City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

Re: Our home atmosphere tonight was pathetic.

LoveCity said:
swedishcityfan said:
The atmosphere would at least be a little better if there was more chants then two (Balotelli, Yaya/Kolo) that we could sing for more then 15 sec.

We have Lesson in Pride but unfortunately people are singing it in fast forward mode for some reason! It's my favourite City anthem but seems to speed up by the year to get to the main chorus. We never win at home and we never win away is a great song too (and almost becoming relevant again!). Need to bring back the in 1963 when we fell to Division Two song.

Exactly. We need to slow a lot of the longer chants down. Lesson in Pride is class but it gets sung so fast that it's nearly finished by the time people latch onto it.

I will hang myself out here.

Yaya.

Yes. He's scored some goals, yes he does a few lung busting runs, but tonight..

Is what he does for the 99% of the time he's not doing that. I swear people are blinkered by the above. Limping around, being bypassed mainly. Infuriating. A man built like the proverbial shithouse, should not be such a shithouse.

"You scored SIX against United?"

article-2212400-1555B05C000005DC-77_634x422.jpg

I do rate Klopp very highly, he has built a top quality team at very little cost and is tactically brilliant. His post-match comments were nice too.

"I think we were the better side overall. Aguero had one or two great chances and it could have been different. In that respect it wasn't an undeserved draw."

By the way, how about stealing this idea from Dortmund?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Qf15Fz8Ek[/youtube]

LoveCity said:
"You scored SIX against United?"

article-2212400-1555B05C000005DC-77_634x422.jpg

I do rate Klopp very highly, he has built a top quality team at very little cost and is tactically brilliant. His post-match comments were nice too.

"I think we were the better side overall. Aguero had one or two great chances and it could have been different. In that respect it wasn't an undeserved draw."

Kinell, he's being very kind.

1azur said:
Totadisco said:
Where can I see distance covered stats?

Game in stats:
Company: 86 passes; 90%(the most) completed, 28 to Nastasic and 11 to Yaya .. NONE to Silva
Nastasic: 100 passes(the most), 19 to Company and 16 to Yaya, only 2 to Silva
Silva: had ONLY 44 passes ( 77% PC)and Yaya had 95 passes( 79% PC)
Dzeko received only 19 passes, none from Aguero though, who had 30 passes in total of which ONLY 43 % completed

I would never start Dzeko with Aguero because it should be clear by now that Aguero doesn't rate Dzeko at all. If Dzeko is starting, I would play him with Tevez and if he is coming on as a sub, I would swap him for Aguero. The partnership of Tevez-Dzeko seems to work much better than Aguero-Dzeko, where there is basically no partnership at all.

At 44:33 of the first half Aguero could have made a pass to Dzeko, through the 15 yard wide hole between two defenders about 25 yards away from the goal, for a classic breakaway, but Aguero thought it would be better if he tried something else.

That pass should have been a no-brainer and one should wonder why Aguero didn't make it.

This. Start Dzeko and Tevez against Sunderland but that said, i dont think Tevez is particularly keen on Dzeko too. Both of them must be reading Bluemoan.

Someone pointed to Aguero's selfishness few days ago and was battered as usual as Aguero is one of the players who can't be criticized here.

When he made that 20m shot in first half he had both Dzeko and Zabaleta completely free on left and right side with nobody between them and keeper but he decided to dribble and shot.

In second half Dzeko got frustrated by him for dribbling and losing ball instead of passing in 2 different situations and then he tries the pass when it was better to shot to redeem for that. And fails.

I understand strikers have to be selfish sometimes, to have that predator feeling in themselves but in games like this one, and even in less important games such stuff can be very, very costly.

Pass the damn ball if someone is in better position.

It's pretty much same with Silva. He'll pick Aguero in 9/10 situations making our game more predictive and easier to block those balls or Aguero. It was very visible in Arsenal game, and it happened today too.

It's better to not play Dzeko if they're gonna ignore him, it's worse for the team. Leave him on the bench rather and play spanish speaking contingent who are keen to work together and pass between themselves.

And sell Dzeko.

baildon blue said:
Reading the threads after the game i thought id been to a funeral.We played well in the 1st half and should have taken the lead.Second half we were poor and we had a defensive cock up again but look on the bright side we can still finish second in this group

Just got back to Dorset couldn't go to bed without giving my two cents worth. First of all thought the Dortmund fans were incredible. Can you imagine what they sound like at home ? It must be such a buzz supporting them. I was cringing with our efforts from the stands. Onto to the game thought we were very lucky to get a point. Joe was world class tonight and saved us from a real thumping. We need to have a strategy to stop this high pressure stuff from our oppenents because at the moment we cant cope with it. We couldnt string two passes together without getting into a right panic. Despite this point tonight I can't see us qualifying from the group, it's too tough for us right now.

I've not been home long, but firstly we were poor, we were very lucky to get a point, we didn't deserve a point, we were in fact lucky not to get a hammering.

That said I've heard some shit tonight from blues (not read this thread, no need, I'll be surprised if it doesn't contain many of the same comments). So many blaming the defence, but that was NOT the problem.

Any analysis is easy, the defence spent most of the evening keeping out Dortmund, sometimes it was lucky, sometimes it was good play, and clearly Joe was inspired. Not sure what the f**k went on when we briefly tried a 3 at the back with Yaya, Kompany and Nastasic, but I hope we never try it again, it was idiotic, and partly cost us the goal, as none of them knew what they were doing. However what was the real problem (not for the first time) was our f**king lightweight midfield, and our utter lack of pace in it.

Garcia I had great hopes for, and its still early days, fingers crossed he will come good, but so far apart from one header, he has been pretty useless, and he's slow, tonight Yaya had to go back and help him, this f**ks Yaya's game, it makes him slow too (and I'll be quite clear I thought he had a shocker too), in 90 minutes he hardly entered the Dortmund half. If Garcia needs a minder, he shouldn't be playing at this level, simple as that. Rodwell is not in the same ballpark, and he's slow, on the pitch and in his head, just don't play him at this level then, that's easy. He will learn, but he isn't ready yet.

Silva and Nasri should not play in the same team at Premier League level, never mind this level, Nasri slows the game down every time he gets the ball, Silva trys the glory ball too often, when a simple pass would be better, but we need this ball occasionally, so he has to play at the top level as it will win matches, but can someone please show him how to do the simple thing, it also works (had the ball just hit him, he'd have scored without the pirouette), Silva is quick in thought, but not so if running. Just no pace or urgency, and quite clearly tonight not enough pressing of opponents with the ball !

Upfront, we need someone who can hold the ball up, AND keep possession, this sadly is not Edin Dzeko, it wasn't all his fault tonight, so often he got shit passes under pressure (from the midfield), very few players would have been able to hold up and lay off some of the rubbish he got, and those balls knocked over the top to him are an utter waste of space, because he is too slow, and even if lucky and not offside, if he has to think about it, he generally doesn't do well anyway.

So in summary, don't blame the defence tonight for the pummelling Joe got, the midfield were missing, and if we went long we couldn't keep the ball anyway.

We need to sort out the midfield, it needs to be settled, and it needs Yaya in an advanced position. If his is sorted out we can still qualify in this, and dominate in the league.

Mancini says he knows what is wrong, well sort it the f**k out then !

We should be very happy with a point for the way we played for the vast majority of that match. We were far too negative and Yaya Garcia/Rodwell destroyed our chances of getting forward (yes, heresy I know but I feel it's true). They played on the toes of the defenders and so gave them the easy pass to the two defensive players who proceed to pass it back to them as Dortmund had done their homework. We got stuck in the most frustrating situation where we just kept the ball between Nasty,yaya,nasty,kompany,rodwell,nasty... It was horrible to watch and I think we should have got someone like Milner on to move the play higher up the pitch and begin connecting into the attack. The second we went down those 5 players had to begin making more positive passes and we looked much more able to score.

With the way we played we had six players in our final third in a constant pass the parcel routine. horrific. Dortmund knew pressing early would force us into that dull, idiotic routine and I think having only DM would have forced our defenders to get the ball higher up field.

We are incredibly lucky to have Joe Hart, with the world watching he put on one of the best displays of his career. I dread to think what would of happened had history gone slightly different and that had been Shay Given. Saying that, Zabs did fantastic aswell, it was that block of four (CBs and CDMs) that need a kick up the arse.

As boring as people outside of our club think, Gareth Barry links our defense to attacking players exceedingly well no matter how unexciting he makes it look and I reckon if he had started we would of looked much more potent as a result of his simple, boring passes to silva/nasri/dzeko/aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.