City Vs Chelsea (FA Cup) Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that we'll smash them .

Terry and Cahill might be out.

And this is a knock out tie, so they won't be parking the bus, me thinks. They'll try to come out and basically play into our hands.

If we can score 4 or 5,
I'd be delighted,
and Barcelona,
will be frightened.

LOL !

They have a few injuries.
They may rest a few.
They won't be cagey, nobody wants a draw.
It'll be an open game, that'll suit us.
We're fresher.
We want revenge, our motivation will be higher.
2-0, 3-0 City.

whatever team Chelsea put out we aren't going to stuff them. If we win, it'll be by 1. None of our attacking players seem to be in much form at the moment.

Torrential rains probably benefits them more than us unless we plan on using Garcia, Yaya, Rodwell, and Milner in midfield.

sam-caddick said:
Before last night I really wasn't fussed with this game, mainly because I thought along with the Sunerland game it was too many games before a historic tie against Barcelona.

I know many on here are more interested in this game over the Barcelona tie, but in regards to the club the Barca tie is the one if we win it that will bring the club much needed cash to go towards FFP, and if we want to be thought of as a key player in Europe we now have to constantly look after our image and reputation, a battering would be a disaster and focusing on the FA Cup over the CL would be small time in my opinion.

However, now that we are going into this game with 6 days rest I think we can play a strong team in each game and try and go for both.
Steady on Sam. That's heavy duty optimism!

Going to be a full house I am sure, but every time we get one of these games where the South Stand get s relocated, the atmosphere from the City fans is terrible.

I hope this time it's different. I'm sure it will be buzzing if we score first.

I remember FA Cup 5th round day against Barnsley at Maine Rd where we won 2-0 and went on to draw Spurs in the FA Cup Q/F. Barnsley had the North Stand that day. That was a good day.

Don't take these days for granted blues. Look at the teams left in the draw. If we can beat Chelsea, then we are one game from another trip to Wembley and we really will have a great chance of a domestic treble

One game at a time though. Lots at stake. Play your part

Let's go out and aim for a solid win with our strongest team. It'll pur the gobby one and his team in their place. Whoever wins this is likely to at least get to the FA Cup final.

Even though I'm going to Barca away this game to us fans should be more important than the CL game. Its a real chance of winning something rather than 10 mins of fame v Barca. Even If we win in Spain our squad just isn't balanced enough to win the CL and trying to could blow the three domestic comps for us.

blue b4 the moon said:
Let's go out and aim for a solid win with our strongest team. It'll pur the gobby one and his team in their place. Whoever wins this is likely to at least get to the FA Cup final.

Even though I'm going to Barca away this game to us fans should be more important than the CL game. Its a real chance of winning something rather than 10 mins of fame v Barca. Even If we win in Spain our squad just isn't balanced enough to win the CL and trying to could blow the three domestic comps for us.

I don't think you can think like that, look at Liverpool in 05, Chelsea a few seasons ago, United's team that got to the final at Wembley,

Who would of thought Dortmund would get to the final last season after finishing bottom of their group the season before?

We have a team that I believe can win the European Cup, and we have a coach who I believe can take us all the way.

The FA Cup is a nice trophy to win, but the European Cup is the competition this team has been built for, and if we beat Barcelona over the two ties then I believe that will give us enough confidence and belief to go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.