City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

Re: Our home atmosphere tonight was pathetic.

Didsbury Dave said:
It was an in-your-face reason why having two singing stands each side of the away fans doesn't work. When the away fans make a din, each section can't hear each other so do their own thing, meaning the rest of the ground don't join in.

If those two sections were together last night, the songs which did start would have been twice as loud and more of them would have caught on around the stadium.

But that's the way it goes. We went to Shalke and outsung them all night.

Spot on Dave.
Most intimidating grounds have one big home section behind the goal.
We the family stand one end :( and our vocal support is split in two by the away fans.

salfordblues said:
We weren't great last night, but they were fantastic. One of, if not the, best side to have ever played at the Etihad.

They were good but we were abysmal especially when it came to keeping possession in their half.

Lets not get too carried away with Dortmund yet especially as far as the Chumps League is concerned.

if we were well organised and showed a bit more passion and urgency going forward we wouldn't be talking about them in the light some of us are.

As some have said many of the side didn't appear to want to be on the park last night and it showed in their performance.

Dortmund were set up better than us and we were made to look foolish many times by simple easy to read balls that better set up midfields and defenses would have had few problems with.

Our inabilty to hunt in numbers and press up the field like last season in making us look second rate this season.

Whether that's motivation and or Mancini's flaws coming to the fore again is for the players and staff to sort out and they need to do it quickly.

The Chumps league has passed us by already IMO and we have two trophy's only left if that's the case to aim for.

We had a few really good chances in the first half and didn't put them away. Don't know why, but I think that's also been a problem in the league recently. Had we got an early goal it might have been a different game. But if you pass up some good chances you've got to be prepared for the other team to come back at you at this level.

That second half was very alarming to watch. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of that from visiting teams that have a high work rate. Our form compared to last year has done a completely 180.

The gap between defence and attack was too big at times last night with Yaya off the boil.

Their defensive shape was excellent I thought and the way they moved around the pitch and put pressure on was impressive.

Lots to work on before 24th October.

Two big league games next though that we only drew last season. Sunderland unbeaten this season and West Brom have played 3 won 3 at home without conceding a goal.

Two wins would set us up nicely for the trip to Amsterdam.

-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:09 am --

mancity1 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Is Kompany out of the Ajax game now too?

If two yellows means a one match ban which I think is the case then yes.

22.02 In case of repeated cautions, a player is suspended for the next competition
match:
a) after two cautions in two different qualifying matches, as well as after the
fourth caution during the qualifying phase;
b) from the first match in the group stage, after three cautions in three
different matches, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered
caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.).
22.03 Single yellow cards and pending suspensions are always carried forward
either to the next stage of the competition or to another club competition in
the current season

Reference: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/79/68/69/1796869_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

5 Corners.
11 Goal Attempts.
7 on Target.
64 % possetion.

Yes they were good, but there were 2 teams and the Blues did not a some are saying get away with one with Joe our only man of any note on the pitch.

1azur said:
I would never start Dzeko with Aguero because it should be clear by now that Aguero doesn't rate Dzeko at all.

Aguero's job is to do what is best for the team, rating players is the manager's job last time I checked.

Perhaps Aguero has a clause in his contract specifically saying he doesn't have to pass a certain player if he doesn't rate him.

If it is "clear" that Aguero doesn't rate Dzeko, and is in the right not to pass him, one wonders why the Italian is playing them together.

Ludicrous.

Bluedodd said:
5 Corners.
11 Goal Attempts.
7 on Target.
64 % possetion.

Yes they were good, but there were 2 teams and the Blues did not a some are saying get away with one with Joe our only man of any note on the pitch.

That possession would suggest a more even game in terms of goal attempts and shots on targets and that's why in part I know our poor formation , lack of leadership , poor organsiation , lethargic effort when we had the ball and when we didn't throughout the 90 minutes contributed to making the Dortmund performance lot better than it was.

You will not see 36 per cent possession from a team and nine guilt clear and very gettable goals against a side of our quality and the bulk of that possession in our half and at our patch without something being drastically wrong with our committment , fitness , passion and organisation.

A truly shocking day at the office for Mancini , the players and while Hart must be applauded for keeping the dominance to a minimum on the scoresheet I am sure he would prefer much quieter days.

I fear for Hart if we keep playing like this as we will be on the end of some thumpings against mediocre opposition if we do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.