City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

I just don't understand what is happening at the minute, we have played poor from the start of the season only showing slight signs of our form last year.

Then this game last night, we played well in the first 10mins but then that was it. Yaya was way of form, and i am sorry but this 3 at the back shite needs to be put to bed now.
what the hell was wrong with our 4-3-2-1 formation of last year!! when using this formation teams could not handle our movement etc etc...I know bobby needs a plan B but not 3 at the back. It doesn't work and when we moved to this formation they peppered our defence and then scored.

Also how many bloody mistakes does rodwell have to make, that is 2 major errors he has made now that have resulted in goals for the opposition. He is a young player and should not be brought on early in a game or even start these games. Both Rodwell & Sinclair need to be brought on late in games to ease them into the squad so they can adjust accordingly, not be thrown into a championship winning squad that suffers as a result.

We are still the best team in England and i don't even doubt that, but we need to go back to our formation of last season ASAP.

Mancini said he knows the problem and 'it will be fixed'. Declined to say what, or who, it was, but I don't really think Mancini is the problem. To be honest, Kolarov for Nasri seemed odd last night but imo it worked as well as we could have hoped.

One problem is that we are too one dimensional. I almost got sea-sick watching us pass from side to side all evening. Another is that VK is terribly out of form - Zaba had a great game being our main attacking outlet AND covering for Vinny at the back.

Nastasic looks an intelligent player, but time to go back to the tried and tested with Lescott. In fact, back to basics for all the team imo. Passing was lazy, and at the end of the day you could say that on the face of it a sloppy pass was all that cost us the extra 2 pts.

But let's look at the positives. We're still in with a shout of qualification. We got a result, ok we didn't deserve it, but we got it. Dortmund and Madrid play each other twice now, we concentrate on Ajax and hopefully it's Dortmund that have to beat us in Germany, not the other way around.

The team will gel a little more by the time we play them again, will be a different game in Dortmund for sure. Though credit to them, they are German champions for a reason, and I'm sure that if they were in our league they'd be one of the top 3/4 teams easily. Though their lack of aerial ability at the back, for a team boasting both Hummels and Subotic, was something we should have exploited more I think. Dzeko had them both beaten 90% of the time.

Time to get behind the team, not in their faces. Mancini took this team to glory for the first time in decades, with the majority of these same players. Sunderland at home, 1245 Saturday, all that matters for now.

Couldn't bother coming on last night was gutted.

My take n the game - Dortmund did to us what we were doing to teams last season they were pressing players with the ball in twos and threes at times. Because of this we either played simple passes half way in our own half or poor passes to the midfield and gave it away far to much.

Still in the first half we certainly had as many chances as they did - could have been 5 - 5 at HT. Once the players got to our front men we looked capable of scoring.

Second half they continued to do what they did well but Mancini made substitution mistakes - Rodwell - should have been barry. I think when nasri went off Yaya was already limping and although he was poor before that point he was a none event after and should have been taken off. I also couldn't believe tevez never came on, Dzeko can score a goal but he's woeful at holding onto the ball when under pressure.

Still quite a few games to go - I think our only hope is that RM beat Dormund at their ground and we beat RM at home then maybe get a draw at Dortmund. The two away games both teams play at Ajax won't be easy so its not quite over yet

Goetze...wow, what a player!!

We have just got to get him, he has everything he should have been the next target after Hazard went to Chelsea

Re: Our home atmosphere tonight was pathetic.

Aguero_Element said:
thats why we lost, sorry DREW.

i tried..........i really did, but by 60 minutes it was just too much, the moaning, the silence..............

really wasted my time going to that game

now i know why it didnt sell out, people KNOW what they are gonna get!

you seem to like wasting your time moaning about City a lot on here.

i♥city! said:
andrewmswift said:
de niro said:
mancini is actually clueless. to have rodwell in the team over either milner or barry is criminal. nasty over lescott is worse and as for letting de jong go for garcia is plain madness.

hart fantastic.

the bottom line though is we also had our chances and had rodwell not been colour blind the pen would have won it for us.

what did garcia do wrong tonight

and how do you think lescott would have handled their pressing

Garcia makes Dejong look like Messi , A more experienced midfielder like Milner or Barry should have been brought in and not Rodwell , This is the UCL not a preseason game Lescott is more experience and has more physical presence than Nastasic . Tevez is a workaholic and UCL quality attacker . Truely Mancini is clueless.

I agree with you, Mancini have wasted 50 million this summer without improving the team.

And bringing Kolarov yesterday was a big mistake.

Re: Our home atmosphere tonight was pathetic.

It was an in-your-face reason why having two singing stands each side of the away fans doesn't work. When the away fans make a din, each section can't hear each other so do their own thing, meaning the rest of the ground don't join in.

If those two sections were together last night, the songs which did start would have been twice as loud and more of them would have caught on around the stadium.

But that's the way it goes. We went to Shalke and outsung them all night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.