City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

chicagoblues said:
The perfect fumble said:
If it makes it any easier to accept two points dropped think on this, we got a very soft penalty against Everton on the 6th December, go back and look at it again. Clearly Milner didn't think it was on and he was the one brought down, he got straight back up to chase the ball, when he's been brought down in the penalty box before, he's not one of those rolling around characters he just lies there looking at the ref in that "I'm from Yorkshire, we don't dive" kinda way, but not this time.

We won that game 1-0, two points gifted to us by an iffy decision.

1417889224616_lc_galleryImage__Ruckas_Videograbs_01322_.JPG

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "It's not a penalty in a million years. Jagielka cannot disappear. It's a natural action to get to the ball.

"Football is a contact sport, if you look at the reaction of James he's trying to get up and fight for the ball.

"But putting aside the referee's performance, our first-half performance on the ball was not as good as it could be."
Clip from behind is clear cut PK all day. Get over it .

Nope, it was soft and everyone in the stadium thought so at the time, there was nothing clear cut about it (this could run and run).

PS: I was at the Leicester game, for the longest time it looked like we'd never score, could easily have dropped two points that day....

Just saying.

The perfect fumble said:
blueincy said:
The perfect fumble said:
If it makes it any easier to accept two points dropped think on this, we got a very soft penalty against Everton on the 6th December, go back and look at it again. Clearly Milner didn't think it was on and he was the one brought down, he got straight back up to chase the ball, when he's been brought down in the penalty box before, he's not one of those rolling around characters he just lies there looking at the ref in that "I'm from Yorkshire, we don't dive" kinda way, but not this time.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "It's not a penalty in a million years. Jagielka cannot disappear. It's a natural action to get to the ball.

"Football is a contact sport, if you look at the reaction of James he's trying to get up and fight for the ball.

"But putting aside the referee's performance, our first-half performance on the ball was not as good as it could be."

Oh right it musn't of been because Martinez said??

But if we would of lost or drawn this game in the link..

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/11/30/en/football/international_football/1417376699.html

Like Milly said after the game, if it was outside the box it would of been a foul..
Young was doing it for a full season and only till after the 4th time somebody mentioned it in the media they were all over it, even Moyes had to say he had a quiet word with him about it FFS..
That's the first pen we had in a while and you think that makes up for the times Nasri, Silva, Aguero are chopped down constantly in the box.
Do me a favour, next you'll be saying it evens itself out over a season like some cheating c**t used to say to cover up favours..

Calm down, calm down! I remember Milner saying "if it was outside the box it would of been a foul" at the time I thought it was a clever bit of evasion, but that's not the issue, it was a soft penalty given to us at a time when Sergio had just walked off injured and we didn't look like winning the game.

The penalties denied us against the rags and Southampton were ridiculous, but in the end had no real bearing on the outcome, save for our goal difference. Nor does the Everton penalty make up for the innumerable times Sergio and David have been hacked down this season (or every season for that matter) or the ludicrous free kicks and yellow cards we seem almost uniquely to suffer, nevertheless, it was a soft penalty that gave us three points rather than one, after losing our striker, with both Silva and Kompany out injured, and with City playing below their best.

Given we've just dropped two points we should have won, I thought it timely to remember that fact.

4325.gif

Ok, I've calmed down and thanks for reminding me of the so called soft penalty given us against Everton..

The perfect fumble said:

If Martinez is correct then the free kick Zaba gave away for their equaliser yesterday was not a foul either. In fact, both were Correctly called as fouls.

Chris in London said:
The perfect fumble said:

If Martinez is correct then the free kick Zaba gave away for their equaliser yesterday was not a foul either. In fact, both were Correctly called as fouls.

The free kick Zaba gave away was not a foul, it was another officiating fuck up that even earned him a yellow card, even the MOTD commentary said the same, though not in such flowery language,

Had there not been that free kick then no Burnley goal.

Look, I'm pissed off about the result yesterday, but my compensation mechanism is that given we get shit luck most of the time, we've had a sliver of good fortune in the last few games, that's it.

Still sad about this game. Will take a bulldozing of Sunderland to get over it. Wasn't so much that we drew but that we sat back and conceded 2 goals.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Just watching MOTD and that first Burnley goal.

The mistakes start with Fernando giving the ball away, then Demichelis mops up but his control is sloppy and the ball runs out for a corner. From the corner, Kolarov gets his head to it but it skims off it to the far touchline. Navas is first to it but then weakly allows Mee to get in front of him and allow the ball to go for a Burnley throw.

From that, the ball is played into our area but Mangala clears it well upfield. Milner makes a woeful attempt to pick it up but completely mistimes his jump and it's played right back. Demichelis fails to win the header against Barnes and the ball goes to Ings. Zabaleta doesn't pick him up and then fails to block his cross. Finally Hart's attempt at a save is pathetic although he clearly didn't anticipate the touch from Boyd.

That's about 7 or 8 poor mistakes (not including the offside). If after any of the first 5 or 6 we get hold of the ball and keep it, they don't score.
It was a truly awful goal to concede, and we were sleeping after half time.

It was compounded by Zab making a completely pointless challenge in no-mans land for the second, and then further rubbish defending of the following free kick.

If we'd been alert and doing our job properly, we'd have won 2-0, yes mistakes happen, but in both incidents there were far too many, one or two are acceptable, but not one after another. Had Zab stood off, and waited to make a decent tackle, we might well have been on the break, not defending a stupidly given away free kick.

I hate it when we don't get the simple decision making stuff right, especially with the quality we have.

cleavers said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

The mistakes start with Fernando giving the ball away, then Demichelis mops up but his control is sloppy and the ball runs out for a corner. From the corner, Kolarov gets his head to it but it skims off it to the far touchline. Navas is first to it but then weakly allows Mee to get in front of him and allow the ball to go for a Burnley throw.

From that, the ball is played into our area but Mangala clears it well upfield. Milner makes a woeful attempt to pick it up but completely mistimes his jump and it's played right back. Demichelis fails to win the header against Barnes and the ball goes to Ings. Zabaleta doesn't pick him up and then fails to block his cross. Finally Hart's attempt at a save is pathetic although he clearly didn't anticipate the touch from Boyd.

That's about 7 or 8 poor mistakes (not including the offside). If after any of the first 5 or 6 we get hold of the ball and keep it, they don't score.

It was compounded by Zab making a completely pointless challenge in no-mans land for the second, and then further rubbish defending of the following free kick.

If we'd been alert and doing our job properly, we'd have won 2-0, yes mistakes happen, but in both incidents there were far too many, one or two are acceptable, but not one after another. Had Zab stood off, and waited to make a decent tackle, we might well have been on the break, not defending a stupidly given away free kick.

I hate it when we don't get the simple decision making stuff right, especially with the quality we have.

It was a brainless 2nd half display.

cleavers said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

quite forensic and accurate. i blame fatigue, mental and physical, we do have an 'old' team who put quite a shift in for the last two games. A bridge too far.

It's beyond me of how we give up two goals to freaking Burnley a team with 5 times less our wage bill and talent. Although I can see we missed Yaya Toure as a our engine in midfield you never realize once here's their again. This could hurt us mentally going forward and into the Chelesa game honestly we drew to freakin Burnley a team that will get relegated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.