City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

I think most ppl on here are being far too critical. City could have been up 2-O within the first 5mins! Yes Hart kept us in the game, but so dod theor keeper. We had a lot of chances, off the top of my head I csn remember silver and dzecko missing a sitter, aguero hada couple of chances in the first half too. I see it as a positive that we are getting into those scoring positions against such an organized, well drilled team. Yes they did the same to us, the first half was end to end stuff. We fell to pieces after that first goal, thats partly a mentality thing. But we carried on pressing in the last 10 mins, and it was. CLEAR penalty! Was a CLEAR handball in the area. I think our lads did is proud, apart from a large chunk of the 2nd half. But blimey we wasn't as bad as ppl r making out on here.

The answer is simple and does not just reach as far as the CL in my opinion. In all competitions this year up to now we have been poor and only mistakes from other teams have given us a shred of a chance at a positive result.

Last year especially early on, teams were giving City too much space and time on the ball and we were able to pick passes, build slowly and pass around the back four/midfield. When we didn't have the ball we closed fast and hunted in packs.

This year all that has happened is we have been figured out that this is our approach so all that is happening is every team we come up against will play a high line and put pressure on the ball leading to frustration and ultimately mistakes from our players.

All that needs to happen is first and foremost when we don't have the ball we need to be putting pressure on fast and hunting in packs if we have to. When we win it back move it fast.

We have been figured out and that is all that has to be said about it, and if we play like this on saturday and try and build slowly again and allow sunderland to have time on the ball we will lose or just scrape a draw.

Last night just watch the players, they were building from the back very slowly seemingly oblivious to the fact if they lose the ball any second they are in big trouble and won't be able to recover.

Energy levels need raising massively and for god sake put pressure on the ball when we don't have possession.

And just to add STOP experimenting with 3 at the back, every game is a BIG game for City now, we cannot afford to TEST things out, everytime we have this year we have struggled.

P.s sorry for the spelling mistakes, I think you catch my drift though

FantasyIreland said:
bluebrother55 said:
It's obvious what the problem is, but unfortunately on this forum, Bob is bombproof.
Not with everyone,i remain convinced he's limited in his man management/motivation,communication,tactics and,to some degree,his scouting of players.

We shoud be better.

Everyone knows that's the case, that he does indeed have weaknesses. But in spite of that and due to his magnificent sqaud we won the PL title last year so it's kind of hard to criticise him.
We should be much better I agree, and as discussed in another thread it would be so interesting to see what a few other top managers would do with our current squad.

Sometimes I think opponent managers stand there on the sideline wondering thankfully to himself what the hell Macnini is up to and why he doesn't make necessary changes.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:57 am --<br /><br />
badaz52 said:
And just to add STOP experimenting with 3 at the back, every game is a BIG game for City now, we cannot afford to TEST things out, everytime we have this year we have struggled.

With the exception of the CS game against Chelsea, where we look fantastic for some reason.

Matt the Giant said:
Sometimes I think opponent managers stand there on the sideline wondering thankfully to himself what the hell Macnini is up to and why he doesn't make necessary changes.

I wonder what they are more thankful for, the manager not making necessary changes or the fact that he also makes too many unnecessary changes?

Could have been 4-4 at half time. Up until they scored it could have gone either way. Our heads dropped a bit after that. Got out of jail with a late penalty.

I think we've gone back to how we were 2 seasons ago, with the painfully slow build up play, constantly passing along the back line allowing the oppostion plenty of time to organise themselves defensively. That said, we also made plenty of chances!

What was really alarming as well was right at the end after we got our penalty and scored. Instead of that acting as a cue to have a real go at their goal for the last 5 minutes the reverse happened, it was Dortmund who were able to raise their game again and they almost scored twice after it, like we'd really annoyed them...

Danny Hoekman said:
Could have been 4-4 at half time. Up until they scored it could have gone either way. Our heads dropped a bit after that. Got out of jail with a late penalty.

I think we've gone back to how we were 2 seasons ago, with the painfully slow build up play, constantly passing along the back line allowing the oppostion plenty of time to organise themselves defensively. That said, we also made plenty of chances!

In the sense that the score was 0-0 then yes at that point of course it could have gone either way but they were absolutely battering us at the point that they scored and that goal had been coming for some time, yet we had not been the slightest threat to them in the 20 minutes or so leading up to that goal.

Lancet Fluke said:
Danny Hoekman said:

In the sense that the score was 0-0 then yes at that point of course it could have gone either way but they were absolutely battering us at the point that they scored and that goal had been coming for some time, yet we had not been the slightest threat to them in the 20 minutes or so leading up to that goal.

2nd half was one way traffic. We were very fortunate to get a point and still be in with a chance. Sometimes you just have to give credit to the other team. They were fantastic.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
What was really alarming as well was right at the end after we got our penalty and scored. Instead of that acting as a cue to have a real go at their goal for the last 5 minutes the reverse happened, it was Dortmund who were able to raise their game again and they almost scored twice after it, like we'd really annoyed them...

tactically we are a shambles, just bad, and if roberto try to pull the 3 men D against RM, it's curtains. This is a repeat off last season, lose 1st to the big gun, tie at home with equal rival, let's see what happens next, and this time Madrid won't come like Bayern, they'll come to murder us, and they are hitting their stride already

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.