City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
chris85mcfc said:
The way Mourinho will set up will see that the best they will get will be a point. There is no way they will come out and try and win the game and at best they will score from a set piece or a counter attack.

The game will be more about them stopping us, ideally we could do with scoring early, first 20 minutes, which will settle the nerves and force Chelsea into changing tactics in the second half.

A bit nervous about tonight, having said that I was equally as nervous before United, Spurs and Arsenal. Not saying it will turn out the same but I guess its about time we all had a bit more faith in how good we are.
Chelsea's results against the better teams away from home:

Arsenal drew 0-0
Everton lost 1-0
Spurs drew 1-1
Rags drew 0-0
Newcastle lost 2-0

Didn't realise they had only bagged 1 in those 5 games.

Pigeonho said:
SiWatts90 said:
If we lose tonight we are still ahead of Chelsea anyway, no biggie
I don't get that attitude at all. Course it's a biggie. Also, there should be no hint of doubt about tonight. We are better than them and our home record speaks for itself.

We play more attractive, more exciting football for sure. We have better strikers (by miles). Midfield we probably edge it, but they might argue otherwise. Defence, they are more solid than us.

A City win is by no means a foregone conclusion. Our tennis scores at home have been made possible by us getting 1 or 2 goals ahead and then the opposition having to chase the game and then we pick them off. I don't see this happening at all tonight. Chelsea will be very solid defensively - they have 5 clean sheets and 1 goal conceded in their last 6 games - and we will have to try very hard to break them down, whilst not overdoing it and leaving gaps at the back when they break on us, which they surely will do. Even if/when we break through, I expect Mourinho will keep it tight at 1-0 and hope to nick an equiliser at the end, rather than going all gung ho.

It's an old cliche, but the 1st goal tonight is vital.

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Yaya, Fernandinho, Navas, Silva, Milner/Jovetic, Negredo. Hope Pellegrini doesn't go with the Dzeko-Negredo partnership tonight.

Prestwich_Blue said:
chris85mcfc said:
The way Mourinho will set up will see that the best they will get will be a point. There is no way they will come out and try and win the game and at best they will score from a set piece or a counter attack.

The game will be more about them stopping us, ideally we could do with scoring early, first 20 minutes, which will settle the nerves and force Chelsea into changing tactics in the second half.

A bit nervous about tonight, having said that I was equally as nervous before United, Spurs and Arsenal. Not saying it will turn out the same but I guess its about time we all had a bit more faith in how good we are.
Chelsea's results against the better teams away from home:

Arsenal drew 0-0
Everton lost 1-0
Spurs drew 1-1
Rags drew 0-0
Newcastle lost 2-0

More reason for an early goal then :) I think Pelle will be looking for one early doors.

Chippy_boy said:
Pigeonho said:
SiWatts90 said:
If we lose tonight we are still ahead of Chelsea anyway, no biggie
I don't get that attitude at all. Course it's a biggie. Also, there should be no hint of doubt about tonight. We are better than them and our home record speaks for itself.

We play more attractive, more exciting football for sure. We have better strikers (by miles). Midfield we probably edge it, but they might argue otherwise. Defence, they are more solid than us.

A City win is by no means a foregone conclusion. Our tennis scores at home have been made possible by us getting 1 or 2 goals ahead and then the opposition having to chase the game and then we pick them off. I don't see this happening at all tonight. Chelsea will be very solid defensively - they have 5 clean sheets and 1 goal conceded in their last 6 games - and we will have to try very hard to break them down, whilst not overdoing it and leaving gaps at the back when they break on us, which they surely will do. Even if/when we break through, I expect Mourinho will keep it tight at 1-0 and hope to nick an equiliser at the end, rather than going all gung ho.

Don't for one minute think it will be one of our regular cricket scores, but there is almost a defeatist attitude just because it's Chelsea, completely disregarding what we have done to teams so far this season, and the rather unique form we are in. I see nothing in that Chelsea team to suggest we won't beat them.

Wont be an easy game again. Unsure what philosophy Mourinho will come to etihad with. Attacking? Defensive? Its open for debate. Most fans here should not expect the typical defensive approach, as they have some exceptionally class players in that squad who can switch it to attacking.

I think the game will be decided in midfield.

Chelsea wil play 5 in midfield, which will be too much for both Yaya and Fernandhino. And that will be the decider. Shame Milner and Nasri are out. I would play Negrado up on his own, and pack midfield with Kolarov, Silva/Dimichellis, Yaya, Fernandhino, Navas. My perdiction: draw

Scared to even watch the game tonight. It will destroy my evening if we did get beat at Etihad.

I hope the referee does not decide it tonight

ps - im a pessimist :((

MaineDAWG2008 said:
Wont be an easy game again. Unsure what philosophy Mourinho will come to etihad with. Attacking? Defensive? Its open for debate. Most fans here should not expect the typical defensive approach, as they have some exceptionally class players in that squad who can switch it to attacking.

I think the game will be decided in midfield.

Chelsea wil play 5 in midfield, which will be too much for both Yaya and Fernandhino. And that will be the decider. Shame Milner and Nasri are out. I would play Negrado up on his own, and pack midfield with Kolarov, Silva/Dimichellis, Yaya, Fernandhino, Navas. My perdiction: draw

Scared to even watch the game tonight. It will destroy my evening if we did get beat at Etihad.

I hope the referee does not decide it tonight

ps - im a pessimist :((

You are definitely more a Neville Chamberlain than a Churchill type.

I am quite pleased you are not giving the pre match address.

Pigeonho said:
Chippy_boy said:
Pigeonho said:

Don't for one minute think it will be one of our regular cricket scores, but there is almost a defeatist attitude just because it's Chelsea, completely disregarding what we have done to teams so far this season, and the rather unique form we are in. I see nothing in that Chelsea team to suggest we won't beat them.

Chelsea have a few players who can cause us problems,Hazard and Oscar being the most obvious.
They are also useful on set pieces.
It's not a question of disregarding us,more a case of not underestimating them.

My fear, ok "concern", is that we will being too enthusiastic in trying to smash them. I can envisage wave after wave of City attack, resulting in no goals and us pressing higher and higher up the pitch until they break on us and we find them running at us 3 against 2 or whetever. We need to keep our calm and be patient. Chances will come if we keep possession and run them around the park for 70 or 80 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.