City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChelseaRep said:
Chelsea Should comfortably win 3-1, City only knows how to attack, but cannot defend in solid shape, attacking in waves will play to our strengths because we will pick them off on the counter, the same way we did against Bayern Munich in the Super Cup but penalties was our undoing on that particular evening.

That's an interesting opinion, lets explore it. You seem to think that you are better equipped to deal with the open and expansive sides rather than those who sit back and defend (let's assume that the leagues expansive sides are the current top 5 - City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, and Chelsea). As you're one of these sides, that means you'll play expansive sides 8 times this season, and you'll pick each of them off on the counter, the way you did against Bayern in the Super Cup.

Spurs 1-1 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Man City
Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool

So far you've played 4 of those games, averaging 1.25 goals per game, excluding these 4 games from your other PL fixtures, you've scored 38 goals in 19 games, averaging 2.00 goals per game - this would indicate that playing expansive sides actually doesn't play to your strengths, and you certain don't pick them off. You score an average of 0.75 goals per game less against these sides. Just for fun, lets have a quick look at ours.

Man City 6-0 Spurs
Man City 6-3 Arsenal
Man City 2-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 2-1 Man City
Spurs 1-5 Man City

So we've played 5 of those games, averaging 4.00 goals per game, excluding these 5 games in our other PL fixtures we've scored 48 goals in 18 games, an average of 2.66 goals per game - this would indicate that expansive sides actually play to OUR strengths, and we tend to pick them off. You made a great observation, but just picked the wrong team to make it about.

Let's now look into your comment that we only know how to attack, and therefore we can't defend in a solid shape. we've scored 68 goals, while conceding 26, that means we concede 38.2% of the goals that we score. You've scored 43, but conceded 20, so you concede 46.5% of the goals you score. This suggests that actually, we have MORE balance than you between our attack and defence. While we've conceded 6 more goals in total, our balance as a team to attack and defend in the correct manner is more efficient than yours.

If we do the same calculation and consider that City are at home, and Chelsea are away, like the upcoming weekend, the stats move even further in our favour. Our attack defence balance at home would be 19.0% using the same method, while yours away from home is 61.1%. I'm not saying you don't have a chance of picking up points, but if your going into the game thinking these are your strengths then you're mistaken.

ChelseaRep said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Castiel said:
I'm going by what actually happened, not statistics, and I really don't think I'm the one misrepresenting reality here. Shots from range straight at Cech pad the statistics. The only good chance I remember was Nasri's which he fluffed. Lots of arrogance developing on here these days. Seems you're turning into your neighbours.

Not at all. I think people just think you are a bit of a twat. If you think you out played us you are an idiot. You were parking the bus at home, which is disgraceful. Hart threw our point away, you did nothing to earn the win. Palace were harder than you.
At that stage your team Manchester Citeh was beaten by a team in progress that wasn't entirely settled in terms of the overall midfield. You're facing a different beast, for a team like citeh that cannot keep cleansheets facing a team with the best defense in the league could prove pretty costly if Citeh conceded more than 1 goal. I'm very confident chelsea will eaasily beat citeh

Funnily enough, that's exactly what Spurs said before they came to the Etihad. They had conceded 6 goals in 11 matches with their impermeable defence. Well it took us 14 seconds to puncture that pipedream. And in 90 minutes, we doubled their goals conceded. if you want a sneak preview of what you'll be facing, I suggest you watch the first half hour of the game at White Hart Lane last night. And be afraid ... very afraid. Btw, how did you guys get on at the Lane? Sneaked away with a 1-1 draw which Spurs dominated as i recall.

I welcome opposition fans who want to come and discuss the game. I even don't mind the trolls, so long as they have the balls to show up after the game if they are beaten. The problem is they all disappear in a puff of smoke. We had a bellicose Arsenal fan called Gooner who was full of how their visit to the Etihad would be the match of the season. We haven't seen hair nor hide of him since.

So if you think chelsea are going to give us a lesson, then that's fine - your prerogative. Just make sure you're back here post game, cos I suspect you're in for a very long evening.

erast fandorin said:
Castiel said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
You didn't watch the match did you chavvy?

I'll recap for you

16 shots to your 12
6 on target 4 for you
54% possession from us
6 corners to your 3

All in your back yard when you supposedly nullified us- we controlled the game, don't let your euphoria for beating us cloud the facts- I'd also say you are facing a different animal, like I said you'll see Monday

Oh and humility has nothing to do with it, you're a shit club, always have been always will be, no amount of money can polish a turd- ffs your clubs iconic captain is a vile racist thug who bangs his best mates mrs, says it all really

I won't go hiding, the point is will you?
I'm going by what actually happened, not statistics, and I really don't think I'm the one misrepresenting reality here. Shots from range straight at Cech pad the statistics. The only good chance I remember was Nasri's which he fluffed. Lots of arrogance developing on here these days. Seems you're turning into your neighbours.
Its not arrogance,you're the one telling us its the 'premier league' as if you're the oracle on it.Zins right in what he's saying,basically a club with a thug following then replaced by pims drinking wankers with pastel coloured jumpers tied round their necks with obligatory shades on their heads

yee gods: I worked down in the south east for a couple of years and my god the pastel jumper and shades brigade are a vomit-inducing crowd of arrogant tossers.
Actually, I want to cut Castiel some slack here

he's been on board for a couple of seasons now and is , IMHO, a generally ok poster

We're all up for it and preening and bantering ATM ,
but let's not let our hatred of Maureen .. who is an insufferable, arrogant, dishonest, wanker..pollute our welcome to oppo fans

BTW , castiel , still hope we give you a spanking, but reckon (God help me , I'm quoting pigeohno) either 2-1 or 4-0 depending upon your PSV licence status.. (suspect the former, myself)

Blue Coop said:
ChelseaRep said:
Chelsea Should comfortably win 3-1, City only knows how to attack, but cannot defend in solid shape, attacking in waves will play to our strengths because we will pick them off on the counter, the same way we did against Bayern Munich in the Super Cup but penalties was our undoing on that particular evening.

That's an interesting opinion, lets explore it. You seem to think that you are better equipped to deal with the open and expansive sides rather than those who sit back and defend (let's assume that the leagues expansive sides are the current top 5 - City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, and Chelsea). As you're one of these sides, that means you'll play expansive sides 8 times this season, and you'll pick each of them off on the counter, the way you did against Bayern in the Super Cup.

Spurs 1-1 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Man City
Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool

So far you've played 4 of those games, averaging 1.25 goals per game, excluding these 4 games from your other PL fixtures, you've scored 38 goals in 19 games, averaging 2.00 goals per game - this would indicate that playing expansive sides actually doesn't play to your strengths, and you certain don't pick them off. You score an average of 0.75 goals per game less against these sides. Just for fun, lets have a quick look at ours.

Man City 6-0 Spurs
Man City 6-3 Arsenal
Man City 2-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 2-1 Man City
Spurs 1-5 Man City

So we've played 5 of those games, averaging 4.00 goals per game, excluding these 5 games in our other PL fixtures we've scored 48 goals in 18 games, an average of 2.66 goals per game - this would indicate that expansive sides actually play to OUR strengths, and we tend to pick them off. You made a great observation, but just picked the wrong team to make it about.

Let's now look into your comment that we only know how to attack, and therefore we can't defend in a solid shape. we've scored 68 goals, while conceding 26, that means we concede 38.2% of the goals that we score. You've scored 43, but conceded 20, so you concede 46.5% of the goals you score. This suggests that actually, we have MORE balance than you between our attack and defence. While we've conceded 6 more goals in total, our balance as a team to attack and defend in the correct manner is more efficient than yours.

If we do the same calculation and consider that City are at home, and Chelsea are away, like the upcoming weekend, the stats move even further in our favour. Our attack defence balance at home would be 19.0% using the same method, while yours away from home is 61.1%. I'm not saying you don't have a chance of picking up points, but if your going into the game thinking these are your strengths then you're mistaken.
Touche

ChelseaRep said:
andrewmswift said:
i'm still annoyed about hart's fuckup. without it we'd be at least 6 points ahead, and with a win on monday would effectively put them out of the title race
I believe that game was headed for a draw - meaning you would've been 4 points clear, where'd you squeeze the other 2 points from? desperation??

Can you do math?

Reality: Chelsea win
City 53
Chelsea 50

Hypothetical: City Chelsea draw
City 54 Points
Chelsea 48 Points

Looks like six points to me. Fucking dick.

andrewmswift said:
ChelseaRep said:
andrewmswift said:
i'm still annoyed about hart's fuckup. without it we'd be at least 6 points ahead, and with a win on monday would effectively put them out of the title race
I believe that game was headed for a draw - meaning you would've been 4 points clear, where'd you squeeze the other 2 points from? desperation??

Can you do math?

City 53
Chelsea 50

City 54 Points
Chelsea 48 Points

I love seeing cocky bastards being made to look foolish, top work blue!

Quagmire blue said:
andrewmswift said:
ChelseaRep said:

Can you do math?

City 53
Chelsea 50

City 54 Points
Chelsea 48 Points

I love seeing cocky bastards being made to look foolish, top work blue!

.....Is that my old maths teacher!!! :-D

Blue Coop said:
ChelseaRep said:

Spurs 1-1 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Man City
Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool

Man City 6-0 Spurs
Man City 6-3 Arsenal
Man City 2-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 2-1 Man City
Spurs 1-5 Man City

Bam! If only more posters put down opposing fans as respectfully and completely as this! However, I can see the way ChelseaRep is thinking. In Eto, Oscar and Hazard, they have players who can definitely hurt. We will no doubt be aware of this and Pellers and Co. will be planning accordingly.

I can't see Chelsea having the courage to have a go so I think it will be a tight and tough game which we will edge 2-1..... unless we get an early goal........

ChelseaRep said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Castiel said:

Not at all. I think people just think you are a bit of a twat. If you think you out played us you are an idiot. You were parking the bus at home, which is disgraceful. Hart threw our point away, you did nothing to earn the win. Palace were harder than you.
At that stage your team Manchester Citeh was beaten by a team in progress that wasn't entirely settled in terms of the overall midfield. You're facing a different beast, for a team like citeh that cannot keep cleansheets facing a team with the best defense in the league could prove pretty costly if Citeh conceded more than 1 goal. I'm very confident chelsea will eaasily beat citeh

We were a team in progress as well; new manager adjusting to a new league. But of course you conveniently forgot that; right? And also that we have started to keep more clean sheets. But this will be close. I think we win it 2-1. And BTW; less of the "Citeh" shite. If you want to spout on another team's forum, at least make a bit of an effort at respect...unless it is a new concept or something. Castiel doesn't do it and is a decent poster.

gwt said:
Not sure why I have this feeling but I think Yaya will control this game. 3-0 with two from him and a goal from Navas.

Big game player that's why mate<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:36 am --<br /><br />If Aguero was fit id be very very confident.

Still think we will win . 3-1 possibly 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.