City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

Pam said:
I resent the fuck out of two successive group of death draws, particularly when the three other English clubs have peice of piss groups. WTF are the champions of England, Germany and Spain doing in the same fucking group?

Thanks Twattini

Agreed 100% Pam BUT we were 5 minutes aay from snatching a point(s) @ El Bernabeu and we were outplayed at home tonight. Now, had we finished in the first half and taken a lead, things could have been different. We didnt and talking about if and buts is, at times, for losers........

SlightlyDangerous said:
Good post to many drama queens on here tonight. We need a win against Sunderland then 2 weeks rest, will probably do the lads some good they look knackered at the moment. This will also give the new players more time to bed in.

Why do they look knackered ?. Hate to see what they look like like next May then.

I think with Euros etc the pre season has been a balls up, conditioning of players not correct, Some intensive training required to get the engine of the team going, Plenty are coasting particularly midfielders.

Re: Our home atmosphere tonight was pathetic.

Some people simply want to watch a game of football, support their team at certain points/highlights in the match, but can't be bothered to chant on a regular basis.

It's always been this way and the above description will stand for a lot more Bluemooners than many care to admit - if this wasn't the case, then we'd have had a better atmosphere over the last decade.

Personally I wouldn't want to be herded like cattle like Dortmund fans around a city centre and then have a man tell me when to sing and jump in my freetime - I find those in awe of Dortmund's support a bit embarrassing really.

Have to agree about the Dortmund fans tonight, I was in 116 right next to them.. Tried in vain to get songs/chants going for longer than 10 seconds but they just fizzled out after 1 verse, ended up finishing most chants on my own... On my way out tonight I clapped the dortmund fans as I passed them, I admired there support but was also envious because creating that sort of atmosphere for my team is what I want from going to games. Just don't get why people pay money to stand there and moan at every pass and shout random shit tactics at the players telling them what they should/shouldn't do.

Tellison87MCFC said:
Have to agree about the Dortmund fans tonight, I was in 116 right next to them.. Tried in vain to get songs/chants going for longer than 10 seconds but they just fizzled out after 1 verse, ended up finishing most chants on my own... On my way out tonight I clapped the dortmund fans as I passed them, I admired there support but was also envious because creating that sort of atmosphere for my team is what I want from going to games. Just don't get why people pay money to stand there and moan at every pass and shout random shit tactics at the players telling them what they should/shouldn't do.

Some people simply pay to watch a football match and if they aren't overly vocal doesn't mean they moan.

bluebannana said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Watching the game on tv doesn't mean you went to the game.

When the team give us something to cheer about then you may see (or hear in your case) that the atmosphere will improve.

we shouldnt always need something to cheer about, the dortmund fans didnt- we should just get behind the team like we used to and support them no matter what. never mind the fact we are in the champions league

Did you go?

Always easy to say "we shouldn't need something to cheer about" when not at the game.

I feel exactly the same as I felt after the Aston Villa game, which is disappointed!!

The scary thing is that we have to go to their ground, if we repeat tonights performance we may be in for a battering!

We should never have sold De Jong. He would have been perfect to bring on after Garcia got injured, and I've not been too impressed with Garcia.

What does Nasri bring to games at the moment? Games just pass him by.

I think this game was a wake up call to many fans who thought our squad was much better than it is unfortunately.

If the southstand and kippax actually joined forces and stopped competing we'd actually make a fair bit of noise.

argyle said:
The scary thing is that we have to go to their ground, if we repeat tonights performance we may be in for a battering!

We should never have sold De Jong. He would have been perfect to bring on after Garcia got injured, and I've not been too impressed with Garcia.

What does Nasri bring to games at the moment? Games just pass him by.

I think this game was a wake up call to many fans who thought our squad was much better than it is unfortunately.
We don't miss De Jong. And he would have done didly squat to stop the onslaught. The key problem tonight was an inability to get the ball into the front line because Dortmund was pressuring us in the middle. They didn't pressure very high, but kept it compact from just inside our half, to just beyond the 3rd of theirs.

De Jong does not give us anything to help unlock this quagmire. Yes he would have put in one or 2 more tackles, but to what effect? Yes we needed better cover, but even more importantly, we needed them to fear they needed better cover by dicing them with incisive passing and confident movement. This are not the qualities De Jong offers. And no matter how much "tackling lovers" want to Romanticize De Jong absence, he would not have given us any chemistry verve,

Totadisco said:
Where can I see distance covered stats?

Game in stats:
Company: 86 passes; 90%(the most) completed, 28 to Nastasic and 11 to Yaya .. NONE to Silva
Nastasic: 100 passes(the most), 19 to Company and 16 to Yaya, only 2 to Silva
Silva: had ONLY 44 passes ( 77% PC)and Yaya had 95 passes( 79% PC)
Dzeko received only 19 passes, none from Aguero though, who had 30 passes in total of which ONLY 43 % completed

I would never start Dzeko with Aguero because it should be clear by now that Aguero doesn't rate Dzeko at all. If Dzeko is starting, I would play him with Tevez and if he is coming on as a sub, I would swap him for Aguero. The partnership of Tevez-Dzeko seems to work much better than Aguero-Dzeko, where there is basically no partnership at all.

At 44:33 of the first half Aguero could have made a pass to Dzeko, through the 15 yard wide hole between two defenders about 25 yards away from the goal, for a classic breakaway, but Aguero thought it would be better if he tried something else.

That pass should have been a no-brainer and one should wonder why Aguero didn't make it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.