City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguero93:20 said:
Blue Coop said:
FactsorFiction said:
Chelsea is unbeaten in tha last 12 games in all competitions, so theres a reason to be confident, but theres no reason to rule out a Man City win Imo.

That's cute!
How many are we? 19 games w/ 17 wins or something like that? mind you, we've only played Spurs twice, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern, Newcastle.....

I thought it was 20, with 18 wins and 2 draws (Southampton A, Blackburn A), but it could be 19/17.

I'd go back and count but it's not even close to the 12 of Chelsea, so we know we are facing the in-form team when they come on Monday.

Its funny how many opposition fans, no matter how reasonable at first can't risk the "becoming like your neighbours line".

Blue Coop said:
Blue Coop said:
That's cute!
How many are we? 19 games w/ 17 wins or something like that? mind you, we've only played Spurs twice, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern, Newcastle.....

I thought it was 20, with 18 wins and 2 draws (Southampton A, Blackburn A), but it could be 19/17.

I'd go back and count but it's not even close to the 12 of Chelsea, so we know we are facing the in-form team when they come on Monday.
Yep, don't forget their lethal strikeforce with 11 league goals between them, our lads only have 31 :(

moomba said:
Its funny how many opposition fans, no matter how reasonable at first can't risk the "becoming like your neighbours line".

Happens because they have run out of rationale. Still fucking annoying. if they come on spouting crap like,
We beat you at Stamford Bridge so we'll beat you at the Etihad, they're going to get a alternative perspective
from us. Ok fucking argument.

Any injuries or suspensions for Chelsea?

As with Tottenham, Chelsea will find it hard to keep possession of the football, thus rendering their ability to create multiple chances null and void.
They do have a lot of quality though, Hazard and Oscar are excellent players and they will be well drilled defensively. Can anyone cope with our passing and movement at the moment though? I think I was actually in a bit of a state of shock at half time against Spurs, such was the level of football on display. We are fucking magnificent currently.

Another thing to factor with Chelsea is how the players will feel mentally going in to the game. There seems to be almost a resigned air amongst the other elite teams in England at the moment that we are just too good. If we score early and our attitude is correct and we close down and harass Chelsea relentlessly, their heads will drop and it could be another cricket score.

Here's hoping.

blue_paul said:

As with Tottenham, Chelsea will find it hard to keep possession of the football, thus rendering their ability to create multiple chances null and void.
They do have a lot of quality though, Hazard and Oscar are excellent players and they will be well drilled defensively. Can anyone cope with our passing and movement at the moment though? I think I was actually in a bit of a state of shock at half time against Spurs, such was the level of football on display. We are fucking magnificent currently.

Another thing to factor with Chelsea is how the players will feel mentally going in to the game. There seems to be almost a resigned air amongst the other elite teams in England at the moment that we are just too good. If we score early and our attitude is correct and we close down and harass Chelsea relentlessly, their heads will drop and it could be another cricket score.

Here's hoping.
Don't like Jose, but he will not let his players approach the game with this attitude. Top post though mate and I agree about the early goal.

blue_paul said:

Here's hoping.
Don't like Jose, but he will not let his players approach the game with this attitude. Top post though mate and I agree about the early goal.

Fella, I agree that you'd expect Mourinho to have his players mentally prepared for this match. However, regardless of how professional a unit they are - and I respect that they can normally grind out results which shows a certain toughness - IF you are behind after 15 minutes and Negredo is bullying your central defenders, Fernandinho and Toure are walzting around your rigid midfield and David Silva is giving your entire team cold fucking sweats as soon as he gets on the ball, you're going to start thinking, here we bloody go again, how does anyone cope with this lot?!?
I’m a bit of a pessimist by nature, my mates would tell you that, always worried about City, never confident about the big games. Always worried about what the opposition can do.
Something clicked watching that game though on Wednesday night. Spurs are no mugs to borrow a cockney phrase and I’m now convinced the only thing that will stop us winning this title is complacency but we look ready for the battle.

Of course, I might look like an idiot on Monday night after Chelsea outwit us and come away with a result but I cannot see that happening. We’re watching a very special outfit.

Bring it on.

blue_paul said:

Here's hoping.
While this is true, its not totally inconceivable that Chelsea could get battered. He got beat in his debut season at Madrid by a great Barca team 5-0. They also lost 4-1 to Dortmund last season.

Yep, that's why I'm saying we want that early goal to pop the bubble that Jose will have his players in approaching this game. That'll also tactically draw them out as the game goes on and if we can get our forward players running near their backline, this will be another big victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.