

... some people are afraid they will look silly next to their friend/girlfriend doing the Yaya/Kolo dance. However there's no reason the singing areas can't get a 5-10 minute Yaya/Kolo song going if the away dayers did at Fulham.

Fans of other clubs love the Yaya/Kolo routine too, a lot of positive comments on YouTube and Twitter about it.

No reason we couldn't have something like the video someone already posted.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HeJe8GC024[/youtube]

I resent the fuck out of two successive group of death draws, particularly when the three other English clubs have peice of piss groups. WTF are the champions of England, Germany and Spain doing in the same fucking group?

Thanks Twattini

swedishcityfan said:
i kne albert davy said:

Etihad Stadium will sound like Emirates and Old Shitford in no time with an attitude like this.
Whats your answer then how do you think the grounds going to out sing 3000 young blokes out on the piss with the guy in the white shirt at the front organizing the singing a'int going to happen just like it didn't happen again Aris a couple of years ago, rightly or wrongly English football supports not what it was 30 years ago most working class lads priced out why do you think atmosphere was so good again Hamburg £5 maybe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.