City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
keneke1234 said:
here' s a tough one: Clichy or Kolarov tomorrow??

I wouldn't normally say this but Kolarov. He's less of a defender than Clichy but I'm not expecting Chelsea to show any kind of attacking ambition, at least not until they're 2 goals down. At that point I'd bring Clichy on to help hit them on the break.

kun said:
jay_mcfc said:
We'll hammer them tomorrow. Honestly expecting 5 goals. Feel very confident and I get the feeling Pelligrini is going to unleash us for this game. It's a shame there's no Aguero but we have plenty of firepower and I think we'll be too quick and powerful for Chelsea.

I think some people are getting ahead of themselves. 5 goals? really?
Maureen will park the bus, 19th century style.
We are good and we have put lots of goals past lots of good sides but we haven't played against a stronger defence this season and it will be tough. I am expecting a very close game decided by a piece of magic (which I reckon we are more capable of). I reckon Jovetic will have a good game and we'll just edge it 2-1, but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a point or Chelsea get a scruffy 1-0. I will be happy to be proven wrong but I don't think we have a chance of steamrolling this side.

I think a lot of our fans still criminally underestimate us and don't have that inner belief for the bigger games. 30+ years of shite will do that to supporters but the way we are playing right now Chelsea can park 3 busses and it won't be enough. Their midfield can't cope with our pace, power and movement and if we score early we will hammer them. Of course I'll take a 1-0 win but right now my confidence is at the highest possible level and I have a feeling the club are really going to put on a show to shut the mouth of Mourinho and his club.

I think Chelsea will get something tomorrow!

Im a glass half empty person when it comes to all things City, always have been and probably always will be. Not even our recent form wavers my doubts. Every game I predict a loss or a draw, but with regard to tomorrows game I have convinced myself Chelsea will at leaset get a point.

Love him or hate him, games like tomorrow are what Mourinho is about.

Love Pellers to get one over him though, think he owes Mourinho one or two.

jay_mcfc said:
kun said:
jay_mcfc said:
We'll hammer them tomorrow. Honestly expecting 5 goals. Feel very confident and I get the feeling Pelligrini is going to unleash us for this game. It's a shame there's no Aguero but we have plenty of firepower and I think we'll be too quick and powerful for Chelsea.

I think some people are getting ahead of themselves. 5 goals? really?
Maureen will park the bus, 19th century style.
We are good and we have put lots of goals past lots of good sides but we haven't played against a stronger defence this season and it will be tough. I am expecting a very close game decided by a piece of magic (which I reckon we are more capable of). I reckon Jovetic will have a good game and we'll just edge it 2-1, but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a point or Chelsea get a scruffy 1-0. I will be happy to be proven wrong but I don't think we have a chance of steamrolling this side.

I think a lot of our fans still criminally underestimate us and don't have that inner belief for the bigger games. 30+ years of shite will do that to supporters but the way we are playing right now Chelsea can park 3 busses and it won't be enough. Their midfield can't cope with our pace, power and movement and if we score early we will hammer them. Of course I'll take a 1-0 win but right now my confidence is at the highest possible level and I have a feeling the club are really going to put on a show to shut the mouth of Mourinho and his club.

I can see where you are coming from, and your are 100% right in how many of our fans under estimate us, it's all a bit be bizarre because fans of other teams I speak to, and full of admiration for the way we play and seem to have more confidence in us than many of own fans do.

Saying all that I don't really do score predictions because there are so many variables the Portuguese bloke as loathsome as he is will have more than a few tricks up his sleeve to use against us,

Ducado said:
Saying all that I don't really do score predictions because there are so many variables the Portuguese bloke as loathsome as he is will have more than a few tricks up his sleeve to use against us,

His tricks will be moaning, time wasting, cheating, kicking and somehow you guarantee the attention will all be on him at some point during and after the game. Thankfully it is nothing that MP hasn't seen before and he'll deal with it. I think MP is more focused on the game and he just wants to make sure we win. The good news is we have a free pass thanks to their draw in midweek; we can really have a go at them without a fear of losing any more.

Lomas has a lob on said:

Im a glass half empty person when it comes to all things City, always have been and probably always will be. Not even our recent form wavers my doubts. Every game I predict a loss or a draw, but with regard to tomorrows game I have convinced myself Chelsea will at leaset get a point.

kin ell mate you must be a right laugh, granted this will be tough but come on the form we are in we are a match for anyone and i mean anyone

Lomas has a lob on said:

You sound like my twin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.