City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

Dortmund are probably the best team that I have seen at our place. They passed, moved and pressed very well. They will be in the mix later in this competion. Having said that 1st half, even though we rode our luck, we played pretty well and if we had taken the2 clear chances, especially Dave just before half time it may have been different. Garica going off also changed the game, he was doing a very good job in front of the back 4 and allowed Ya Ya to be a bit more positive, after Garcia went off Ya Ya dropped way too deep and slowed us down.
Dave was on top form 1st half, they changed it 2nd half and cut off supply to him. We did not find an outlet after this and they took charge, we need a plan B player to look to in that situation, Nasri needs to step up and take on this role IMO.
Happy with a point. We need to beat Ajaz home and away and get something from either Madrid at home or the Germans away, this is not impossible

best workrate and closingdown from an opponent i've seen in a long time with some skill as well.

an even first half which could gone either way, but we just didn't match their desire second half apart from the magnificent joe hart

and to be honest they could of been out of sight
but they didn't and somehow we scraped a draw, so credit to the lads for that
the best point gained is how i see it
6 points from ajax is a must now though
we can and will get better, too many class players for it not to

Keepers are there to save, strikers to score, Silva missed a simple chance again, Rodwell fucked up again.
Yes Dortmund were good but we certainly performed, just failed to be clinical where necessary.

I was stunned by how bad we were last night. Dortmund were good, no doubt, but there is no excuse for defenders time and time again not following players who have made fairly simple straight runs or not bothering to go and pick up a player who is just standing in acres of space in dangerous areas around the box. Way too much following the ball rather than the man and frankly a decent but not amazing side made our team of top class players look like school boys. We were out thought and worryingly also out fought. Reminded me a bit of Arsenal away last season in the sense that it looked like a team of players who didn't want to be on the pitch to me.

Bazzmand Show said:
Tony101 said:
I think it will be very hard to get out of this group. Real at home and dortmund away is the 2 last games and I cant see us winning. Dortmund is much better at home than away and one thing they always do is work their sucks off. I just dont think this City team can match their work rate

We are more than good enough to beat Madrid at home, when we play well. We nearly and probably should have done them last week. Don't forget, Madrid may well have "nothing to play for" when they come to the Etihad as well, which is a big bonus. I can see us with 6 points in the next 2 games, Ajax IF we play well. Dortmund will do well to get a point from there next 2. The Dortmund away match is the big one, get a point from that and I think we are through.

make no mistake, Madrid will go to the Etihad to win, regardless of their classification status and their B team is still lots better than city's A team. sure they can loose, but it will be very, very hard to beat them. I watched them at Ajax and they creamed them real well and Ajax put quite a fight with BvB

Lancet Fluke said:
I was stunned by how bad we were last night. Dortmund were good, no doubt, but there is no excuse for defenders time and time again not following players who have made fairly simple straight runs or not bothering to go and pick up a player who is just standing in acres of space in dangerous areas around the box. Way too much following the ball rather than the man and frankly a decent but not amazing side made our team of top class players look like school boys. We were out thought and worryingly also out fought. Reminded me a bit of Arsenal away last season in the sense that it looked like a team of players who didn't want to be on the pitch to me.

Sums it up well , defensively we were as bad as I can recall since the new owners took over.

We created some chances but once Dortmund played up the field we were not in the hunt and created little in the box.

Hart had to make 9 top shelf saves and 22 shots on goal from them says enough.

Away from home that would be damming enough but at home it was nowhere near the fortress that our players keep talking about.

It was last year but this year its anything but.

ultimateharold said:
I will hang myself out here.

Yaya.

Yes. He's scored some goals, yes he does a few lung busting runs, but tonight..

Is what he does for the 99% of the time he's not doing that. I swear people are blinkered by the above. Limping around, being bypassed mainly. Infuriating. A man built like the proverbial shithouse, should not be such a shithouse.

Yes limping around, there for all to see, including Bobby, so why did he not take him off?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.