City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

Booked time off work to go to this match ...shit choice

Shit performance if it wasn't for Hart we would have lost that by an embarrassing score line
What the hell has happened to Vincent Kompany this season he's so poor, his lunges are terrible and they just run straight past

Can't really blame dzeko he had poor service all night
yaya looked injured from where I was say and wanted to come off
Rodwell...hasn't he cost us 3 goals up to now?

Whatever Mancini does in training with the players they certainly are not doing it atm

And massive credit to the away fans..amazing!

we had 64% possession last night, and i think we created about half the chances they did.

we play far to slowly in Europe. Against poorer premier league opponents its easy as you can create chances. But against top quailty European teams that know how to press high up the pitch and defend in numbers whilst still pressuring the ball with 2/3 players, then you have to change and move the ball quickly from back to front. When they had the ball they had options all through the 90 minutes and broke with amazing speed. we slow everything down. Mancini currently has no plan B when playing against teams like that. if Zab and Clichy are covered we dont know how to go forward.

and im sorry to say Rodwell is a very poor player on performances so far !!!

I don't really understand the Garcia bashing on here. He looks slow but de jong and barry were hardly the quickest either.

Before Garcia went off he was winning the ball in the midfield and we were matching dortmund blow for blow.

When he went off we stopped winning the ball and were battered by dortmund.

I know some of you love to single out a player to hate and especially since he replaced a 'fan favourite'. But to pick on garcia who went off injured when we were playing well is a really strange one.

we had a couple of chances but like i already said dortmund anti football 1st half matteo style then they worked us out & just came at us guns blazing . i am not at all happy with mancinis tactics atm hes basically not using the firepower we have to the ability it can reach its embarrassing and i am just left with a dread feeling what will it take for them to realise that we are in dangerous water now

Re: Our home atmosphere tonight was pathetic.

nomorethaksintimes said:
Tellison87MCFC said:
Have to agree about the Dortmund fans tonight, I was in 116 right next to them.. Tried in vain to get songs/chants going for longer than 10 seconds but they just fizzled out after 1 verse, ended up finishing most chants on my own... On my way out tonight I clapped the dortmund fans as I passed them, I admired there support but was also envious because creating that sort of atmosphere for my team is what I want from going to games. Just don't get why people pay money to stand there and moan at every pass and shout random shit tactics at the players telling them what they should/shouldn't do.

Some people simply pay to watch a football match and if they aren't overly vocal doesn't mean they moan.

Each to there own, I have no issue with people just wanting to watch the game. If there not vocal then obviously there not moaning... I was talking about people sat around me that were moaning ALL game.

Comrade Buka said:
1azur said:
I would never start Dzeko with Aguero because it should be clear by now that Aguero doesn't rate Dzeko at all.

Aguero's job is to do what is best for the team, rating players is the manager's job last time I checked.

Perhaps Aguero has a clause in his contract specifically saying he doesn't have to pass a certain player if he doesn't rate him.

If it is "clear" that Aguero doesn't rate Dzeko, and is in the right not to pass him, one wonders why the Italian is playing them together.

Ludicrous.

Agree fully. But hey, why should Sergio bother to pass to Edin when Carlos literally never did last season? He completed six or seven passes to Dzeko over the ENTIRE season. One thing you have to say for Dzeko - for a poacher, he's unselfish when it comes to his fellow forwards.

Blue Heaven said:
Comrade Buka said:
1azur said:
I would never start Dzeko with Aguero because it should be clear by now that Aguero doesn't rate Dzeko at all.

Aguero's job is to do what is best for the team, rating players is the manager's job last time I checked.

Perhaps Aguero has a clause in his contract specifically saying he doesn't have to pass a certain player if he doesn't rate him.

If it is "clear" that Aguero doesn't rate Dzeko, and is in the right not to pass him, one wonders why the Italian is playing them together.

Ludicrous.

Agree fully. But hey, why should Sergio bother to pass to Edin when Carlos literally never did last season? He completed six or seven passes to Dzeko over the ENTIRE season. One thing you have to say for Dzeko - for a poacher, he's unselfish when it comes to his fellow forwards.

I've considered Tevez the most selfish player on our team for a long time. No surprises there.

Hats off for this Forum – very sportsmanlike. It´s soothing for my BVB-soul, that suffered in the end yesterday evening. We play like this often, but never saw my team that strong against a top-class-rival and delightful, that you give credit. The first half could have ended up 3:3 but at the end I was very disappointed with the draw and I don´t blame the referee for that.
But for your sedation, Football isn´t that kind of expansion, it still could happen everything in that group. BTW was there ever a stronger one?
Last question: why the hell you have the best english goalkeeper for long, long times after all these years of calamities on your island?
Cheers and hope to meet some of you in Dortmund

mellow yellow said:
Hats off for this Forum – very sportsmanlike. It´s soothing for my BVB-soul, that suffered in the end yesterday evening. We play like this often, but never saw my team that strong against a top-class-rival and delightful, that you give credit. The first half could have ended up 3:3 but at the end I was very disappointed with the draw and I don´t blame the referee for that.
But for your sedation, Football isn´t that kind of expansion, it still could happen everything in that group. BTW was there ever a stronger one?
Last question: why the hell you have the best english goalkeeper for long, long times after all these years of calamities on your island?
Cheers and hope to meet some of you in Dortmund

Can we have Reus and Goetze please. I'll happily talk to the Sheikh and you can name your price.

:)

Seriously, well done on a fine performance. Agreed anything could still happen in the group but I fear for City because we looked incredibly vulnerable last night. Time will tell.

Big decision coming up for Roberto.Vinnie misses the Ajax game,Lescott comes in and plays well,does he bring our off form captain back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.