City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

Oh dear. Generally poor performance. Couple of stand out poor performers, Kolarov and Mangala. Kolarov is no where near the defender that Clichy is, he's better going forward ordinarily but today his movement and distribution were both poor. Mangala looked frightened to death and I'm sure having Kolarov to his left, who let his player drift continuously didn't help. Anyway, all seasons have these types of games and at the end of the season you sometimes look back and say point gained, because they had a lot of chances to have won that game regardless of the offside goal.

Complacency and arrogance has cost us again. I feel sick. Absolutely gutted.

Even at 2-1 we tried too much to force the play forward, often giving up possession, when what we needed to do was just keep the ball and not panic. A terrible and naive second half performance.

Absolute wank second half, shades of CSKA away about it.

I don't for a second think Pellegrini got it wrong either. If the players can play as well as they did first half then there are no excuses for their second half performance.

Also our performance was every bit as poor as the referee today but if people want to look at why defending has gone to shit then look no further than the referee. He practically allowed Burnley's front two to bully Mangala today and any time he gave a bit back it was a free kick. Twice he gave away free kicks for heading the ball when the forward was backing into him.

Very disappointing to not get 3 pts from a 2-0 lead at home.

Definitely a very big opportunity missed to close the gap to 1 and take our GD above Chelsea's to.

We had that look about us 2nd half. That look we had a few times under Mancini in his final season, when we lost our way for a while towards the end of last season, and when we had our blip earlier this. That nowt left in the tank look.

The positive is it's still 'as we were' with regards to the title.

We get our best 11 back and we go for it 2nd half of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.