City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

I don't usually come on straight after a defeat as I like to get things in perspective after a night's sleep but I've woken up and am still profoundly depressed by last night's performance.

We've seemingly forgotten how to play in the devastating way we picked apart teams like the rags, Spurs, Chelsea, Norwich, etc. We used to press and harry them high up the pitch and break at speed. Now we're content to play it along the back line and it takes two or three passes instead of one, or one pass but too late, to get the ball to the right place.

Every time Dortmund had the ball, the players moved quickly and they looked to move it forwards quickly. Whenever we had it, the players were static, allowing Dortmund to press them in numbers and more often than not the ball went back to the defenders.

yaya injury, why keep him on ?

Can anybody shed any light on this, injured before 1st sub, limped around after wards, it was after this dortmund took over completely, from where i sat it looked like he was desperate to come off. Surely milner could have gone into central midfield. Or could none of the 3 experts on the bench see this.

Re: yaya injury, why keep him on ?

paulgmurphyhumphries said:
Can anybody shed any light on this, injured before 1st sub, limped around after wards, it was after this dortmund took over completely, from where i sat it looked like he was desperate to come off. Surely milner could have gone into central midfield. Or could none of the 3 experts on the bench see this.

It was totally bizarre. He was also having heated discussions with the bench. I couldn't understand why Mancini made the Kolorov sub without knowing whether Yaya would recover.

I don't know what Ya Ya's beef was but he was either asking the manager to change the midfield, or asking to come off. REgardless. Yaya wasn't right after the knock.

No idea, thought it was stupid, he looked terrible any other player or team would have removed a player who was moving like that. Took a mate with me who is a West Ham fan, and has played a lot of football at a half decent level himself, and he was stunned. He kept asking me why wern't we taking him off ? also to be fair he wasn't having the best of games without the injury!

Prestwich_Blue said:
I don't usually come on straight after a defeat as I like to get things in perspective after a night's sleep but I've woken up and am still profoundly depressed by last night's performance.

We've seemingly forgotten how to play in the devastating way we picked apart teams like the rags, Spurs, Chelsea, Norwich, etc. We used to press and harry them high up the pitch and break at speed. Now we're content to play it along the back line and it takes two or three passes instead of one, or one pass but too late, to get the ball to the right place.

Every time Dortmund had the ball, the players moved quickly and they looked to move it forwards quickly. Whenever we had it, the players were static, allowing Dortmund to press them in numbers and more often than not the ball went back to the defenders.

Agree with everything you say. Just no energy and leadership out there last night and has been like that all season. Champs league for fuck sake.

salfordblues said:
We weren't great last night, but they were fantastic. One of, if not the, best side to have ever played at the Etihad.
i think we made them look better than they really are

Didsbury Dave said:
paulgmurphyhumphries said:

It was totally bizarre. He was also having heated discussions with the bench. I couldn't understand why Mancini made the Kolorov sub without knowing whether Yaya would recover.

I don't know what Ya Ya's beef was but he was either asking the manager to change the midfield, or asking to come off. REgardless. Yaya wasn't right after the knock.

He was asking the bench for something and pointing to his groin but all they gave him was a bottle of water, which he refused, the guy then went back to the bench and ignored Ya Ya. I said in the first half that he was limping and could not understand why they took off Clichy rather than Ya Ya! As someone said on the bus on the way home; 'Is there a clause in Ya Ya's contract that says he can't be substituted!!'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.