City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

Mister Appointment said:
Pablo1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
If only they weren't really here.
The difference here is PB is calling out an obvious rag whilst you're concentrating on posters who are obviously blues but who have a different opinion to you.

Or maybe I've just got a much better rag radar than the average poster. :)
If you think Chippy is a rag I'd suggest you take your radar into be fixed mate.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Pablo1 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Oh no he's not!
He's behind you..
Many are :-)
Haha! I think the panto references are quite apt after yesterday's second half... Our back four certainly let 'Alladin' on a few occasions..

Good example there why I don't join in the 'pun' threads :)

Just watching MOTD and that first Burnley goal.

The mistakes start with Fernando giving the ball away, then Demichelis mops up but his control is sloppy and the ball runs out for a corner. From the corner, Kolarov gets his head to it but it skims off it to the far touchline. Navas is first to it but then weakly allows Mee to get in front of him and allow the ball to go for a Burnley throw.

From that, the ball is played into our area but Mangala clears it well upfield. Milner makes a woeful attempt to pick it up but completely mistimes his jump and it's played right back. Demichelis fails to win the header against Barnes and the ball goes to Ings. Zabaleta doesn't pick him up and then fails to block his cross. Finally Hart's attempt at a save is pathetic although he clearly didn't anticipate the touch from Boyd.

That's about 7 or 8 poor mistakes (not including the offside). If after any of the first 5 or 6 we get hold of the ball and keep it, they don't score.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Pablo1 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Oh no he's not!
He's behind you..
Many are :-)

2058.gif

ballbag said:
Fair play to the six fingered folk from the basin of Burnley. Not happy, but hey ho. We're still 3 points off top and flapping ain't gonna do owt to help. I think some people reckon we just have to show up to claim three points and other teams will just roll over and let us shaft them. It don't work like that and Burnley were no mugs. Respect and credit where its due.

We have to remember that Burnley took points from the champions elect. Speaking of rags, where are the scummy bastards? You can tell they didn't win yesterday as normally they would be all over this thread. If there is a god, the scum will not make top 4 this year.

Prestwich_Blue said:

The mistakes start with Fernando giving the ball away, then Demichelis mops up but his control is sloppy and the ball runs out for a corner. From the corner, Kolarov gets his head to it but it skims off it to the far touchline. Navas is first to it but then weakly allows Mee to get in front of him and allow the ball to go for a Burnley throw.

From that, the ball is played into our area but Mangala clears it well upfield. Milner makes a woeful attempt to pick it up but completely mistimes his jump and it's played right back. Demichelis fails to win the header against Barnes and the ball goes to Ings. Zabaleta doesn't pick him up and then fails to block his cross. Finally Hart's attempt at a save is pathetic although he clearly didn't anticipate the touch from Boyd.

That's about 7 or 8 poor mistakes (not including the offside). If after any of the first 5 or 6 we get hold of the ball and keep it, they don't score.
Yep, all of that is why I said yesterday was down to our own shortcomings as opposed to refereeing mistakes. They didn't help of course but we allowed ourselves to be put under unnecessary pressure. Once that first went in the belief in Burnleys players became apparent and the capitalised fully for the next 40+ minutes.

Prestwich_Blue said:

Piss poor all around that isn't it. Post half time complacency. You would think after Moscow they would have learned their lesson. Clearly not.....

BigOscar said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
butty69 said:
So disappointed that I have made my first post in 2 years!!
Can anybody tell me why this team only gets motivated when we fall behind or are under pressure. Pelli has no idea how to motivate this team of overpaid pre-madonnas. Second half was hard to watch. I agree that we have been riding our luck last few games but the biggest mistake is allowing Pelli to buy that totally consistent shite of Mandela.... But we are stuck with him cos paying all this money and admitting a mistake is too much to expect from this guy.
In summary I think we will win the league by luck and nothing to do with the manager........
You joined this forum on May 10 2011.

4 days later we won the FA Cup, our first major trophy in over 35 years. Yet you didn't post.
We won the league in one of the most dramatic climaxes ever seen in football the following season. Yet you didn't post.
The next season we again got to the FA Cup Final, came second in the league and Mancini was dramatically sacked. Yet you still didn't post.
Last season, for the first time in our history, we won a league and cup double. Yet not a peep from you.

Yet we draw 2-2 with Burnley and up you pop. You people are so transparent.
I personally enjoyed his idea of "pre-madonnas", presumably being people who were doing the madonna thing way before it was cool? Not knowing Mangala's name is another clear sign of a Man City expert (although I would agree that paying big money for Mandela would of been a mistake, given his recent death)

We're all.....

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNSUOFgj97M[/video]

At the Etihad

I must admit, he's got a point about Mandela. I was in tears reading "Long Walk to Freeman Hardy and Willis"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.