City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
southaustralianblue said:
bobmcfc said:
Three hours eh

It's ok for you. It's 3.40 am here and I haven't slept a wink. There is no doubt in my mind that if we win this game we will win the league
There are more than points at stake for Chelsea

Big match for both clubs but bigger for Chelsea.

Hope referee is alive to Chelsea's spoiling tactics. Pellegrini will have warned our players of Chelsea's likely stop/start intimidation football.

Confident City will win.

I think Jovetic will play a key part in the second half wen Chelsea tire.

Home win, no injuries/suspensions and we move onto 21 matches unbeaten.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I think some posters need to relax about tonight because we have got bigger games than this coming up over the next few weeks.

Chelsea are a very good side and have lots of excellent players but it's now crystal clear that our side is taking the Premiership to a level none of us have seen before.

It will be great to stretch our lead but if it does go wrong tonight its only three points. Chelsea to me look like a side that have a few more draws to come yet judging by their recent performances against Hull and West Ham.

Lets hope we come through this one with injury free players and move on to the Norwich game.

I am going 4 - 2 for City.

I disagree that there are bigger games than this coming up. To me this is the most important game. We lose this game then we drop back to 2nd after being 1st for only 1 week and level with Chelsea. We win the gap is 6 points with Chelsea and IMO makes it a 2 horse race between us and Arsenal. Arsenal have a lot of very tough games Liverpool next week followed by United, Spurs and us in this month. Plus Liverpool in the FA cup and Munich in the CL where bombing out of those competitions would really ratchet up the pressure.

I honestly think we'll hand their chav arses to them tonight, especially if we get an early goal. That twat's mind games will do the trick.

The ref won't be swayed by those comments, he'll more likely go in our favour

Blue Coop said:
I said at the start of the week, I thought Spurs away was the bigger test, but naturally, once we dispatched them my feelings changed to Chelsea.

I am encouraged by the fact that we have so many big game players. Kompany, Yaya, Fernandinho and Silva as a spine gives me confidence.

The only lingering doubt is through a missing Aguero, but Negredo is no slump (Dzeko has to take his chances).

I hear you. But all it takes is for a referee to give decisions against us or be influenced by the portuguese clown. He is manipulative. I think refs fear him.

I think this is going to be a tough match without Sergio. Our other strikers are great but Aguero just has that world class clinical finishing which would have cut through a stubborn Chelsea defence. I can see a frustrating 90 minutes trying to break them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.