City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

The cookie monster said:
Marvin said:
Young said:
Against Real Madrid, Madrid was pretty bad against counter-attacks and had a huge problem dealing with Yaya, that we managed to exploit. However, switching to a 3-5-2 just gave Marcelo the extra ability to overload the right flank.

Against BVB, their defence was particularly vulnerable against MOVEMENT. They were slow on the turn and could be badly exposed to a good offside break. Also, towards the end of the second half, it was shown that they are particularly weak when Aguero lured one of them out to the flanks. We didn't exploit that enough. And it was an absolute shocker we switched to the 3-men defence when it was a 0-0.

Jury? 3-5-2 stinks.

Joe Hart was obviously frustrated after switching to the 3-men defence.
See Joe's interview on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk</a>

We created plenty of chances but their keeper like Joe played very well, and Silva missed the best chance of the night. You can't miss chances like that.

AS for going to 3 at the back. We wanted to win it, and it was designed to give us the width of Kolarov. Absolute shocker is some "City fans" attempts to turn this on to the manager.

Marvin we were dismantled from start to finish..
We took an absolute battering.
We took an absolute battering in the 2nd half, but in the 1st hakf it was toe to toe. We had more chances than they did in that 1st half. Aguero could have scored a hat-trick in the 1st half alone. And Silva had a sitter where it was easier to score.

They played a fantastic game, but you should listen to their manager's thoughts about the game. He said City played very well and gave them a lot of problems.

We were lucky to get a point but for an hour it could have gone either way. Whoever scored first was going to take control

Marvin said:
Young said:
Against Real Madrid, Madrid was pretty bad against counter-attacks and had a huge problem dealing with Yaya, that we managed to exploit. However, switching to a 3-5-2 just gave Marcelo the extra ability to overload the right flank.

Against BVB, their defence was particularly vulnerable against MOVEMENT. They were slow on the turn and could be badly exposed to a good offside break. Also, towards the end of the second half, it was shown that they are particularly weak when Aguero lured one of them out to the flanks. We didn't exploit that enough. And it was an absolute shocker we switched to the 3-men defence when it was a 0-0.

Jury? 3-5-2 stinks.

Joe Hart was obviously frustrated after switching to the 3-men defence.
See Joe's interview on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk</a>

We created plenty of chances but their keeper like Joe played very well, and Silva missed the best chance of the night. You can't miss chances like that.

AS for going to 3 at the back. We wanted to win it, and it was designed to give us the width of Kolarov. Absolute shocker is some "City fans" attempts to turn this on to the manager.

We had one , one on one a shot from distance well saved but should have been saved and Silva's miss in the first half.

They had five gilt edge chances in the first half hit the bar once , hit the post once , two one on ones and the best chance of all in injury time that should have been put away.

The second half gets even worse for us chance wise and I won't go into all the details.

If not for Hart and some good fortune we could have been / should have been on he end of 5-0 , 5-1 drubbing.

You cannot sugar coat this performance and having watched it again for the third time I am horrified by how much our possession was contained to our back half or in positions that didn't bother Dortmund one iota.

We were well and truly slaughtered in all aspects of the game except on the scoreline.

We were slow and meek in possession and opened up time and time again through lack of pace , poor organisation , lack of work rate , lack of drive and intensity and creativity.

A night to forget and lucky to escape with a point is only the beginning but it highlights the fact we are not nearly good enough to match it with the better sides of Europe.

Hopefully the premiership will be a better tale for us.

Can we just hang on a minute, yes Dortmund played well and are some side but we too had our chances, we too played well in parts. Credit them for coming here and making us work hard for a draw but had nasri or kun scored early doors we'd be discussing a great victory right now especially if you take rodwells clanger out of the equation.
Mancini picked the wrong side tonight and compounded it by using the wrong subs and fucked about with the system. When he realises he's digging his own grave and stop picking his bum chums he and we will be just fine.

We CAN get out of this group. I desperately want to so we can say to twatini " what you goin to do now fuck face"

Real Madrid and Dortmund have to play each other twice and when we do we must win

Dortmund were very good. They would have beaten most teams last night

Not sure what else we could do but go 3 at the back. We were conceding (and creating ) chances all night, and the their goal came from an error. We couldn't handle their midfield so putting an extra man in their should have beena good move. Thing the concession of the goal was far more significant to the flow of the game than the tactical change

de niro said:
Can we just hang on a minute, yes Dortmund played well and are some side but we too had our chances, we too played well in parts. Credit them for coming here and making us work hard for a draw but had nasri or kun scored early doors we'd be discussing a great victory right now especially if you take rodwells clanger out of the equation.
Mancini picked the wrong side tonight and compounded it by using the wrong subs and fucked about with the system. When he realises he's digging his own grave and stop picking his bum chums he and we will be just fine.

We CAN get out of this group. I desperately want to so we can say to twatini " what you goin to do now fuck face"

That's fine, but what we really need to do is to identify a candidate who can defeat Pratini when he runs to succeed Blather as FIFA head.

de niro said:

I think it will be very hard to get out of this group. Real at home and dortmund away is the 2 last games and I cant see us winning. Dortmund is much better at home than away and one thing they always do is work their sucks off. I just dont think this City team can match their work rate

Tony101 said:
de niro said:

I think it will be very hard to get out of this group. Real at home and dortmund away is the 2 last games and I cant see us winning. Dortmund is much better at home than away and one thing they always do is work their sucks off. I just dont think this City team can match their work rate

Madrid will have qualified by the time we play them, we will win that game.
Don't forget Dortmund played out of their skin just as we did in Madrid they may not reproduce that at home. We will win that too.

Tony101 said:

We are more than good enough to beat Madrid at home, when we play well. We nearly and probably should have done them last week. Don't forget, Madrid may well have "nothing to play for" when they come to the Etihad as well, which is a big bonus. I can see us with 6 points in the next 2 games, Ajax IF we play well. Dortmund will do well to get a point from there next 2. The Dortmund away match is the big one, get a point from that and I think we are through.

de niro said:
Tony101 said:
de niro said:

Madrid will have qualified by the time we play them, we will win that game.
Don't forget Dortmund played out of their skin just as we did in Madrid they may not reproduce that at home. We will win that too.

There is still a path forward to the Round of 16, but it means probably winning BOTH fixtures with Ajax, earning a draw at the Westfalenstadion, and then defeating RM's B Team, which still might be a fairly formidable side. If BVB slip up against Ajax, or fail to earn a point against RM, then the task is less daunting.

Half Time Music Last Night

Who on earth selected and played the half time music last night?!!
FFS- Just because we are playing a German team doesn't mean we need 15 minutes of full on Euro disco trash!
Harrrrruuummppphhh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.