City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel said:
Chelsea carry a considerable threat at corners, and we have looked a little suspect in recent games when the ball has been whipped in to the front post. We do have Lescott and Garcia, who could add extra height, but I suspect MP will simply prefer to outscore Mourinho and play our best footballing eleven.
just put the beast and kolarov on the front post, simples. all Chavs corners are floated to the back post from the games I've seen though, they prefer to stand the ball up and let the two centre halves attack it.

Be interesting to see if Mourinho parks the bus or if he does what the 4 point ga suggests he should - come out to win. If he does the latter it will be nothing other than a comfortable win, especially if Negredo plays. Another match I cannot wait for, though weekends are always shit when we are the Monday game.

Parks the bus: 2-1 City
Comes out to attack: 4-1 City

Pigeonho said:
Be interesting to see if Mourinho parks the bus or if he does what the 4 point ga suggests he should - come out to win. If he does the latter it will be nothing other than a comfortable win, especially if Negredo plays. Another match I cannot wait for, though weekends are always shit when we are the Monday game.

2-1 it is then.

Chelsea are no longer good enough to park the bus and hold out against us. They don't have that option. We win this. With or without Kun. And we then go six points clear of them. They'll have a lot of difficulty clawing that back. Arsenal have a nightmare February to contend with. No, really, February is when we should put some distance between ourselves and everyone else.

Pigeonho said:

its a 3 point gap

BringBackSwales said:
Pigeonho said:

its a 3 point gap
Looks like I was trying to squeeze a point out of them. 3 point gap then.

Hi Guys,

just wondering. If Mancini's title winning team went against Pellegrini's (soon to be title winning) team.
What would the score be?

Obviously Mancini wouldn't have Negredo, BUT he would have Tevez.

Anyhow, just curious what you thought?

I am absolutely gleaming at Sam Allardyce's post match comments last night. Brilliant. Well done that man. Got it spot on! Why would West Ham play to Chelsea's strengths? They played the perfect game plan and it worked. As for Mourinho - what a hypocritical twat that man is. As Hanson said on MOTD - Chelsea played that very same way at Old Trafford, and at the Emirates and will do when they played us. His Inter side knew they had to stiffle Barca when they played in the Champions League, they didn't play expansive football.

Love it. Well done Sam for putting him in his place, and well done Hanson for showing the hypocrisy! Chelsea will post a threat from set pieces, we nearly conceded several times last night from set pieces, need to work on that because Chelsea will not try to play us at our own game!

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demi Kolarov
Garcia Fernandinho
Navas Toure Silva
Negredo

If we don't have the lead with 60 minutes gone then we can think about Jovetic, Dzeko etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.