City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

mosssideblue said:
ballbag said:
Fair play to the six fingered folk from the basin of Burnley. Not happy, but hey ho. We're still 3 points off top and flapping ain't gonna do owt to help. I think some people reckon we just have to show up to claim three points and other teams will just roll over and let us shaft them. It don't work like that and Burnley were no mugs. Respect and credit where its due.

We have to remember that Burnley took points from the champions elect. Speaking of rags, where are the scummy bastards? You can tell they didn't win yesterday as normally they would be all over this thread. If there is a god, the scum will not make top 4 this year.

Rooney rugby tackles a tottenham player in the box and nothing is given, fuck all to do with god, Scudamore said it it's all but nailed on..
Scousers won't make top 4 because of FFP and the rags have an unexplained tax relief put into their accounts so stop blaspheming:-)

Chippy_boy said:
mosssideblue said:
big phil said:
FFS! I have never heard such bollocks.
It was pretty clear today that a lot of the players were running on empty, so what do some of the tits on here do? Slag the players off and demand Pellegrinis head. You should hang your heads in shame...
We were missing 3 of the worlds best players, the spine of themteam, and you want to moan and woman like spoilt raggy bastards?
Well fuckoff to the swamp then. These players have given everything of late, 9 wins and 2 draws in the last 11 games not good enough for some.
I'm proud as fuck of my team tonight.

Absolutely.

Rubbish.

No-one is demanding plsyers' heads and when someone plays shit, it's not unreasonable to say xyz was shit.

The happy clappers on here seem completely unable to recognise that posters criticising and expressing their concerns and frustrations, does not make them closet rags or mean that they want everyone sacked

I find the "well played Burnley, well played City, bad luck, move on" brigade pretty fucking tiresome to be honest, and even more so when they throw in a few raggy comments.

Chippy, I'm a long way from being a happy clapper. In fact I'm the most miserable bastard I know!
Of course I recognise peoples right to have a good old moan, especially after that 2nd half yesterday, but some of the comments on here were a bit over the top to say the least. If we'd been offered 9 wins and a draw after the qpr game, we'd all have taken it, especially considering the injuries since.

If it makes it any easier to accept two points dropped think on this, we got a very soft penalty against Everton on the 6th December, go back and look at it again. Clearly Milner didn't think it was on and he was the one brought down, he got straight back up to chase the ball, when he's been brought down in the penalty box before, he's not one of those rolling around characters he just lies there looking at the ref in that "I'm from Yorkshire, we don't dive" kinda way, but not this time.

We won that game 1-0, two points gifted to us by an iffy decision.

1417889224616_lc_galleryImage__Ruckas_Videograbs_01322_.JPG

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "It's not a penalty in a million years. Jagielka cannot disappear. It's a natural action to get to the ball.

"Football is a contact sport, if you look at the reaction of James he's trying to get up and fight for the ball.

"But putting aside the referee's performance, our first-half performance on the ball was not as good as it could be."

The perfect fumble said:
If it makes it any easier to accept two points dropped think on this, we got a very soft penalty against Everton on the 6th December, go back and look at it again. Clearly Milner didn't think it was on and he was the one brought down, he got straight back up to chase the ball, when he's been brought down in the penalty box before, he's not one of those rolling around characters he just lies there looking at the ref in that "I'm from Yorkshire, we don't dive" kinda way, but not this time.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "It's not a penalty in a million years. Jagielka cannot disappear. It's a natural action to get to the ball.

"Football is a contact sport, if you look at the reaction of James he's trying to get up and fight for the ball.

"But putting aside the referee's performance, our first-half performance on the ball was not as good as it could be."

Oh right it musn't of been because Martinez said??

But if we would of lost or drawn this game in the link..

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/11/30/en/football/international_football/1417376699.html

Like Milly said after the game, if it was outside the box it would of been a foul..
Young was doing it for a full season and only till after the 4th time somebody mentioned it in the media they were all over it, even Moyes had to say he had a quiet word with him about it FFS..
That's the first pen we had in a while and you think that makes up for the times Nasri, Silva, Aguero are chopped down constantly in the box.
Do me a favour, next you'll be saying it evens itself out over a season like some cheating **** used to say to cover up favours..

Well wat can we say about this game having gone in at half time 2-0 it was the perfect start. Burnley actually played well in the first half complacency kicked in with some dodgy defending and we only have ourself to blame.

The perfect fumble said:

We also got an extremely soft one against Spurs (the "foul" on Frank for the first penalty). More than counterbalanced by the (at least) 2 we didn't get in the derby and the farcical one we didn't get at St Mary's (when Kun was booked for diving). Swings and roundabouts. We're still on the credit side of that balance sheet though!

jimharri said:
The perfect fumble said:

We also got an extremely soft one against Spurs (the "foul" on Frank for the first penalty). More than counterbalanced by the (at least) 2 we didn't get in the derby and the farcical one we didn't get at St Mary's (when Kun was booked for diving). Swings and roundabouts. We're still on the credit side of that balance sheet though!
I'd say the Spurs one was more balanced out by their ridiculous penalty in the same game, for a dive outside the bloody box! Then we have the Stoke game where Yaya gets kicked in the stomach and we still don't get a penalty. If it does "balance itself out", then we are due a rags 11/12-esque second half to the season, but I somehow doubt that will happen.

Credit to Sean Dyche for his tactical changes. Nothing to lose plus us not having the pace of Aguero or Yaya's long range passing meant in the second half they defended much further forward than the first half. Most teams we peg back but Burnley closed us down on the half way line and they got some luck and got what they deserved.

Our level did drop quite alarmingly in the second half, we got sloppy, Kolarov was poor and even Silva started misplacing passes. In the end i was happy with a point and very happy Burnley were content to play into the corners as we were there for the taking.

blueincy said:
The perfect fumble said:

Oh right it musn't of been because Martinez said??

But if we would of lost or drawn this game in the link..

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/11/30/en/football/international_football/1417376699.html

Like Milly said after the game, if it was outside the box it would of been a foul..
Young was doing it for a full season and only till after the 4th time somebody mentioned it in the media they were all over it, even Moyes had to say he had a quiet word with him about it FFS..
That's the first pen we had in a while and you think that makes up for the times Nasri, Silva, Aguero are chopped down constantly in the box.
Do me a favour, next you'll be saying it evens itself out over a season like some cheating c**t used to say to cover up favours..

Calm down, calm down! I remember Milner saying "if it was outside the box it would of been a foul" at the time I thought it was a clever bit of evasion, but that's not the issue, it was a soft penalty given to us at a time when Sergio had just walked off injured and we didn't look like winning the game.

The penalties denied us against the rags and Southampton were ridiculous, but in the end had no real bearing on the outcome, save for our goal difference. Nor does the Everton penalty make up for the innumerable times Sergio and David have been hacked down this season (or every season for that matter) or the ludicrous free kicks and yellow cards we seem almost uniquely to suffer, nevertheless, it was a soft penalty that gave us three points rather than one, after losing our striker, with both Silva and Kompany out injured, and with City playing below their best.

Given we've just dropped two points we should have won, I thought it timely to remember that fact.

The perfect fumble said:

Clip from behind is clear cut PK all day. Get over it .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.