City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

Pablo1 said:
big phil said:
Pablo1 said:
Posted a few pages back, if you're as proud as you say though you probably won't want to read it - it's not quite as gushing as yours.
Tosser
Don't be like that big phil.

We're all really really disappointed that we didnt make it 10 straight wins today, I just feel that our depleted squad deserves a lot more credit than some on here would give.
ps sorry for calling you a tosser

Its my fault we drew I`m wearing a clean pair of jeans .
Plus I`m wearing my yellow and blue shirt from 1999 .
I didn't see Burnley 1st goal .
I was eating a burger and drinking a pint of cider .
Anyway the last time I was late for the 2nd half Wigan scored a 2nd , in the second half .
Blame me for today . Don't blame Manuel or the team .

I thought the Burnley forwards were outstanding. Suckered mangala into making fouls by backing in to him and running their hearts out for the team. Second half silva tired dye to the work he put into the first half due to ya ya missing. Kolorov shocking as was Fernando

I don't think it's unfair to blame the schedule in part. 2 games in 48 hours is ridiculous on heavy pitches. These games should have been played on Tuesday with no games on New Years Day. Having said that, it's the same for everyone but when even David Silva can't pass a ball then you know there's something wrong. So I could be a lot harsher about that second half but I'll give them a little leeway.

The warning signs were there on Friday at West Brom, where we blamed the conditions for a poor second half but really we switched off thinking we were home and dry. It's also not the first time our game has gone to shit when a team has put us under mental pressure when we seemed to be comfortable.

The really frustrating thing though, even more than the result & performance, is that at half-time we were just 1 point behind Chelsea. That might, just might, have pressured them into making mistakes and dropping more points.

kinkysleftfoot said:
I thought the Burnley forwards were outstanding. Suckered mangala into making fouls by backing in to him and running their hearts out for the team. Second half silva tired dye to the work he put into the first half due to ya ya missing. Kolorov shocking as was Fernando

Mangala is easily tricked that's for sure. Way too many fouls today.

Ric said:
Fair play to Burnley, they deserved a point. We were very poor in the second half though. All the more disappointing when you consider that the players knew that Chelsea had dropped points. Missed opportunity.
Most likely switched off at halftime 2.0 up thought job was done,has happened before and will probably happen again sometime in the future,at least we didn't lose on to Thursday and three points please against Sunderland...

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
kinkysleftfoot said:

Mangala is easily tricked that's for sure. Way too many fouls today.
He's still extremely raw and a little naive in his decision making. Unfortunately, with Kompany injured at the moment, we don't have that much choice at the back apart from Boyata (Nastasic is apparently persona non grata as far as the manager is concerned). Who would you rather have in the side?

Tommy_Catons_Perm said:
I said to my my pal who is a Burnley fan that there is good chance you will score from a set piece because we give far too many free kicks away.
It nearly happened against Palace but we got away with it then. Why is Mangala in particular so stupid ? Always trying to win the ball from behind
and invariably fouling ? Sometimes he tries to do the impossible and jump up and over a player to head the ball ? Thick !

Burnley had the ball causing no threat and Magala or Fernando near the end barging in and giving up a free kick as if to say -"come on Burnley try to score !"

But surely it is easy to eradicate - just hold off

Completely agree; Footballers are generally stupid, and when emotionally charged with pulse rates touching 190bpm, they verge on moronic!

It's behaviour and decision making in such situations that separate the likes of Ramos from Mangala! Unfortunately, the purchase of Mangala looks like a mistake, and no amount of coaching will stop him doing rash things in the heat of the moments.

In short, he will prove at times of high pressure, a potential liability for years to come.

Too many players had an off day with special mention to three of our back four, the left back and both centre halfs
The second half we started poorly and steadily got worse
Too many times we've struggled when the opposition plays it high and long to a big target man. (Every time we play against Crouch we make him look like a world beater)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.